Hello, a few weeks ago I made a molding factory GBC module but it was not very reliable. This new version is much more reliable and uses even less parts. It is made to look like a lego molding machine with the marbles taking the place of the bricks. Free video instructions.

Lego GBC Molding Factory Module PhotosLego GBC Molding Factory Module Photos

Very good, I like the presentation and apparent function of the machine.

To improve it further, could you add a gate just before the balls enter the mold? It should close when the mold is opened, and only open again when the mold has fully shut. When the mold opens and a ball runs straight through it looks a bit odd, e.g. the yellow ball at 0:08 that comes out after the red and black ones have. That might also address @Captainowie's issue.
Apart from that, I love the idea behind this module. Well done!

14 hours ago, Captainowie said:

Nice. What happens if a ball comes in just as the mould closes, as nearly happens at 0.23? Does the whole machine bind up?

Thanks! The Archimedes screw is timed so that it never happens, as it rotates exactly 4 times for every time that the gray part opens. If one does get stuck somehow then the arm attached to the grey part slides along the axle and avoids any serious damage. (This happened quite a lot during the building process)

11 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Very good, I like the presentation and apparent function of the machine.

To improve it further, could you add a gate just before the balls enter the mold? It should close when the mold is opened, and only open again when the mold has fully shut. When the mold opens and a ball runs straight through it looks a bit odd, e.g. the yellow ball at 0:08 that comes out after the red and black ones have. That might also address @Captainowie's issue.
Apart from that, I love the idea behind this module. Well done!

Thank you! I might try that, good idea :)

On 12/02/2018 at 3:38 PM, Andy D said:

Very nice, I might even make it sometime. Thanks

Andy D

Thank you! I would love to see photos of it if you do build it :-)