Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[COR WTC] Mesabi Monument

With the WTC getting more important and the word of the heroic Count Mesabi - hero of the Juniper Wars, the visionary founder of the WTC, a spearhead of Corringtons glory - spreading through the Brickseas, it was only a matter of time until the first monument in Count Mesabis name was erected. It stood proud at the center of Mesabi Landing, guarded by two ceremonial WTC Infantry, displaying an exquisite bust of its noble founder:

dxnr3xU.jpg

UfxjiJM.jpg

P3fiOAB.jpg

Some detail shots:

JYNbvtp.jpgrx12PZd.jpg

And a view from above:

fImrRGV.jpg

Some more under the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

H0AMr8E.jpg

FbuU4rA.jpg

fAd2FPh.jpg

==================================================================================================================

A small arts&culture build for Mesabi Landing.

Nothing special here (except for the stairs maybe). I wanted to do something like this for a while already, and finally got it done yesterday. I tried to keep the whole build rather simple, while still making it look a little bit impressive. The restriction to black and white is intentional, with the green palmtree and red banners giving the colourful contrast. The different hats for the WTC Infantry were a last-minute decision - WTC Marines would not make sense for guard duty, even in front of an important monument, and these hats added that little bit more "fancy" necessary to the Infantry.

C&C are welcome.

LOL.  Even Meloche didn't raise statues of himself. :grin:

A nice clean build though.  The bust works well.

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The monument is great, the stairs are killer !

Thanks! It's nothing special, just 2x2 tiles with a center stud arranged like that.

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

But the background story sucks, and make me puke on it !

and I would add : oueeeeeeeerk !

Wait, what? This text was provided by Gonzo "Drunknok" Thompson, chief editor of the "WTC Monthly" - which is known for its neutral reporting, and truth, nothing but the truth. Are you insinuating anything less than the highest standards of reporting here? Drunknok would be... irritated, at best. You do know that we have quite a bit of incriminating material on the good Dr. Thaum, do you?  

5 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

LOL.  Even Meloche didn't raise statues of himself. :grin:

He only has himself to blame then. Oh wait, he is dead! :devil:

5 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

A nice clean build though.  The bust works well.

Thank you. :classic:

A bust of Mesabi*oh2* Are you planning a movement of independance? :laugh: I can be wrong but I think busts are only for kings or fallen heros.

5 hours ago, Bodi said:

A bust of Mesabi*oh2* Are you planning a movement of independance? :laugh: I can be wrong but I think busts are only for kings or fallen heros.

Is that so? I did not know that. There is no independence movement I know of, but I guess it would fit Count Mesabis character to ignore this custom - or even see himself as king. :grin:

Great build Drunknok. Good to get some culture builds in Mesabi Landing, especially of our Glorious WTC CEO, Count Mesabi. The bust really captures his likeness. 

11 hours ago, Bodi said:

A bust of Mesabi*oh2* Are you planning a movement of independance? :laugh: 

Not currently, but if Corrington kicks us out we'll have to :pir_tong2: