Sign in to follow this  
Derek

New Clone Wars Movie

The movie picks up between episodes II and III, before Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader.

Ok, let's see if I have the chronology right, not being a geek for Star Wars as much as others...

Episode 1 - Ani the Bad Actor

Episode 2 - You Killed my Mommy

NEW Clone Wars CGI movie

OLD Clone Wars cartoon

Episode 3 - Thank Hades for Illegal Downloading

NEW live action series

Episode 4 - A New Hope

CBS Star Wars Holiday Special LOL

Episode 5 - Empire Kicks All Sorts of megablocks

Episode 6 - Return of the Muppets

That seems weird to me, if I have it right... going BACK in time before the original Clone Wars cartoon.

Err... wait, so does the new Clone Wars episodes fit in AFTER the new CGI movie but before the old cartoons?

(And where did "Droids" and "Ewoks" fit in?)

Ok, let's see if I have the chronology right, not being a geek for Star Wars as much as others...

NEW Clone Wars CGI movie

OLD Clone Wars cartoon

NEW live action series

Episode 4 - A New Hope

That seems weird to me, if I have it right... going BACK in time before the original Clone Wars cartoon.

Err... wait, so does the new Clone Wars episodes fit in AFTER the new CGI movie but before the old cartoons?

Close Jinzo but not quite right, here's how it's supposed to go from what i have read:

OLD Clone Wars cartoon season 1 & 2

NEW Clone Wars CGI movie

OLD Clone Wars cartoon season 3

NEW live action series

Episode 4 - A New Hope

So it seems that the new cartoon fits in between season 1,2 & 3, for anyone wondering the old clone wars series had 3 seasons and not 2.

The first 2 seasons were placed on the first dvd released and the 3rd on the second dvd, there is also some debate as to if the new cartoon slots in before season 3 or during season 3.

Lucas you sure know how to screw the time line up!!! *wacko*

Ok, now it is confusing.

What I understand ther is a new cartoon film comming.

A live series AND a CW series (cartoon) as well.

Am I wrong?

Please explain.

Ok, now it is confusing.

What I understand ther is a new cartoon film comming.

A live series AND a CW series (cartoon) as well.

Am I wrong?

Please explain.

Ok here goes:

There is a new cartoon coming out, however the first few eps of that cartoon will be put together to form a cartoon film that will be out in Aug. So the new cartoon series and film will be one and the same, hope that makes sense?

They are also planning a live action series, but that's some time away.

Ok. Then it was as I assumed partly, and still not *wacko*

Good to have gotten that straighten out.

- OLD Clone Wars cartoon season 3

- So it seems that the new cartoon fits in between season 1,2 & 3, for anyone wondering the old clone wars series had 3 seasons and not 2.

Hmmm. Never heard of a third season.

Will have to do some searching for this. I only own the 2 first once.

-Ras-

Hmmm. Never heard of a third season.

Will have to do some searching for this. I only own the 2 first once.

-Ras-

No mate you have them all, season 1 and 2 were on the first dvd.

Season 3 was on the second dvd and featured General Grevious kidnapping palpatine.

So if you have both dvds then you will have the lot *y*

NEW Clone Wars CGI movie

OLD Clone Wars cartoon

NEW live action series

Episode 4 - A New Hope

:-D That was great.... And hey, I only just learned about the Starwars Holiday special a few months ago - haven't seen a minute of it, but just from the descriptions on Wikipedia I can tell it was the greatest cheeseball television thingy since that corny Startrek episode I saw a year ago - I think it was Spock's Brain?

Oh, wait, this is about the new starwars movie. Right.... :-|

Season 3 was on the second dvd and featured General Grevious kidnapping palpatine.

WHAT?! I didn't know there was TWO seasons on that DVD! I only rented the first season... man, I sure missed out that day.... *makes note to rent second Clone Wars DVD* |-/

No mate you have them all, season 1 and 2 were on the first dvd.

