Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[OL - FB] Work in Paradise

Hey there,

just a quick dream of a warmer place in November...

Work in Paradise

31229539861_41b8d71114_c.jpg

31200396192_6dc079cd5a_c.jpg

After having successfully taken mineral samples from different locations of the island, the Oleander expedition is participating in the peculiar wave riding ritual of the natives on Île d'Or - for the sake of a better cultural understanding.

This will be licensed as a prospecting scene. I just didn't feel like doing the standard digging-a-hole MOC, so I interpreted bits of the info about Île d'Or and used that.

Spoiler

Island #23
Nickname: The Crown
Geographical Features: This island's coasts are white sand, and the surrounding sea is deep, but a small ridge of coral does exist to the west. The natives of this island dive for pearls in the reef ridge, where they also cast nets for fish. The Island's soil is rocky, and not great for crop growing.
Rumors: It is rumoured that there may be gold on this island. It is also suspected that the natives of this island are related to those from the glimmering archipelago.

Not much more to say about it, hope you enjoy it anyway :classic:

C&C welcome

Vive le Roi!

Warmer November!?!  It was something like 93 degrees here yesterday! :pir-grin:

That aside, those waves look fabulous!  Pretty interesting how you did both rightsideup and upsidedown leaves on the same stem... I'm not quite sure how well it works though!

I would have asked: where are your minions? But I spotted one in Trador

:laugh:

Very amazing job on the waves!!!

Not sure if the palm tree can handle the weight of the monkey though...

Very interesting wave technique, Kolonialbeamter!

The sand and thin palm trees are great as well!  I particularly like the inclusion of the trans-invisible 1x1 round tiles to show the water washing onto the beach.

That water is similar to part of something I am working on that I hope to be able to post in BoBS, though I am still a long way from finished.  Some sort of ship SHIP... though it would be boastful to claim much at this point, as my ideas are not yet proven.  I will have to leave you all waiting at that.  I am glad for verification of the water technique before I am done building!

How you do all of this in LDD still boggles my mind!