Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

Oh, no! (Yet) Another meeting!!!

Dear King Kahuna, bravest of the island (where Astrapi is located)! On behalf of the most serene, fabulous, modest, richest, kindest... blah blah blah... (that's what King Kahuna was listening by now)... we are here to make a statement! We know that you know someone who actually knows where the elusive Artifact of Zeus is hidden! So be a good boy, play nice and do tell us where the &#@$%^ artifact is! We do need it to blackmail our Zeus brothers for some nefarious purposes but that is of no concern to you... So what do you say?

35030617736_cddf044c30_c.jpgThe meeting II 

34906310102_edc7128fcb_c.jpgThe meeting V 

35030604186_a3e23f4f53_c.jpgChief of the Village (People) 

And the full build,

34683100110_05ed0e8edb_c.jpgFull view 

Another meeting? Are the bluecoats nothing but bureaucrats? :wacko:

By the looks of that 6-pack, I think King Kahuna has been working out! :pir-grin:

Nice little jungle MOC with some good details (like the torches and the native in Oleon uniform). :thumbup: 

But the Oleon approach to platitudes and negotiation might need a little work. :wink:

(Did I use enough emojis?)

WHAT DID HE SAY???  Don't you know we're all dying to find out? :grin: 

:laugh: Very funny story and nice build, Blackdeathgr, great job capturing the jungle feel, and neat use of those NINJAGO swords :thumbup:  One of my favorite details is that pole with the fish being carried by the native - might have to steal borrow that sometime! :pir-grin:

Nice scene BD! I like these palm trees and these sceptres with skulls and axes.

Who's this mysterious hood man? He has an emerald, maybe I could find some clue in Oleander archives.:grin: Also, I'm glad to see our brave mousquetaires are implied in this nefarious affair are there to defend the honour of the King.:pir_laugh2:

23 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Another meeting? Are the bluecoats nothing but bureaucrats? :wacko:

By the looks of that 6-pack, I think King Kahuna has been working out! :pir-grin:

Nice little jungle MOC with some good details (like the torches and the native in Oleon uniform). :thumbup: 

But the Oleon approach to platitudes and negotiation might need a little work. :wink:

(Did I use enough emojis?)

Thanks Cpt Wolf!

King Kahuna is covered in paint, thus that fabulous 6 pack of his! To be honest the torches were a last minute addition and the native recruited bluecoat was an idea that someone in BoBS has already implemented (I believe it was of Corrish heritage)

And don't worry, your amount of emojis is plenty enough :tongue:

19 hours ago, Garmadon said:

WHAT DID HE SAY???  Don't you know we're all dying to find out? :grin: 

:laugh: Very funny story and nice build, Blackdeathgr, great job capturing the jungle feel, and neat use of those NINJAGO swords :thumbup:  One of my favorite details is that pole with the fish being carried by the native - might have to steal borrow that sometime! :pir-grin:

Well, I am not G.R.R. Martin but I DO want to make a series out of the whole story :tongue:. Regarding the fish-pole thing, I initially wanted to make that out of rope but things didn't work out the way I wanted so I gave that design a try. Feel free to borrow anything!

19 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice scene BD! I like these palm trees and these sceptres with skulls and axes.

Who's this mysterious hood man? He has an emerald, maybe I could find some clue in Oleander archives.:grin: Also, I'm glad to see our brave mousquetaires are implied in this nefarious affair are there to defend the honour of the King.:pir_laugh2:

Thanks Bodi! Hint, Hint! Ask your local Hades enclave for more info on the black hooded priest!! These mousquetaires are a detachment that guards the priesthood of Oleon (although their uniforms are way too fancy for Hades branch I think...)

Great build and good story. I'm glad to see the Zeus artifact story develop. :kahuka:
I am liking the use of Ninjago sword handles for islanders.  I'll have to keep that in mind for future builds. :thumbup:   
Although, I would have removed the 1X1 round tiles.  Maybe add elemental Lego Elves tiles. :grin:

Just now, Phred said:

Great build and good story. I'm glad to see the Zeus artifact story develop. :kahuka:
I am liking the use of Ninjago sword handles for islanders.  I'll have to keep that in mind for future builds. :thumbup:   
Although, I would have removed the 1X1 round tiles.  Maybe add elemental Lego Elves tiles. :grin:

Thanks Phred! Yeah, some LUGmates told me the same. That those 1x1 round ninjago faces look waaay too ugly. To tell you the truth, you are all right :tongue: