Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-Royal Arsenal of Astrapi] Gun Carriage Workshop

Le corps des ingénieurs de l'armement, with the help of the locals, built the Gun Carriage Workshop of Astrapi, which was a part of the Royal Arsenal at Astrapi. It was supposed to be used for gun carriage manufacturing and repair. All these works were assured by artisans, the workshop was equipped with a minimum of machinery (a hand operated crane). Therefore, the capacity of production depended largely on artisans' availability and how skilled they were.

15210241071_DISPLAY.jpg

An engineer is giving instructions on how to mount a long gun on its carriage.

15210241072_DISPLAY.jpg

Two artisans are working on a nearly finished field gun carriage.

15210241084_DISPLAY.jpg

Inside the workshop.

15210241095_DISPLAY.jpg

A dude is repairing a mortar with a hammer, it seems that the safety code haven't been invented yet.

15210241096_DISPLAY.jpg

Spoiler

15210241083_DISPLAY.jpg

C&C are welcome!

I was loving this build but thinking man I wish he put a light brick inside so the works could be seen easier and then bam the roof peels of and the side flips open.  

I recognize where that crane is from ... I guess that answers my question on how well it fits in bobs

On 2018/3/19 at 12:29 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I was loving this build but thinking man I wish he put a light brick inside so the works could be seen easier and then bam the roof peels of and the side flips open.  

I recognize where that crane is from ... I guess that answers my question on how well it fits in bobs

Glad you like the build! 

The crane comes from...yes, from the Ideas book.:laugh:

I like the interior detail and the guy working on the cannon. The wall on a hinge is also a neat idea. :thumbup:

Excellent build Bodi, the build really turned out nice, both inside and out. I really appreciate your inclusion of an interior on this one. 

I will say however, I don't think the build gains anything from being turned sideways. I think it distracts a little from the build, and looks a bit wonky.

Otherwise, excellent build!

Nice building and a smart crane! Really glad it has an interior as well. But that lime on the ground... that lime... is killing my eyes :tongue: :grin:

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice building and a smart crane! Really glad it has an interior as well. But that lime on the ground... that lime... is killing my eyes :tongue: :grin:

Thank you BD, the crane I copied it from the Ideas Book, and a shame that you don't like my lime.

But it's an old post,  if we continue to pumping it, I feel we'll soon see a line something like this appears below our posts, we appreciate your enthusiasm...but please refrain from...:pir_tong2: