jansued

GBW -CP3 CoST - RON Part B2: So Long, and thanks for all the fish!

Mobilitiy. Nothing tops mobilitiy on a battleground. When threats pop up on the field of battle, nothing can turn the tide quite like fresh faces willing to stop the enemy. After COAC troops took parts of the capital city and a small fishery port they thought their seaside flank is safe because of the that big lake with the rough shore. What a mistake....

Using an old bunker, only a small number of COAC troops were present in the port. So Military Command decided to start the Operation "Heart of Gold" in which a small Naval force would counterattack the COAC at a place where they never would suspect it. The first idea was to use the LCAC after returning from the Search&Rescue Mission but it soon was clear that it was too big and loud. Then a LCU (Landing Craft, Utility) from the Amphibious Assault Ship "Iron Storm" at Southern Coast of  Studica was dispatched. It went on the River Innerste through Toohati and Briolui.

36124062932_afcc508fa4_c.jpgIMG_9654 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

To weaken the target the FREMM "The Wiwaxia" fired a missile to destroy the bunker. The second one is milliseconds away from retiring.

35457329884_70c7aa2430_c.jpgIMG_9670 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Then the LCU entered the port and released a MUTT 1.1 and troops.

35897294650_0fee7df9a4_c.jpgP7310123 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

36124072452_3569fc56ae_c.jpgIMG_9649 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

35485502003_0713668866_c.jpgIMG_9647 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

The Commander aims the MUTT and the Turret of the LCU with his BattlePad. If needed, he will request more Naval Support or Artillery runs.

35457355214_cfc06b628a_c.jpgIMG_9641 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

The remaining defense was quickly neutralized and now the flank was wide open for further counter attacks. The morale of those troops was somehow low....

36250158036_8294df3bd6_c.jpgP7310128 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

So at least, Operation "Heart of Gold", the totally unexpected attack on the flank of the enemy was no real challenge. But we now have a variety of fine seafood and the opportinity to strike fer into the hearts of our enemies. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

35485501283_a216e3d586_c.jpgIMG_9651 by

Edited by jansued

I see a lot of interesting details. The missile looks excellent, the train tracks are very well too (what parts did you use?). The machine gun mini tank and the LCU look nice also.

Oh! Amazing Douglas Adams (RIP) !!! Fantastic details (the poor  soldier who pissed on him), the swamp monster . And of course the vechicles and the flying missile!!! Congratulations!

Edited by paintballman

Great build as usual !

I am happy to see where my shots hit ! Well, I Never doubt of our RON Command Coordinates but it still something to see the damages such cruise missiles can deal !

I hope the COAC were 42 men to surrender... :grin:

Great job !

You’ve been awarded (9) points.

Judges’ comments…

I saw Dunkirk a few days before you posted this and it just made me think of that so much. Another great build Sir! I sat for a bit inspecting everything to try and pickup all of your little details. There was quite a bit. Great Job.

WHOA! Lots of action going on in this scene. Shoreside details are overflowing. Between the soldiers, the attack, and all of the supplies/stock on the pier, I almost overlooked the Crreature from the Black Lagoon! Great job with your teammate's inbound missle. The landing craft is well done, simple yet effective. It would look as if the team has already fallen back from their original coastal bunker, and judging by the hardware they have, not much is going to be able to take down that motorized gun drone. Good presentation, well lit and clean. Thank you, I enjoyed this build.

I really like what you did with this. It certainly went in an unexpected direction, which is a good thing. I Great job with the details, such as the quay and the train tracks. These are all really well done. I also really like the landing craft. Simple, but with some excellent details, such as the netting and tanks behind the bridge. Adding the splashes to the water was simply icing on the cake. The destroyed part of the bunker looks well done, and I would love to see a better picture of that. My main complaint is that the waves in the water seem to be perpendicular to the shore. I’m more used to seeing the waves parallel to the shore. A minor point, and one that didn’t hurt your score.

Thanks for playing!

Thank you, Gentleman.

You are totally right about the waves. It was just easier this way and I had not time left...