Paperballpark

[MOC] Large-scale Rey's Speeder

I posted about this earlier in the year, but I've now finally got around to finishing it (although I still need to add footplates, but that's a relatively small job).

The Dark Orange colour-scheme was quite a challenge, due to the limited range of pieces available in that colour, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

30071454890_4a36de92ef_b.jpg

30071465940_de34c3f9c1_b.jpg

30282368501_24a48e72f7_b.jpg

A link to my Flickr album is here, which contains a lot of WIP photos, together with descriptions.

Edited by Paperballpark

This looks great and it's the best I've seen a construction figure look. Giving that figure something to interact with gives it a better sense of scale and that speeder looks fantastic.

The articulation of the figure is ideal and that colour scheme also works really well.

Really nicely done.

Very nice! This looks great with the color scheme but also with the figure on top, it makes it more believable.

I especially like how you attached the nets. What piece did you use for the windscreen?

Thanks both! :classic:

I used this part for the windshield, as it looked the most realistic when finished:

Dome Ø.63.77 W.Combi Hinge (LEGO) / Windscreen 8 x 8 x 3 Dome with Dual 2 Fingers (BL)

4622704.jpg

Edited by Paperballpark

Wow excellent work!! As someone else said I like how you did the bag on the side. I really like the front of it too, that was some great construction!