Sign in to follow this  
Francis Marion

Attention! Ideas for armies of the four French and Indian Wars

Does anyone have any good ideas for armies from the four French and Indian Wars, THE French and Indian War, and the American Revolution? i.e. colonial militia, dutch soldiers, Continental Army, snipers, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Indian_Wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Indian_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

What do you mean by ideas? As in mini-figure torso designs?

Sorry, I should have been more specific:

1. Combinations of standard torsoes and equipment

2. Designs for custom torsoes

3. General equipment overview

4. Leaders

5. etc.

I've given the thread a more meaningful title. I don't think "Attention" will get enough attention X-D

Not sure, but I suspect that something for the colonial militia could be done with the ascot/vest pirate as LEGO produced him. I've done a decal of it, along with some colour variations and a custom back design that makes it look a lot more complete.

Take a look here.

Sorry, I should have been more specific ...

Here are some designs I made some weeks ago. In principle all of the uniforms look similar.

Also Mosana did some parts of this periode.

austriandragoon.png

austriandragoono.png

Take a look on this list and search for the period. Since all of the main countries were involved in America you can use them all.

http://lego-minifig-generator.mac-au.eu/bo...withImages.html

The black tricorne was nearly common.

080312-063545.png080112-113800.png080112-113715.png080312-082157.png

Andreas

Edited by woody64

Thank you for the torso designs, but being a rookie at customizing, (and not having a printer :'-( ) the designs would be a little to apply for me. I also have completed a "Swamp Fox" minifig, but have yet to take pictures of him. I have found the Pirate Captain Torso, with a real hand instead of a hook, is very good for these sorts of things as it gives the impression of a sort of dirtied suit.

If you're thinking about French and Indian Wars, Lego did make Native Americans for their Wild West line.

Thanks, but those natives seem to be more of a Comanche or Apache theme, while the French and Indian Wars were fought with the Iroquois and other such eastern tribes.

Thanks, but those natives seem to be more of a Comanche or Apache theme, while the French and Indian Wars were fought with the Iroquois and other such eastern tribes.

But as far as heads go, that's about as close as you can get. You can still interchange them with other torsos, though I'm not too sure what you would use for Iroquois.

Exactly what kind of heads did you have in mind then?

Well, Mr. Phes, the heads are relatively fine, but the clothing could be differed, maybe some customs :-$ , I've been thinking that maybe some random "colonial" torsoes would work to simulate stolen and looted equipment and clothing.

Then all you need do is acquire the heads and chop them from their bodies! But from what I gather the Indian mini-figures aren't that common and therefore would be expensive and rare, therefore making them a not very viable option.

Ya know, some of the exoforce sets contain some interesting faces that may be used:

exf016.gifexf023.jpg

exf014.gifexf011.jpg

P

The black tricorne was nearly common.

080312-063545.png080112-113800.png080112-113715.png080312-082157.png

Have these torso designs been printed and applied the mini-figures - or have they been digitally added?

But i think the Bison Hat of the Medicine man can be used ...

No these minifigs are results of my minifig generator:

http://lego-minifig-generator.mac-au.eu/

Exactly what is happening with the mini-figure generator?

I was told it was going to be integrated into Classic-Pirates.com yet it appears to have found it's way onto another website but still uses the Classic-Pirates.com interface?

Exactly what is happening with the mini-figure generator?

I was told it was going to be integrated into Classic-Pirates.com yet it appears to have found it's way onto another website but still uses the Classic-Pirates.com interface?

... was mainly done to get access to php scripting. That enables some important tools like:

- cut tool: cut decals to the needed size, which allows access to all decals which are part of a drawing

- bmp support

- face tool

- png generation ...

If wanted I can change the style ...

andreas

Have these torso designs been printed and applied the mini-figures - or have they been digitally added?

The French wore red unfiroms so use the red uniforms and do a differant unfirom for the British Troops. Make the Colonists wear tri-corners and have the indians don't dress in uniforms.

The Iroquois Confederacy (also known as the "League of Peace and Power", the "Five Nations"; the "Six Nations"; or the "People of the Longhouse") is a group of First Nations/Native Americans that originally consisted of five nations: the Mohawk, the Oneida, the Onondaga, the Cayuga, and the Seneca. A sixth tribe, the Tuscarora, joined after the original five nations were formed. Although frequently referred to as the Iroquois, the Nations refer to themselves collectively as Haudenosaunee (Akunęhsyę̀niˀ[1] in Tuscarora).

Something I found on Wikipedia. I love wikipedia. But it looks to me that it doesn't actually matter what type of Indian you use. If you live in the U.S., you can go to FedEx Kinko's, they let you use the color printer there. Good luck!