Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo da Bricki

[GBW - Sabotage] - Toohati - Aiding the Rebels [Servants of Freedom 1]

Servants of Freedom 1

Servants of Freedom 2

Xenor. An aristocratic nation, prosperous and vibrant. On the surface. Beneath the calm veneer, tension runs like ocean currents. The wealthy upper class, the business owners, CEOs, government officials, and rulers have become more heavy-handed and oppressive over the last few years. A rebel group, calling itself Servants of Freedom has made a name for itself in this nation among the not-so-fortunate people, a whispered name that brings hope to many. They wield a growing influence among the oppressed, and are growing quickly. Little is known about them, but rumors have leaked out, brief mentions of this partisan force. About 18 months ago, an agent was sent to substantiate these rumors. He was able to make contact with a ranking member of the Servants of Freedom. A deal was made, and in exchange for information about Xenor's internal affairs, money and supplies were passed to aid the rebels....

38751207664_859466ba26_c.jpg[GBW-CP5] Aiding Rebels

Jim was getting worried. He'd been waiting in the alley for nearly 20 minutes now. His contact, Caesar was running late... Or worse. It was conspicuous enough to have been standing here for 15 minutes, but if anyone had noticed both he and his delivery were still here.... He refused to dwell on that thought. Yes, he had been a few minutes early to the exchange, and yes, these were dangerous times, but still. If someone had informed on him, and he were caught with this box of materials, he would see nothing but cell walls for what would remain of his very shortened life. He turned and gazed at the graffiti on the wall across from him. Innocuous, common, and usually ignored. Except this symbol signified much more. The skull, crying a stream of blood, embodied the resentment, suffering, and resolve of the people of Xenor. It was the mark of the Servants of Freedom. To Jim it was simply a marker of this place, where exchanges were made.

39459913671_4cb63c6d70_c.jpg[GBW-CP5] Aiding Rebels

And speaking of exchanges, he wasn't going to wait much more. "I'll give 'em two minutes, no more. Then I'm outta here. Should have been gone already," he muttered. At the one-minute mark, two men came up behind him, spooking Jim.

"Holy---! Don't-- I-- Argh! You're late. I need to get gone, lets do this quick."

"Agreed, time is essential." Code phrases exchanged, Caesar clapped Jim on the shoulder. "Sorry we're late, thought we grew a tail for a bit. Had to lose him, just to be safe. Now then, is this lovely package here all mine?"

"It is, but first-"

"Right here friend, right here." Caesar handed Jim a USB drive, then asked, "What's in this one? It's probably the biggest one you have personally passed to us."

"I don't know," Jim replied, "Plausible deniability and all that. Regardless of what it is, it'll be of use to you."

39459906721_943c9a961f_c.jpg[GBW-CP5] Aiding Rebels

Thanks for checking this out, feel free to give C&C. More photos on Flickr. And for those who like the skull art, LDD is here.

- Leonardo da Bricki

Judges, please look at the spoiler, it has images of the whole build for you!

Spoiler

An overview photo for the judges. It actually splits into 4 parts because why not, but having the two halves separate was quite useful while building.

38751277204_ba1d306661_c.jpg[GBW-CP5] Aiding Rebels Full Scene

And a top-down view of the finished build.

38580842035_fe1dc89525_c.jpg[GBW-CP5] Aiding Rebels Overview

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Added spoiler

Interesting build, very nice idea from a photographic perspective. Great use of the mission, this is one of the rare chances so far to use this mission without pissing off another player. 

10 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Interesting build, very nice idea from a photographic perspective. Great use of the mission, this is one of the rare chances so far to use this mission without pissing off another player. 

Thank you! I've been wanting to build one for a while, but like you said, until now, no good time to use it.

You’ve been awarded (4) points.

Judges’ comments…

Nicely done! I really liked this build. It is solid proof that you don't have to build big to really make someone appreciate a build. Your detail work is phenomenal and I particularly like the fire escape. Also, the fact that you built this with taking pictures in mind shows excellent planning. Keep it up!    

Heavily detailed buildings, lil empty on background, but creating the logo/emblem for the rebels was great.  This was a genius usage of bricks and will help to encourage other builders.        

I really like what you did with the build and the story. Both are very original, well done, and leave me wanting to see/read more. One complaint is that the back of the alley is unfinished. A simple wall or fence would help provide a good background for the alley. 

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!