Sign in to follow this  
TheGeneralMoe

[MOC] [MOD] 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer

Hello Eurobricks!

This is my first post, so i figured the best way to start is to display my Imperial Star Destroyer. I based it off set 6211, basically making it more detailed, and building a second top panel to place on the bottom to get the movie accurate shape. I view its as a sort of UCS set for those who can't afford the actual UCS Star Destroyer. 

There is not interior features, due to the demanding structure of the ship.

Lego Star DestroyerLego Star Destroyer: Side view

I tried to get the engine to be mostly movie accurate:

Lego Star Destroyer: Engine viewLego Star Destroyer: UndersideLego Star Destroyer: HangerLego Star Destroyer: Top View

Enjoy!

Set 75055 is a nice set, very stable, though due to how the panels are joined, i assume a mod this this one would be quite difficult.

Hello!

This is a fantastic mod, the greebling and detailing is on point! I believe that the long dark gray strip on the tower could do with some greebling or detailing, as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the model.

Also, you should post some pictures of the frame, I am interested as to how you did the bottom hull. 

Kind regards, Ellis.

7 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

I am about to either buy a 75055 or 6211. Do you have a guide/parts list to do this? I really love it.

If it had an interior it would be 10/10

I don't have a part list, but i do have the building process that gives an overview of each stage.

Wow, that is very impressive - kind of like an affordable UCS model!

I too would be very interested to see the interior frame.  If you could post some build photos that would be awesome - I love a reverse-engineering challenge!

17 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello!

This is a fantastic mod, the greebling and detailing is on point! I believe that the long dark gray strip on the tower could do with some greebling or detailing, as it doesn't fit in with the rest of the model.

Also, you should post some pictures of the frame, I am interested as to how you did the bottom hull. 

Kind regards, Ellis.

Star Destroyer Building Process 1Star Destroyer Building ProcessStar Destroyer Building ProcessStar Destroyer Building ProcessStar Destroyer Building ProcessStar Destroyer Building ProcessStar Destroyer Building ProcesStar Destroyer Building ProcesStar Destroyer Building ProcesStar Destroyer Building Proces

Thank you for showing the interior, this really is a mini UCS Star Destroyer; I'm pleased you didn't use magnets! Also I think the bridge is possibly too tall. 

2 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Thank you for showing the interior, this really is a mini UCS Star Destroyer; I'm pleased you didn't use magnets! Also I think the bridge is possibly too tall. 

Thanks! Funny thing is, i did use magnets. I used train bumpers near the rear. A necessary evil, their clutch isn't that strong, but they hold the heavier and larger rear end in place. If you build something like this, i recommend an alternative, such as biconical ball joints or chain pieces on a level hook.

34 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Any chanche you can build this in LDD? 

Sorry, unfortunately i can't at the moment. I haven't used LDD, and when i built the model it involved a large amount of modification that i lost track of. The best i can do is suggest you look at the original instructions for 6211. As you can see from my (Very low quality) images i built a support "cross" in the larger segments to support the stand, and replicated the bottom panels by following the instructions for the top ones, but modding them for a hangar space. A lot of the inside is messy, but if you want more detailed pics of the construct, let me know! 

On 29/4/2017 at 1:53 PM, TheGeneralMoe said:

Sorry, unfortunately i can't at the moment. I haven't used LDD, and when i built the model it involved a large amount of modification that i lost track of. The best i can do is suggest you look at the original instructions for 6211. As you can see from my (Very low quality) images i built a support "cross" in the larger segments to support the stand, and replicated the bottom panels by following the instructions for the top ones, but modding them for a hangar space. A lot of the inside is messy, but if you want more detailed pics of the construct, let me know! 

Yes please! If you could post or email me any more pictures it would be awesome!

41 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Yes please! If you could post or email me any more pictures it would be awesome!

Sure thing! I will try and get some images up some time this week!