Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB2] Leaving Trador

Tags: Commercial (Again)

WTC Captain Biff walked along the pier towards the storehouse near where the WTC Aurora was docked.

36732262330_408dcc64d3_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

"You da watchman?" Asked Biff gruffly

"Why yes, my duties include sitting in front of this warehouse and watching it." Said the Eslandian watchmen elegantly

"Figured."

Biff lifted the watchman with ease, and held him over the end of the pier.

36732261890_b8aa1eaf47_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

"Gah! Why are you doing this!?!" screamed the watchman

"We be needing da stuff in your warehouse." Said Biff

Biff let go

36293571684_e6e1eaf3a1_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

"You could have bribed me you brute!" Yelled the watchman from the water

"Meh." Said Biff

He turned to his compatriots. 

"Load er up!" He yelled

37129683125_1f4661bc87_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

The WTC marines sprang forth, already carrying boxes of stuff they had acquiesced from the city. 

They entered the small warehouse, and began taking the supplies from inside.

36940610216_5de32f6c7f_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

Nothing was safe from the prying hands of the WTC. Everything not nailed down was stripped, and taken

36958537812_2bbd4f6a49_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

The WTC Aurora was quickly loaded. Built for cargo hauling, the ship had plenty of room for goods.

36732262400_c45240bc98_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

With everything loaded, they began pulling away, letting the gangplank drop into the water as they left.

36316274643_acfcaa8da7_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

And soon they were on the open sea, far from the consequences of their actions.

36958537702_0a6daac773_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

FIN

Thanks for reading the final installment of the WTC's adventures with the soccer cup. Thanks again to Maxim for hosting, it was a great idea for a challenge. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enter my minichallenge, you can find it here. 

The WTC Aurora is my newest and only ship currently. It was all I could bring to college, so It's going to see some heavy use in my stories. Yes, it's basically a slightly better version of the WTC Wolf's blood  from the ship explosion story. And also @Bodi made a way better ship just recently from the same hull, so I was a bit reticent to post it. C&C appreciated, I plan to go back to my regular characters next post.

Spoiler

Interior. Because things should have Interiors!!! @Ayrlego

36940610166_e765a39bd7_z.jpgWTC Aurora by North White, on Flickr

Edited by Mesabi

Now we can't not say the WTC team has finished this challenge empty-handed.:pir_laugh2:

Neat boat! I like how you've planted the mast down in the front, it gives you more space to store goods.

Great story as always Mesabi!

21 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Nothing was safe from the prying hands of the WTC. Everything not nailed down was stripped, and taken

I think you may have missed your calling as a Sea Rat!! :pir_tong2:

21 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Interior. Because things should have Interiors!!! @Ayrlego

I'll keep that in mind....!

Very enjoyable and amusing read as always, Mesabi. The build is a little rough around the edges, but I like the overall composition and your ability to show each step of the story with changing minifig poses and the use of props like barrels, chests, and TNT!

As to the ship, I would suggest you consider rerigging her with custom rigging. With the current placement of the mast in mind, I would suggest a sloop rig like below.

200px-Rigging-sloop-berm.svg.png

If you use string for stays and shrouds, and add a spanker sail and one or more headsails, it can really make it look nice. And paper sails can work well, so you wont need a sewing machine. The hull is rather chubby, and if you can find the bricks for it, extending those hull pieces with some brick built length could allow you to build something with more natural dimensions. Just a thought. The custom cannons look rather nice - could you show a detail pic of them? :pir-blush:

I am starting to wonder, though, what sort of organisation the WTC really is - "Trade" seems taken in its most liberal sense, at least... :pir-tongue: And I wonder if not their actions will have repercussions for the relatively newly appointed count Mesabi?.. I probably wouldn't expect official Corlander support if I were you... :pir-wink:

On 9/9/2017 at 8:22 PM, Bodi said:

Now we can't not say the WTC team has finished this challenge empty-handed.:pir_laugh2:

Neat boat! I like how you've planted the mast down in the front, it gives you more space to store goods.

Thanks! The WTC seeks business opportunities wherever we can find them.

I really like these hull pieces. They make nice little ships. Yours is a little nicer though

On 9/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, Ayrlego said:

Great story as always Mesabi!

I think you may have missed your calling as a Sea Rat!! :pir_tong2:

Thanks! Maybe I did, but I like being a part of Corrington. Redcoats for the win!

On 9/14/2017 at 4:28 AM, Bregir said:

Very enjoyable and amusing read as always, Mesabi. The build is a little rough around the edges, but I like the overall composition and your ability to show each step of the story with changing minifig poses and the use of props like barrels, chests, and TNT!

As to the ship, I would suggest you consider rerigging her with custom rigging. With the current placement of the mast in mind, I would suggest a sloop rig like below.

The custom cannons look rather nice - could you show a detail pic of them? :pir-blush:

I am starting to wonder, though, what sort of organisation the WTC really is - "Trade" seems taken in its most liberal sense, at least... :pir-tongue: And I wonder if not their actions will have repercussions for the relatively newly appointed count Mesabi?.. I probably wouldn't expect official Corlander support if I were you... :pir-wink:

Thank you! Yeah, as usual I have to say I can't polish builds right now because College! I just took the LSAT (Law school admission test)  so I'll have a little more time to polish things. Hopefully.

I do want to do custom rigging with this ship. It's just a matter of finding materials, and making the time. I'm not sure if I have the pieces for a spanker as well, so it might have to stay as is for the moment.

I'll post a picture when I get a chance. I have another custom cannon design I use as well, that I might be able to show off too.

As for the WTC, I think we'll have fun no matter what I do. And that's what counts!

Here's the Aurora's cannon design

37138350732_d245cb6da7_z.jpgAurora cannon by North White, on Flickr

I couldn't find my other type of cannon. The clip is to attach it to the ship, via a rod. 

Edited by Mesabi