Sign in to follow this  
Zarkan

Super Smash Brothers

Why is there a Pictochat 2 level....Pictochat isn't used anymore! Maybe it's Swapnote?

Simply because the first Pictochat level was Smashtastic! :D

I have updated my previous post with more info.

Apparently we also have the starting roster, and similar to Brawl (besides a character or two), every character that has been announced on the official Smash Bros. Website is in the starting roster.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Palutena, Marth, Ike, The Robins, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Little Mac, Fox, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Captain Falcon, Villager, Olimar/Alph, Wii Fit Trainers, Shulk, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Sonic.

wy7wg8u.jpg

Which leaves the following as unlockable characters:

Bowser Jr., Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Falco, Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Ness, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina.

EDIT/UPDATE: Previous post includes images of Alph and Fierce Deity Link.

Edited by Penkid11

(Been a while since my previous post)

We have our Final Roster! All I have to say is...

Dark Pit!!! Leak Confirmed.

smashfullroster.jpg

Other confirmations:

Bowser Jr. has the Koopalings as alternate colors

Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are clones

Edited by Penkid11

Been a while since we've had a healthy leak report.

This one is a doozy!

Now why would I point his leak out specifically, you ask? Well...

Tonight's Pic of the Day everyone!

For those who don't know, this stage, called "Gamer," is based off of 9-Volt's minigame in Game & Wario.

Edited by Penkid11

(I feel a bit bad for a third post without any discussion. There have been several weeks of time between them, though.)

Today's the big day!

I picked my copy of the game at midnight and I LOVE IT!

Has anyone found any new characters that they like?

Dark Pit is my new favorite. Maybe even my new main. We'll just have to wait and see...

Also the main website is being updated slowly with the hidden characters! Be warned!

Edited by Penkid11

I wish I was getting it but I'm gonna hold out until the WiiU version. I've been playing earthbound lately and have never played as Ness in brawl so I'm kinda thinkin' he'll be my new main. Or maybe Charizard/Greninja. I'm interested to see how they play. That or Bowser Jr, as his Iggy variant! Also Villager from AC!! I played as him in the demo and he's really fun!

Edited by Ultron

I've been playing the demo quite a bit. Villager is one of the most powerful and versatile characters the series has seen. Mega Man, on the other hand, gets trashed pretty easily.

The launch mechanics seem to be somewhat more forgiving than Brawl; getting hit by a hammer is no longer a guaranteed KO, and the same holds true for a number of moves and items. On the other hand, items are swingier than ever; the Home Run Bat in particular seems to have a greatly reduced windup, and unlike most sources of launch the force of exploding boxes and capsules has been DRAMATICALLY increased--if you accidentally blow up a capsule in your own face at 50% or above, you're pretty much gone.

The speed feels like a happy medium between Melee and Brawl--it's not the impossible (for me, anyway :tongue: ) that was Melee, but it's not the slow, delay - heavy Brawl, either. One thing's for sure, though--it's SUPER addictive. :thumbup:

(I feel a bit bad for a third post without any discussion. There have been several weeks of time between them, though.)

Today's the big day!

I picked my copy of the game at midnight and I LOVE IT!

Has anyone found any new characters that they like?

Dark Pit is my new favorite. Maybe even my new main. We'll just have to wait and see...

Also the main website is being updated slowly with the hidden characters! Be warned!

Ew, he's your fav? :grin:

Been playing Friday and all weekend, already got all the characters (yesterday). BJR is SO fun!

Ew, he's your fav? :grin:

Been playing Friday and all weekend, already got all the characters (yesterday). BJR is SO fun!

Yes. And proud of it.

I've been maining Pit all the way through Brawl's lifespan. Now he has a much cooler clone, that was also my absolute favorite character in Kid Icarus Uprising. Why wouldn't I? :tongue:

Still have to earn R.O.B.

I agree Bowser Jr. is incredibly fun to play.

Can I also point out how adorable Jigglypuff looks with her smaller eyes? So cute!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U release dates announced!

From Miiverse:

"Release dates for the Wii U version have been announced! Along with the first amiibo lineup, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released on November 21st in the Americas. In Europe, amiibo will be released on November 28th, while Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will launch on December 5th. In Oceania, amiibo will be released on November 29th, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will launch on December 6th. For more details, check out the official website at www.smashbros.com."

What's going on here exactly? :tongue:

NA gets the game first, Europe gets it second, then Japan and Oceania get it last? Since when has that been a thing? :grin:

Edited by Lego Spy

NA gets the game first, Europe gets it second, then Japan and Oceania get it last? Since when has that been a thing? :grin:

Now. And it's been a long time coming! WOO!

Really happy to see Captain Falcon on the next wave of Amiibo.

I'm really jealous of the white Smash Gamecube Remote coming out in Japan... I want one.

Here's a little rumor that may turn quite interesting.

Just in case:

Typical Sakurai humor on the supposed Ridley Trailer.

Now for the juicy bits. :tongue:

Bandana Dee would be an awesome fighter. I was really curious how they could handle a Final Smash for him. Landia (the four headed orange dragon from Kirby's Return to Dreamland) is a perfect idea.

As for the "Kirby-sized levitating blue creature with horns"

MAGOLOR!!! Now that is a fan favorite that would work amazingly in Smash!

I hope these rumors in particular are real. They seem so plausible. However, the grain of salt... it has been taken.

What's interesting is that it coincides, for the most part, with the Tower of Smash leak as well.

so yeah mewtwo and eight players

Eight players seems excessive for the pace of the game. I personally don't care for the bigger maps so I'm not super upset that I won't be able to experience it.

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy the portable nature of the current game and how easy it is to just pick up and play a few matches whenever. 3DS version is more than enough for me, personally.

so yeah mewtwo and eight players

Nothing compared to Palutena and Viridi Codec. Nothing. Compared.

Did anyone notice the two stages on the stage select screen? Kongo Jungle from the Nintendo 64 game is back, and it looks like the Paper Mario level is gonna be in both versions of the game.

The new custom stage system is amazing.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I'm really happy that they chose a freelance voice actor as the announcer. Xander Mobus, you will be remembered as the announcer that is directly a part of the fan base.

I'm so stoked now. The wait is killing me... ever so slowly...

Edited by Penkid11

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy the portable nature of the current game and how easy it is to just pick up and play a few matches whenever. 3DS version is more than enough for me, personally.

I'm really loving the 3DS version for that same reason. I'm going to try to make myself love the Wii U one. I loved Melee because it was fun playing it all night after school every Friday with some friends from school, but I didn't get to do that with Brawl as we were all grown up and busy by then. But, with this game coming out, I'm planning on hosting parties with some new friends.

Eight players seems excessive for the pace of the game.

I think 8 players is an awesome idea. I can't tell you how many get togethers I've had with my friends where we had to take turns since there was only 4 players.

I'm on the fence about getting this game (I don't have a Wii U so I'd have to buy one, along with controllers...). But it looks to be pretty good, especially with the promise of DLC characters and stages. My only misgiving is that Lucas and Wolf aren't in the game to begin with. As a Lucas/Wolf/Link main in Brawl... I don't even see why they weren't included, when Dr. Mario (a clone) is brought back instead. Ice Climbers, too... hopefully they'll be added. As much as I hated them in Brawl, I feel like you can't really have Smash Bros. without them anymore.

Including Mewtwo is also a surprising move to me. I definitely preferred him over Lucario, but hopefully they make him less slidey/floaty in this game than he was in Melee. And I'm kind of doubtful that Ridley will actually be playable, but I guess anything is possible if they brought back Mewtwo and added characters like Shulk, Megaman and Pac-Man.

I'm on the fence about getting this game (I don't have a Wii U so I'd have to buy one, along with controllers...). But it looks to be pretty good, especially with the promise of DLC characters and stages. My only misgiving is that Lucas and Wolf aren't in the game to begin with. As a Lucas/Wolf/Link main in Brawl... I don't even see why they weren't included, when Dr. Mario (a clone) is brought back instead. Ice Climbers, too... hopefully they'll be added. As much as I hated them in Brawl, I feel like you can't really have Smash Bros. without them anymore.

Including Mewtwo is also a surprising move to me. I definitely preferred him over Lucario, but hopefully they make him less slidey/floaty in this game than he was in Melee. And I'm kind of doubtful that Ridley will actually be playable, but I guess anything is possible if they brought back Mewtwo and added characters like Shulk, Megaman and Pac-Man.

Ice Climbers were dropped because Nintendo couldn't make them work on the 3DS version (too many fighters on-screen I suppose to keep the frame rate stable).

Of course that's when they were saying the rosters were identical (unless I'm misremembering) and now they've announced Wii U just will just outright have more fighters, so...

Edited by CallMePie

Of course that's when they were saying the rosters were identical (unless I'm misremembering) and now they've announced Wii U just will just outright have more fighters, so...

At the start! (you remembered right, it also still stands)

Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, Ness, and Jigglypuff are available from the start, rounding out the starting roster to an even 40. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Falco and R.O.B. can then be unlocked, therefore making the Wii U roster identical.

Mewtwo will then be added to both games in Spring for those who own both games.

Finally bought a Refurbished Wii U from Nintendo! :classic::thumbup:

Anyway, for those of you in Europe, the release date has changed:

From @Nintendo UK:

You know how we said Super #SmashBros. for #WiiU would arrive in December in Europe? Change of plan: 28/11/2014

Ice Climbers were dropped because Nintendo couldn't make them work on the 3DS version (too many fighters on-screen I suppose to keep the frame rate stable).

Doesn't Olimar also take extra space with the Pikmin as well, though? I feel like the extra Ice Climber wouldn't be a big a deal, but I don't really know for sure.

I got the chance to play Smash for 3DS recently. I didn't get to explore the game at depth, such as with the Smash Run or the customizable movesets, but I played a few one-on-ones. The mechanics seem good; the play is a little faster and noticeably smoother than in Brawl. Rolling is especially fluid, which I really like. The translation to handheld felt better than I expected, too.

I really don't like the way that knockouts work in this version. From my experience, it seems that besides a fall the only way that you can kill someone is with a smash (down, up, side A) attack. Throws are noticeably nerfed in this game, and recovery is easier than ever. And once you are hit with a smash attack with a certain amount of damage and those red vine-like animations appear on the screen, there's no chance to come back. It really takes a lot out of the unpredictability.

I'm also lost on why they put clones back in the game. Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are pretty much carbon copies of Marth, Pit and Mario respectively (as opposed to semi-clones like Fox/Falco or Mario/Luigi). Why put these characters in before Ice Climbers, Wolf or Lucas?

Doesn't Olimar also take extra space with the Pikmin as well, though? I feel like the extra Ice Climber wouldn't be a big a deal, but I don't really know for sure.

I got the chance to play Smash for 3DS recently. I didn't get to explore the game at depth, such as with the Smash Run or the customizable movesets, but I played a few one-on-ones. The mechanics seem good; the play is a little faster and noticeably smoother than in Brawl. Rolling is especially fluid, which I really like. The translation to handheld felt better than I expected, too.

I really don't like the way that knockouts work in this version. From my experience, it seems that besides a fall the only way that you can kill someone is with a smash (down, up, side A) attack. Throws are noticeably nerfed in this game, and recovery is easier than ever. And once you are hit with a smash attack with a certain amount of damage and those red vine-like animations appear on the screen, there's no chance to come back. It really takes a lot out of the unpredictability.

I'm also lost on why they put clones back in the game. Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are pretty much carbon copies of Marth, Pit and Mario respectively (as opposed to semi-clones like Fox/Falco or Mario/Luigi). Why put these characters in before Ice Climbers, Wolf or Lucas?

