DamonMM2000

Simple LEGO Pullback Car with Onboard GoPro Mount + Motorized Dolly

Hello there! After roughly four months, I have finally scrapped together time to make another LEGO video. But this time, I decided to try something different and take you behind-the-scenes of the original video. In this vlog style video, I show you how I was able to create the various shots I did with a custom LEGO GoPro mount I found online and modified to fit onboard my simple Lego pullback car. I even built a Power Functions motorized camera dolly with steering abilities to film turntable style shots.

Please watch the video and share your thoughts on my new editing style and attempt to raise production quality. I plan to begin adapting a series to this style format/editing if I get enough positive responses. Also, if you have ANY suggestions on how to make my videos better, PLEASE share them! I am always looking for ways to increase the production quality of my videos, and without feedback from viewers such as yourself, I will never know :classic:

And yes, I will get rid of that lame intro.

I think you're on a good track, a couple of suggestions:

- Avoid overusing effects and different transitions. If you check some professional videos, they very rarely use fancy transitions or coloring effects. If you'd like to use a transition then use a simple one and stick to it.

- You have too much shakycam footage in this video, sometimes it is difficult to see what you'd like to show. Try to do more steady shots, hold the camera (or phone, I'm not sure) with both hands, use a tripod, or if you would like to have stabilized shots while you move the camera then there're some simple diy stabilizers you can find online.

- Try to keep the exposure on the same level in different shots. Some shots are too dark, others are bright. I assume you use some kind of editing software, you can correct these in post.

Just my 2 cents :)

12 hours ago, DamonMM2000 said:

I am always looking for ways to increase the production quality of my videos

Have you looked at this:

On 9/9/2017 at 5:14 PM, kbalage said:

I think you're on a good track, a couple of suggestions:

- Avoid overusing effects and different transitions. If you check some professional videos, they very rarely use fancy transitions or coloring effects. If you'd like to use a transition then use a simple one and stick to it.

- You have too much shakycam footage in this video, sometimes it is difficult to see what you'd like to show. Try to do more steady shots, hold the camera (or phone, I'm not sure) with both hands, use a tripod, or if you would like to have stabilized shots while you move the camera then there're some simple diy stabilizers you can find online.

- Try to keep the exposure on the same level in different shots. Some shots are too dark, others are bright. I assume you use some kind of editing software, you can correct these in post.

Just my 2 cents :)

Thank you for the suggestions, kbalage! Based on your suggestion, I purchased a camera stabilizer. Hopefully, I'll be able to use it soon!

On 9/10/2017 at 2:59 AM, mocbuild101 said:

Have you looked at this:

No, I haven't. Thank you so much for sharing that helpful thread!

8 hours ago, DamonMM2000 said:

Thank you so much for sharing that helpful thread!

That's okay, it's just what I do on EB: I share things I know (and build), and learn stuff about what I don't. :classic: