Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[Merrynight] Fir Tree Plantation near Montario

31608237020_48917be576_c.jpg

Marijn Aiden Matheesen. You should remember this young man's name. Because soon he might be among the richest men on Nellisa.

Aiden, his middle name which his friends use, came to the colonies at the age of 16, looking for his fortune. He had boarded a ship in the
old world, and when he finally arrived in Nova Terreli he was amazed by the city's sheer beauty. But he didn't take long to start looking for
opportunities. He had had enough money left to survive for a few weeks without working. So he took his time and searched for the things
the people on Nellisa really needed.

31172493063_afc0771f9d_z.jpg

It was around merrynight, and he started wondering why people made such an effort about recreating fir-trees in the most obscure ways.
He soon found out that these didn't grow on the island of Nellisa naturally. And so his idea was born: Plant them on Nellisa, and sell them.
All he needed was a business partner for his venture.

He soon found the Fontonajo family, and managed to convince Juan Alfonso, the heir of the family, to assist him. Aiden was a bit sceptical
when Juan took him out of Nova Terreli to a place which he called "Montario" - which four years ago only existed in theory and by the first
construction workers arriving. However Aiden trusted Juan Alfonso Fontonajo, that this was the best spot on the island to start his fir tree
plantation. His trust was proven right.

31865203621_acafab2f7a_z.jpg

Fontonajo ordered enough fir tree seeds, provided the tools, some wood, and a small hut for Aiden to sleep and live in. And food and clothes
and all the young man needed to survive the the next four years. With dedication Marijn Aiden Matheesen, who knew little of plants or being
a gardener, grew his fir trees on Nellisa. While not all prospered, most did.

This year the first three fir trees that were grown on the island of Nellisa itself were sold at the massive price of 60 Dubloons each (Fontonajo
had suggested to limit the amount, and was once again right about it). More than enough to buy some houses in Nova Terreli, even after
paying Fontonajo his share in the profits (because that's Fontonajo's approach: A big investment at the start, with a share in profits for many
years). Aiden already knew that he would reinvest most of his profits in his plantation: Expand the size, hire some workers, plant even more
fir trees. And become richer. And maybe one day be able to fund young entrepreneurs himself.

31833813872_0ea805ae00_z.jpg

Very nice small plantation Elostirion, the trees in various stages of growth look good and so does the little palm-leaf-covered lean-to! :thumbup: 

47 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Is that a mexican-style scare crow or a visitor?

The cycle of life in the Eslandolan colonies: Arrive, find riches, get bored, become weird. He is just an excentric (and damn rich) owner of ranches on Nellisa who likes to clad himself... differently. And who is willing to spend 60 DBs to be among the first three to get an island-grown fir tree on Nellisa.

Edited by Elostirion

On 30.12.2016 at 9:52 PM, Elostirion said:

The cycle of life in the Eslandolan colonies: Arrive, find riches, get bored, become weird.

Brilliant - that might give me a new storyline for 2017 :laugh:

On 30-12-2016 at 9:52 PM, Elostirion said:

The cycle of life in the Eslandolan colonies: Arrive, find riches, get bored, become weird. He is just an excentric (and damn rich) owner of ranches on Nellisa who likes to clad himself... differently. And who is willing to spend 60 DBs to be among the first three to get an island-grown fir tree on Nellisa.

:laugh: Mind if I put that in my signature?

Great build, the trees are really cool :thumbup: 

Something about the palm tree roof on the sales shed of a fir tree lot cracks me up!

I like the detail of a couple of cut stumps among the young trees. Well done. :thumbup:

On 1/1/2017 at 5:11 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Brilliant - that might give me a new storyline for 2017 :laugh:

Like you needed more ideas?!  :pir-oh:

But I can't wait... :pir-grin:

12 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Something about the palm tree roof on the sales shed of a fir tree lot cracks me up!

That was the point of it. There had to be something disturbing in that MOC, to make it original to Nellisa.

After all the Eslandolans are still intruders to the colonies and change the nature of things.