hachiroku

[MOC] Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Brilliant. Spot on, especially the rear. But those work really well as headlights.

Good job. I suck at building cars.

Built this a couple of days ago - very nice build. The roof attachment is a little weak, but it's a small price to pay for something that looks so cool! I'm waiting on parts to build a white and blue version - a classic Mustang colour-combination! After that, I'm very tempted to build a few different colour variants - Red and white, Dark Red and White, Black and White. Excellent stuff!

Thanks everyone!

52 minutes ago, Obi1by1 said:

Built this a couple of days ago - very nice build. The roof attachment is a little weak, but it's a small price to pay for something that looks so cool! I'm waiting on parts to build a white and blue version - a classic Mustang colour-combination! After that, I'm very tempted to build a few different colour variants - Red and white, Dark Red and White, Black and White. Excellent stuff!

I want to do that too. I was going to do one in white with a dark blue strip and a roof like this one:

1964-Ford-Mustang-Worlds-Fair-advertisin

Yes, I have most of a white one built, hachiroku, and I can tell you that it looks good - your design is excellent. I really want to build a black one too, but I have to order some parts before I can make a real start on it. I'm afraid that you've started me down the path of Speed Champions-style car builds, which I'm beginning to realize require a LOT of small parts - 1x1 plates, 1x2 plates, 1x4 plates, lots tiles of various sizes, a LOT of brackets, and lots of small slopes. At least most of the bricklink orders I make will be pretty compact!