Sign in to follow this  
Tariq j

[SoNE Ep. XIII] Tatooine -

The City of Benlem on Tatooine was the sort of place you could walk through without noticing. It was fairly bland, generic and most importantly, it had no security. Unlike Courscant there were no X-Rays, scanners, cameras, or anything of the sort. The rule here was simple: you take off or you land. End of Story. The security was so bad a rebel scum could've landed here and built a base and the residents would still go on with there day to day lives without batting an eye. And that's what made it the perfect place for a criminal, or specifically, The Black Sun.

The mission was simple: Eliminate any members.

de.jpg

ko.jpg

I had two Deathroopers watching my back, even if the whole population of Tatooine had been here, I still would have known who it was.

ju.jpg

I raised my blaster hoping he would stay he was, It was vital that as soon as he was dead we ran. We had heard the rebels had come scouting for Black Sun members too,and this was not he ideal place to meet them.

vf.jpg

Then I fired, it was over immediately, and from the looks of things we hadn't attracted too much attention. 

I felt sorry for the man, but then, how many of my friends had died in battle? 

bg.jpg

Thank you for reading! C and C welcome.

I like the moc, has a good desert vibe to it. Some very nice detailing on the rooftops and with the angled crate full of stuff. Though having someone near it might make it more real feeling, like it was someone selling their wares. Good use of the dark tan to break things up some. A couple things:

1) The photos are kind of hazy and it makes it hard to see things, especially some of the detailing.

2) You apparently need a bigger light box :laugh:

3) For the pic when the target is killed you should have moved some of the other people around too. Even if folks are used to violence in the streets, there would be some amount of reaction, even just to gawk. Since the body is already on the ground that would have given enough time for people to react. Lends a bit more realism.

Nice work! I like how the build works as depicting a busy corner of Tatooine. The colors and buildings work well and there are just enough people/droids to make it feel alive. Too bad we only see the victim from behind and never get to see a full frontal shot, but stuff like this tends to happen and you only ever notice it afterwards when it's too late. :rofl:

The ladder part on the platform seems a bit unfortunate, I can't tell if it is intentional or not. Maybe you would like to have the platform a little higher or lower so that the ladders better fit the height. Other than that, I think it's a nice little scene!

On 01/12/2016 at 9:43 PM, Kodan Black said:

I like the moc, has a good desert vibe to it. Some very nice detailing on the rooftops and with the angled crate full of stuff. Though having someone near it might make it more real feeling, like it was someone selling their wares. Good use of the dark tan to break things up some. A couple things:

1) The photos are kind of hazy and it makes it hard to see things, especially some of the detailing.

2) You apparently need a bigger light box :laugh:

3) For the pic when the target is killed you should have moved some of the other people around too. Even if folks are used to violence in the streets, there would be some amount of reaction, even just to gawk. Since the body is already on the ground that would have given enough time for people to react. Lends a bit more realism.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah the light box is in definite need of an upgrade :grin:. I also wasn't happy the way the pics turned out, I think the fact I enlarged didn't help either :laugh:

3 hours ago, Cody Startale said:

Nice work! I like how the build works as depicting a busy corner of Tatooine. The colors and buildings work well and there are just enough people/droids to make it feel alive. Too bad we only see the victim from behind and never get to see a full frontal shot, but stuff like this tends to happen and you only ever notice it afterwards when it's too late. :rofl:

The ladder part on the platform seems a bit unfortunate, I can't tell if it is intentional or not. Maybe you would like to have the platform a little higher or lower so that the ladders better fit the height. Other than that, I think it's a nice little scene!

Thanks for the feedback, the ladder was a bit of a mistake on my part, I think when I went to take the picture of the victim, the camera nudged the ladder - continuity error at its finest :grin:

I like the different heights of the buildings and the greebling on the landing platform.

Adding a bit more to the walls of the buildings would be an improvement, it's especially obvious in the last picture.

The ladders look a bit wonky indeed, but we've all been there :D