Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Worst part is the design of the Iron Spider is very similar to a bootleg that was released weeks ago. So that's kinda bummer.

As I've said with the legs, you can replace it with the last year Spidey only missing is the gold lines, but you have dual molding.

I’m a little surprised by the lack of dual-molded legs on Spidey, not up to par with the other MCU variants. But it isn’t a huge bother, as the other two minifigures look incredible in my opinion. The (Asguardian?) Iron Man is very detailed, much to my liking, and I quite like the Ebony Maw as well! He seems a little Voldemort meets Snoke, but it’s definurely acceptable. 

Is it just me, or does it look like Ebony Maw’s head may be glow-in-the-dark?

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

I’m a little surprised by the lack of dual-molded legs on Spidey, not up to par with the other MCU variants. But it isn’t a huge bother, as the other two minifigures look incredible in my opinion. The (Asguardian?) Iron Man is very detailed, much to my liking, and I quite like the Ebony Maw as well! He seems a little Voldemort meets Snoke, but it’s definurely acceptable. 

It’s not Asgardian Iron Man. Ebony Maw seems to have a light blush gray head. 

Figures look amazing!! Lack of dual molded legs for Iron Spider is lame, but I love the design and he has great arm printing! I only wish he had side leg printing as well, or that the legs were printed on blue instead of red. Iron Man looks amazing and definitely lives up to my expectations! Ebony Maw’s face looks a bit weird and a new mold would’ve been the best option, but I really like the torso and leg print! So glad to see that leg printing isn’t dead on the figures who need it the most. 

yes it does look like a glow in the dark piece.

Looking at the picture I can see that the Ironman helm has a sky blue printing on his eyes. not the usual plain white like other armors

Seeing these figures makes me excited for the rest! Also there is another photo of the Heads Up Display printing on the face for Iron Man, and that is very cool how it is portrayed.

So glad that, not only are we getting the HUD print (which looks SOOOO GREAT!), but this is the first time in 5 years we're getting a new Iron Man facial print in sets (excluding the Silver Centurion)

So the tony stark face got revealed in that iron man. It looks amazing! I am surprised it took Lego this long to not include a basic tony face But instead use what the actual Face of iron man would look like while he is using the armor 

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

So glad that, not only are we getting the HUD print (which looks SOOOO GREAT!), but this is the first time in 5 years we're getting a new Iron Man facial print in sets (excluding the Silver Centurion)

Iron man 3 sets had unique faceprints

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Which make sense that this could be at least his last or second to the last appearance. Huhuhuhu. RDJ!

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Iron man 3 sets had unique faceprints

In which was released in 2013, and with this being released in 2018 will have made it 5 years :wink:

Edited by Quicksilver838

Ebony Maw looks great - could have had a larger head but the design is great other than the small blue tinge
Iron Man also looks great - love the HUD Print feature!
Spider-man is a tad underwhelming considering the previous figure had dual molded legs :/ Though its 'ok' i suppose, could have simply added a tiny bit of gold to his previous legs.

Cull Obisdian needs to be awesome to justify the set though.

Edited by Scarilian

the lack of all-around leg printing on the iron spider is disappointing, I can't lie. I really hope Peter Parker is included in the Sanctum Sanctorum set to compensate. Every other figure leaked thus far, however, blows me away, I love them! ( even Thanos, and I know I'm the minority when it comes to that opinion). I am a Spider-Man fan first so that is why his portrayal in minifig form for Infinity War bothers me the most. The eye lenses are slightly altered too, and are a very light blue, I wish they at least included a slightly altered version of his head.

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

In which was released in 2015, and with this being released in 2018 will have made it 5 years :wink:

2013, the second year we received sets for the theme. 

Looks like the general consensus for these leaked figures is very positive. Not to sound greedy, but I’m now extremely interested in how Cull Obsidian will look, given he’s from the same set.

1 minute ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I really hope Peter Parker is included in the Sanctum Sanctorum set to compensate

Well based on the set description, He should be there. Hopefully with a pizza piece.

Looks like the general consensus for these leaked figures is very positive. Not to sound greedy, but I’m now extremely interested in how Cull Obsidian will look, given he’s from the same set.

Dr. Strange too. considering that this is the most expensive set (minus the d2c and retailer exclusive if we will have one) I think this set will justify the price, i like what I'm seeing right now. hopefully sanctum build is cool.

Yeah, these ones were actually pretty good. Torso and Leg Printing definitely helps them feel more complete and the surprise HUD for Iron Man is certainly something. 

As long as Cull Obsidian looks amazing and Corvus Glaive looks 'decent' then I'll be happy with the Black Order (as mentioned prior Proxima Midnight is somewhat fixable)

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Dr. Strange too. considering that this is the most expensive set (minus the d2c and retailer exclusive if we will have one) 

I wasn’t considering Doctor Strange, as I don’t believe he’ll have any drastic updates (except maybe he won’t have the time stone/Eye on his person.

Dr strange leaked as well. Looks like he uses a different hair piece from his original minifigure. Also new tourso and leg print too!

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Dr strange leaked as well. Looks like he uses a different hair piece from his original minifigure that’s it

Not sure where you saw this, but i expected kind of the same, but i thought the hair piece he originally had was fine. I'd have rather had a different torso and a better facial print.

Dr strange leaked as well. Looks like he uses a different hair piece from his original minifigure that’s it

where?

Just now, Scarilian said:

Not sure where you saw this, but i expected kind of the same, but i thought the hair piece he originally had was fine. I'd have rather had a different torso and a better facial print.

Wholesale minifigures on instagram

Oh my. That hair. I need.

Alright I saw it, and did compare it, same torso printing.

I think that's a Bruce Wayne Tlbm hair piece? adding that white strands. cool.

Does he have the gloves in the trailer and conceptual arts?

10 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

2013, the second year we received sets for the theme. 

And not a new face has appeared since then

1 minute ago, Aegis2000 said:

I wasn’t considering Doctor Strange, as I don’t believe he’ll have any drastic updates (except maybe he won’t have the time stone/Eye on his person.

He has a new hair piece

Hair piece is nice i guess - prefer the old one but it's easy to switch them out.

The image of Proxima and Ebony kind of emphasizes my point about printing, seeing them next to each other really makes it seem like Proxima is incomplete.