Sign in to follow this  
ozymandias

Pieces left in 42025 (cargo plane)

Hi,

I'm new on the forum so if I posted in wrong section please do not kill me :).

I assembled the 42025 cargo plane and I finished my model with some pieces left. I know that there are always more pieces than needed but in this case there are 4 cross axles not used. They are all of different length (5M, 6M, 7M, 8M). I double checked model and instructions but all required pieces are at the right place.

Is there someone that can give me some explanation?

Thanks!

Nope, this is the exact place for your question. If you are sure that the model is 100% complete, then congratulations, it's your lucky day! You have several larger-than-usual extra parts! This happens from time-to-time, as even the robots Lego uses to pack their parts can mess up. For example, I once received an extra 5x7 light bluish gray frame! Someone mentioned getting an extra Claas Xerion tire in their set as well...

By the way, welcome to EuroBricks!

I don't think it is a robot failure, in fact I think it was intentional from TLG's side. I also had the same axles remaining after building it, and rebrickable.com also states the same spare parts. The reason for it, I am not sure of. The B-model did not use these spare axles either (if I remember correctly), so that's not the explanation.

It is not unusual that there are spare parts in your set. Problem is when parts are missing. As @Erik Leppen pointed out bricklink is very reliable source for that kind of information. You did the right thing to post your question here.

Wellcome to Eurobricks

Thank friends!

I didn't know about the bricklink inventory. Now I can move to next model. I'm looking for Combine Harvest but price is very high.

Actually, just a thought - could the extra parts be needed for the B-model? Extras of small parts are very common (1x1 plates, 2L axles or pins, that kind of thing), but I've never had extras of any larger parts.

Regarding the harvester - instead of buying the set, have you considered buying only the pieces, through something like brick link? There's also Lego "Bricks and Pieces"/Customer service for rare parts which are still in production.  Swap some rare or out of production parts for cheaper alternatives, you might make quite a savings.

1 hour ago, NathanR said:

Actually, just a thought - could the extra parts be needed for the B-model? Extras of small parts are very common (1x1 plates, 2L axles or pins, that kind of thing), but I've never had extras of any larger parts.

I can't see that this is the reason. According to rebrickable.com, the B model uses same amount or less of these axles (5L-8L).

Edited by kolbjha

25 minutes ago, andrei117 said:

Maybe they're used in the B-Model

It was said in many earlier posts that the b model does not use them.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, Erik Leppen said:

This is a strange set of spares, but it seems @kolbjha is correct. If you check the set's Bricklink inventory, https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=42025-1, and see the Extra parts at the bottom, it mentions the same four axles.

On 8/5/2017 at 5:44 AM, kolbjha said:

I can't see that this is the reason. According to rebrickable.com, the B model uses same amount or less of these axles (5L-8L).

These show that, but a good thought.