Sign in to follow this  
Mechbuilds

Need help with mech shoulders.

I'm currently building a larger sized mech. I have acquired 3 turntables.
99009a_3469_1.jpg

Now these two next images are spoilers for my upcoming mech build. So if you don't want to spoil the surprise of seeing the finished thing first, don't open these. But if you need to see the scale of reference for the shoulder then check them out.

Spoiler

IMG_20170407_213644_zpstadxvhwd.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20170407_213658_zpsd8py8yin.jpg

And here is the shoulder i'm using:

IMG_20170406_181911_zpsbjy92eg5.jpg

I'm using a blue stud/axle pin to create friction so the shoulder doesn't just plop down from the weight of the gun turret i'm attaching to it. 
But my question is. How do i make this turntable into a fully functional shoulder for a mech? How do i attach it to a gun so it can also turn sideways. 
Only thing that is finished are the legs so since this is a WIP the upper half of the whole torso will be subject to change. 
I'm using Hero factory IFB cockpit + pilot in this since it is very effective and easier to build around. 

Any tips? Should i use balljoints or technic pieces? I haven't decided what type of guns i'm attaching for the arms. But there will be lots of missiles at the back. And lasers in the front torso around the cockpit. 

I think i accidentally posted to the wrong section.. OOPS!

Edited by Stash2Sixx
No problem, I moved it to Sci-Fi. Hope this helps!

Ehh.. I'm kinda stuck with this moc.. I just don't know how to continue. I'm just building and disassembling the top half of the torso and i just can't make it work.. 

Hard to give an advice other than: never give up! There is always a way to find a solution, can be an option to use other parts.:wink:

I recommend to use LDD for braintorming.

These turntables can't be made into a smaller or medium scale shoulders.. Only very big. There is no way to attach them in CCBS because it'll either look too bulky or too thin. Was a good experiment though.