This is a redesigned, custom version of Creator Beetle (10252), which I've wanted to do since it came out.   A lot of people complained, saying the Lego model looked more like a Citroen 2CV.  I personally think it's a great model, with all its details.  I have nothing against it.  That said, I do think the shaping could look more a little more like the real thing and I wanted to give it a shot.  It's quite the challenge, with all its curves.  There are only so many dark azure pieces to work with.  I figured lowering it as much as possible would also add to that difficulty (not to mention it's hilarious).  It took a lot of time and figuring out, but this is the result, which I'm mostly happy with, considering what I had to work with, the goal, and the comically large new fender pieces.   All chrome is original Lego, except the wheels.  They're real Lego wheels, chromed by another company (randomly found browsing Bricklink one day).  The 8-ball shifter knob is from Killer Croc Tail-Gator (70907), the shifter stick from Frightening Knight (CMF s15), the tinted windshielf from Mini Cooper (10242), and the "love" tile on the dash is from the Yellow Submarine (21306).  These pieces are unique to those sets and relatively recently produced for the first time, along with many of the Beetle's dark azure parts.  Meaning this car couldn't have been built at all a couple years ago.

13.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

10.jpg

06.jpg

01.jpg

07.jpg

05.jpg