STHLM

[MOC] Street basketball court

Fantastically detailed MOC. The basketball hoop/backboard is a great build along with the brown rusty swing set and piles of junk like the old bed frame. Very intricate. 

Absolutely great scene, would love to see it in person, feel like I could look at it for hours and still miss a great deal. That dog really scares me though, not sure why I feel he is such a menace, must be the surroundings. 

This isn’t really my style (the worn down look) but you made it great, I especially love the  swings and the messiness! 

22 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Cool scene with so many great details to look at. I like the worn down look of everything.

Thank you! I like to build "ugly" scenes.

22 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Fantastically detailed MOC. The basketball hoop/backboard is a great build along with the brown rusty swing set and piles of junk like the old bed frame. Very intricate. 

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you like it.

13 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Absolutely great scene, would love to see it in person, feel like I could look at it for hours and still miss a great deal. That dog really scares me though, not sure why I feel he is such a menace, must be the surroundings. 

Thanks! I wouldn't trust that dog either. You can see it live, if you come to Huskvarna, Sweden, April 28-29. It's a bit far for you, I guess. ;-)

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

This isn’t really my style (the worn down look) but you made it great, I especially love the  swings and the messiness! 

Thank you! I'm glad you find it interesting, though it's not your style.

Edited by STHLM

So much to look at with all the detail.  The old bed and couch look right at home.  The mismatched swings are excellent, too.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

Some people chose the thug life. Others were chosen by it; you have gone and built it though! This reminds me very much of a score of urban dramas. Did you have any particular inspiration? A childhood memory perhaps?

MAC

18 hours ago, beverly888 said:

So much to look at with all the detail.  The old bed and couch look right at home.  The mismatched swings are excellent, too.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

Thank you!

I wanted two types of swings, the dish is supposed to be what we in Sweden call "kompisgunga" (friends swing):
dsc_3176_20121016_4602enehagenlekp2012.g
I guess it might be called bird nest swing in Engllish?

Swings made out of old tyres are quite common here.

12 hours ago, iammac said:

Some people chose the thug life. Others were chosen by it; you have gone and built it though! This reminds me very much of a score of urban dramas. Did you have any particular inspiration? A childhood memory perhaps?

MAC

I got inspiration from here and there. One thing was that I'd recently watched The Wire, and where where a lot of scenes on a basket ball court. Another was that I found some pieces on Bricklink, like the hoop and the net. I tried to use them, but the scale was too far off:

37458954770_bc34c03394_z.jpg

[WIP] Street basketball court by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

The debris is just a way to try to be creative in way you normally don't do in the Lego world.