First. Nana would have to run a 60FPS alongside Popo as they are both the same character as opposed to Nana being the "Pikmin" of the two. Therefore, she can't run at 30FPS. Her attacks won't be as fluent either at that rate. Apparently having more than five characters on screen is too much for the handheld as well.

Second, Regarding the clones you mentioned, only Dark Pit can be considered a clone (excluding his Final Smash: Dark Pit Staff (which is actually just another iteration of Zelda's/Sheik's Final Smash technically...)). Lucina doesn't have a sweet spot on her blade and does even damage all along her sword. Dr. Mario is slower than normal Mario and has a completely different down-b to boot.

Lucas and Wolf if I may say, may still have the chance of coming as DLC (Mewtwo confirmed!!) so there's always hope.

It's in the animation. Pikmin and Luma don't really have much motion to them but Ice Climbers are two distinct characters. That's why the Assist Trophies and Pokemon run at only 30 FPS.

First. Nana would have to run a 60FPS alongside Popo as they are both the same character as opposed to Nana being the "Pikmin" of the two. Therefore, she can't run at 30FPS. Her attacks won't be as fluent either at that rate. Apparently having more than five characters on screen is too much for the handheld as well.

It's in the animation. Pikmin and Luma don't really have much motion to them but Ice Climbers are two distinct characters. That's why the Assist Trophies and Pokemon run at only 30 FPS.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks.

Second, Regarding the clones you mentioned, only Dark Pit can be considered a clone (excluding his Final Smash: Dark Pit Staff (which is actually just another iteration of Zelda's/Sheik's Final Smash technically...)). Lucina doesn't have a sweet spot on her blade and does even damage all along her sword. Dr. Mario is slower than normal Mario and has a completely different down-b to boot.

Lucas and Wolf if I may say, may still have the chance of coming as DLC (Mewtwo confirmed!!) so there's always hope.

So... Lucina is exactly what Roy was to Marth in Melee. Sweet spot or no, that's not a big enough difference. Same with Dr. Mario. They were both "officially" considered clones in Melee, and I don't think they're different enough now. I just don't see the point in having them in the game at all.

And I do think Lucas and Wolf were confirmed as DLC, but hopefully they won't cost money. Reason to buy Nintendo products: they won't sell you a half-finished game for full price then charge you extra for "DLC".

I don't know how the game will play on a regular Wii U pad, but I definitely don't want to use the Wii Remote/Nunchuck as controllers. It feels like the only proper way to play Smash is with a GameCube controller, and the adapter for Wii U costs another $50... It's funny how Smash is attracting all these Wii U sales and probably then some because of the add-ons. This game alone was a huge marketing strategy for Nintendo, and I have no doubt their sales will soar with the release of this game. Good for them because I heard that before this Wii U sales were low, which kind of makes me think that the new Smash Bros. was only made for that purpose. It plays about the same as Brawl (the graphics aren't all that different either), and overall feels like a stripped-down version of it (no Subspace Emissary or any solid campaign mode, new features like 8-man Smash and maybe even custom movesets seem gimmicky). It might as well be Brawl for the Wii, which came out almost 7 years ago.

I may just be a cranky old skeptic, but to me it feels like the new Smash isn't all that new. I've read that Sakurai and company found the making of this game much more of a stressful process than previously, and it seems like they weren't too enthused about making another game either. There's also that bit about why Sakurai took out the campaign mode in the first place. Was he really that torn up about Internet spoilers or did he just need an excuse to not seek bigger goals with Smash 4? I've always been a Nintendo fan but to me it seems like they're really stretching for profits here. I haven't really been excited about this game since it was announced, unlike Brawl when I would obsessively check for every daily update on the Smash Dojo.

Maybe it's just me, maybe not. :sceptic: All the power to Nintendo if they can pull in Wii U sales with this game, but I find myself doubting more and more that I'll be one of the people to buy a system just to play it.

In other news, you can now play Smash while not paying attention in calculus.