That's probably why they do delete any personal data on request.
The thing with forums is that every thread is built from discussion between people. Deleting accounts of previously active members would put massive holes in such threads, making them hard to follow. While you may not have posted a lot, I think they had to set a general policy on the matter. Just look at Reddit for example, older threads there can be hard to follow with deleted posts and accounts in them, and people responding to questions you can no longer see.

2 hours ago, Heronicle said:

This is quite interesting that you don't delete accounts. I thought that it is always possible due to GDPR, especially in Eurobricks forum. 🤔

The GDPR is made to protect Personal Data, whereas accounts here are anonymous.

1 minute ago, Black Falcon said:

The GDPR is made to protect Personal Data, whereas accounts here are anonymous.

Exactly. That’s why we delete personal data from accounts but not the account itself :thumbup:

1 hour ago, JesseNight said:

The thing with forums is that every thread is built from discussion between people. Deleting accounts of previously active members would put massive holes in such threads, making them hard to follow. While you may not have posted a lot, I think they had to set a general policy on the matter. Just look at Reddit for example, older threads there can be hard to follow with deleted posts and accounts in them, and people responding to questions you can no longer see.

Exactly this. I was in an other forum, where they deleted accounts and the posts just stated deleted user then - so it was hard to follow the discussion when there are actually several deleted accounts in there because you couldn´t tell if it is the same person replying or someone else.

1 hour ago, JesseNight said:

This :thumbup:

Posted (edited)

Disregard - noticed post I was responding to was ancient.

Edited by Lego Tom

On 3/1/2024 at 10:34 PM, Jim said:

Exactly. That’s why we delete personal data from accounts but not the account itself :thumbup:

Thank you all for clarification. I didn't think about that in this way. I have seen that my nickname was changed, for which I am thankful. If I could have a final teeny weeny request, is it possible to delete "heronicle" and leave only "deleted" part in my nickname or if it is not possible due to the existence of similar nickname, change it into e.g. "deleted123"?

7 hours ago, Heronicle (deleted) said:

Thank you all for clarification. I didn't think about that in this way. I have seen that my nickname was changed, for which I am thankful. If I could have a final teeny weeny request, is it possible to delete "heronicle" and leave only "deleted" part in my nickname or if it is not possible due to the existence of similar nickname, change it into e.g. "deleted123"?

Uhmmm how are you still able to post?! I changed/deleted your email address?! That’s weird.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Uhmmm how are you still able to post?! I changed/deleted your email address?! That’s weird.

I think as long as the account exists, that remains possible unless the account is set to inactive (and therefore cannot reactivated due to no email address).

47 minutes ago, JesseNight said:

I think as long as the account exists, that remains possible unless the account is set to inactive (and therefore cannot reactivated due to no email address).

Indeed. He was probably still logged in.

I made a quote I didn't make ?? What the heck. 

It would seem someone is writing for me...........any ideas ? Or do I send that to admin asap ? 

37 minutes ago, 2ndgen said:

I made a quote I didn't make ?? What the heck. 

It would seem someone is writing for me...........any ideas ? Or do I send that to admin asap ? 

How can I be sure you wrote this message?!?! :tongue:

Just kidding of course.

Do you have link to what you are referring to?

18 hours ago, Jim said:

How can I be sure you wrote this message?!?! :tongue:

Just kidding of course.

Do you have link to what you are referring to?

So the what seems to be an add for assignments. I have no idea what that Is.  

37 minutes ago, 2ndgen said:

So the what seems to be an add for assignments. I have no idea what that Is.  

So you didn't create the post with the book?

Have you changed your EB password in the meantime? Because it seems someone got your credentials and created the topic.

11 hours ago, Jim said:

So you didn't create the post with the book?

Have you changed your EB password in the meantime? Because it seems someone got your credentials and created the topic.

No I did but the quoted reply says a bunch of stuff about am assignment. This is what I didn't write 

5 hours ago, 2ndgen said:

No I did but the quoted reply says a bunch of stuff about am assignment. This is what I didn't write 

Hmmm that is weird indeed.

I will remove the assignment part from the quote.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Hmmm that is weird indeed.

I will remove the assignment part from the quote.

Thank you. I have never ever used or heard of that website......