So if you have both dvds then you will have the lot *y*

Yeah, thanks. Just realized that after beeing looking at your favorite site Wikipedia my Lord ;-)

Yeah, thanks. Just realized that after beeing looking at your favorite site Wikipedia my Lord ;-)

Ahhhh yes the fountain of mis-information that is wiki X-D

laugh_new.gif That was great.... And hey, I only just learned about the Starwars Holiday special a few months ago - haven't seen a minute of it, but just from the descriptions on Wikipedia I can tell it was the greatest cheeseball television thingy since that corny Startrek episode I saw a year ago - I think it was Spock's Brain?

I remember watching it on tv. I must've been like 4 or 5, but god DAMN. even then, I was tilting my head going, "What am I LOOKING at here?!?"

The only thing that caught my loving interest watching it was wanting to see more of the fighter toys that Chewbacca's son was playing with and the Boba Fett cartoon.

The rest was just plain scary and... variety crap, made for old people. It was like the Carol Burnett show... except with weird costumes.

Did I REALLY need to see Luke wearing eye shadow?

Did I REALLY need to see my favorite space warriors SINGING?

Did I REALLY need to see Chewbacca's grandfather getting off to a chick dancing around in a Virtual Reality helmet?

I was just a child! :-D

Download it. Lucas has done his best to erase all references to it, but videotapers (and now uploaders) have managed to keep safe at least an "ok" quality of it's first and only airing.

luke1.jpg

hug5.jpg

lifegang.jpg

(Ah, apparently "Droids" came some time before Episode 4.)

To be more accurate, a much cooler, much better sounding General Grievous.

What a shocker when I saw the live action one immediately after seeing the cartoon network one. :-|

I thought that if it is a movie and no TV series it will be a movie with real actors - only computer animated actors don't look very well when you look at the pics Vader posted (By the way: Thanks for them!) in comparison to the big great six movies Lucasfilm produced with mainly real actors (episode 1-6). I'm really disappointed about that!

I am curious to see if the Clone Wars is going to show the nine times Anakin save Obi because in the movie after the rescue of the chancellor Obi thanks Anakin for saving him and Anakin said it was the nine time.

Wow did anyone see the new trailer on tv, it looks really cool film, out soon (beginning of auqust)

New video up on star wars.com!

the battle of christophsis as seen in the trailers.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000657.html

WOW! That is flippin' sweet! :sweet: I'm all excited for this movie now! :wacko:

LOL! One of the clones tries to knock out a battle droid, hurts his hand, and gets shot; then Cody comes in and shows them how it's done. :tongue:

It's true though, the voice acting is kinda odd. :sceptic:

Curse my slow internet connection..I have to watch it in fits and starts. So far, I've enjoyed all the animated takes on the prequel story far more than the actual live action prequels. I hope this series and the upcoming live action series benefit from good story writers, and more to the point, good dialog writers. GL is amazing when it comes to visualizing and creating his universe, but his dialog skills leave somewwhat to be desired, as he himself has remarked, citing the nickname given him by Harrison Ford : The King of Wooden Dialog.

Some nifty droids and ships in there for TLG to make into sets.

I haven't seen it and probably won't but I might rent it when it comes out of DVD. The reviews were not very strong, with Rotten Tomato giving in a 44% approval rating, which isn't very good. As a reference, The Dark Knight got a 94% approval rating. I am not sure about Lucas going off and doing animated stuff. It almost feels like he is trying to keep Star Wars alive when it might be time for it to lie low for a while.

You know, I think that this movie is very similar to Indy 4. A lot of people go in saying "Oh, this is gonna suck! Its not the same Indy that was 25 years ago!" Well of course its not going to be! This is a new movie, a new take on the Star Wars story, and I think its a good idea that its aimed at a younger audience. That way, the SW legacy will continue for even longer. I really think that this is a smart move by Lucas and co. I've heard just as many good reviews as bad. If you go to see it, don't go in with a negative aditude about it. You will trick yourself into not liking it, which I really think is a shame.

(I just realized I started this topic and I think this is the first time I've written in here since! :laugh: )

darthperson