Flavius Gratian

[OCT] Charcuterie at Octoberfest

37845948352_b1ab8ea445_o.pngCharcuterie at Octoberfest

Butcher Helmut has realised the opportunity to promote his small charcuterie during the Octoberfest. The crowds on the streets won't say no to free food, and if they aren't hungry the delicious smell of sausage from Helmut's grills will surely make them. With help from his son Jakob Helmut has set up a stand with two grills outside the shop.

37877339671_dc6ba2d227.jpgThe butcher and his son

About an hour after dawn they light the fire and prepare the sausages.

37845948242_1c1739d556.jpgClose-up of the grill

Within minutes customers flock to the stand, some wants to pay for the sausages anyway while others are more sceptical.

37167245064_2548fc7224.jpgAt least it smells good

To Helmut's delight and surprise Mr and Mrs Klerk approach enthusiastically. They are somewhat high regarded in Helmut's block, as Mr Klerk is with the city administration. They also have a reputation of being gastronomic connossieurs, having the money to afford imported food from all around the world. Helmut feels very honoued to have them visiting his stand, and with their endorsement he can look forward to new customers from all over town!

37845948122_1f58377fbf.jpgMr and Mrs Klerk, gastronmic connoisseurs

Just a small LDD build for the Octoberfest, couldbe licenced as a small artisan (though I probably won't do it)

Edited by Flavius Gratian

Free sausage! 

Nice stand and facade.:thumbup:

Free sausage! 

Nice facade, and I really like that grill and the view of the hot coals. The story is well done, too. I will add Mr. and Mrs. Klerk to my city census! :pir-grin:Good entry!

4 hours ago, Flavius Gratian said:

could be licenced as a small artisan (though I probably won't do it)

If you're not going to license it, would you let me license it in the name of the settlement?

10 hours ago, Bodi said:

Free sausage! 

Free sausage, indeed! Maybe Helmuts can expect monsieur LaGaufre as a new customer? Thank you!

5 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Nice facade, 

Thanks! I went through some already existing buildings of Weelond to steal ideas get inspired.

I really like that grill and the view of the hot coals.

Yeah, I thought it would work, even though it's really simple. The grids wouldn't work in real life because physics, but that's the magic of LDD

If you're not going to license it, would you let me license it in the name of the settlement?

Sure! It's mostly that I want to save the DBs for my own projects.

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build @Flavius Gratian, It turned out very nicely! Glad to have you onboard the Corrington team.

Thank you very much! I'm glad to be on!

1 hour ago, Flavius Gratian said:
7 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Sure! It's mostly that I want to save the DBs for my own projects.

The city of Weelond thanks you!

I like the corners on this facade and the bright colors you have included. The minifigure choices and poses are also well done. Keep up the great work. 

14 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

I like the corners on this facade and the bright colors you have included. The minifigure choices and poses are also well done. Keep up the great work. 

The corners I borrowed from existing Weelond build, but like the Romans I guess my greatest quality is to recognise good ideas and learning how to do it. :grin:

I try to give the minifigs life in my builds, and think I've been successful so far. Thank you!