Mencot

Heroica RPG - Quest#154: Confidence Game

2 hours ago, Mencot said:

As he gets close to the horse and holds out his hand towards it´s head, the horse backs away and is wary at first sight of the vampire. But then it gets moves back to Boris to see what he wants.

29316862233_67a0fb6f4b_t.jpg

"If you will be unsure of yourself, the horse will sence it and you will be a danger to everybody. And also if I let you ride it, you will be a danger to the mission because you will not be alert if you will have to concentrate how keep yourself on the horse. But if you mean that you are a quick learner, be my guest and get upp on the horse and show us who is the boss."

"No worries Mr. Tweed," The vampire runs a hand down the horse's neck before placing his feet in the stirrups and hefting himself up by the pommel. The pair take a few uneasy steps forward, the vampire clutching on tight, a thin bead of sweat running down his forehead. The vampire leans forward and whispers in the beast's ear. "Worry not, if you should take care of me, I will see to it that you are kept safe."

Zanna accepts the garb and fastens the cloak around her shoulders before confidently mounting the 'horse' provided for her, her practiced movements clearly indicative of having ridden many a beast...including, most likely, a few that had been trying to kill her all the while.  She tries to size up the beast, wondering if, like her, its soft, squishy exterior might belie a powerful fighting strength.   "Well, then, I am ready to go.  Unless there are more things to take care of?"

"No, your done here for now. Be off with you."

29316863003_cb9862ba9a_t.jpg

"Alright then, all good back there Addok?" The Hinckwell man shouts out to Addok-Zo and pulls the reins and the horse moves out.

And with that the party is off, the vagon going first and after that comes Zanna and then Boris with some insecurity but he was getting the hang of it.

"Good luck."  Mr Tweed says watching the party disappear down the quiet streets of Luosh.

Edited by Mencot

As the party gets to the towngates, they encounter a person from last night, she was clearly waiting for somebody.

29445171673_cc99526883.jpg

29577450451_469cb21ff8_t.jpg

"Mornin'! Finally, I have already waited here a long time."

Alburn stops the vagon and looks at the young woman with a puzzled look.

"Lady Tweed, Samantha? What are you doing here?" They can see that she is dressed differently from yesterday, her clothing today being more fitted for a adventure.

"And where do you think your going young lady, didn´t your father forbid you yesterday to come along..."

"Ah, stop it John. "Lady Tweed.Young lady!" You sound like dad. I am a grown woman and I am highly capable taking care of myself. My mother was Lady Tweed, I am not.

And father is old fashioned, women can be adventurers and carry a sword. And master Blaine taught how to handle a sword and a buckler. I am totally coming along for this."

She looks at Zannaqim.

"You are a woman, you know what I am talking about, right?"

"It is not that, I have seen you train, you are good. You had a great teacher.

But a real battle is different and your father is worried about you, your all he has left." He stays silent for awhile.

"I am fine with you coming along but this can get really dangerous if we face the bandits..."

The young woman interrupts Alburn before he can finish his sentence,

"You know that, no matter what you say I will tag along... So save it." She says with a smile. "Heroes, You agree right that I Will come along."

What will the heroes say to this?

Edited by Mencot

5 hours ago, Mencot said:

As the party gets to the towngates, they encounter a person from last night, she was clearly waiting for somebody.

29445171673_cc99526883.jpg

"Morini'! Finally, I have already waited here a long time."

Alburn stops the vagon and looks at the young woman with a puzzled look.

"Lady Tweed, Samantha? What are you doing here?" They can see that she is dressed differently from yesterday, her clothing today being more fitted for a adventure.

"And where do you think your going young lady, didn´t your father forbid you yesterday to come along..."

"Ah, stop it John. "Lady Tweed.Young lady!" You sound like dad. I am a grown woman and I am highly capable taking care of myself. My mother was Lady Tweed, I am not.

And father is old fashioned, women can be adventurers and carry a sword. And master Blaine taught how to handle a sword and a buckler."

She looks at Zannaqim.

"You are a woman, you know what I am talking about, right?"

"It is not that, I have seen you train. But a real battle is different and your father is worried about you, your all he has left." He stays silent for awhile.

"I am totally fine with you coming along but this can get really dangerous if we face the bandits..."

The young woman interrupts Alburn before he can finish his sentence,

"You know that, no matter what you say I will tag along... So save it." She says with a smile. "Heroes, You agree right that I Will come along."

What will the heroes say?

Zanna seems uncharacteristically uncomfortable about the Samantha's first question, but she does her best to maintain her composure.  "I...yes.  For me, the only way to know if you can fight is to fight.  I would not take that chance away from any person who wants it.  You will join us."

Impressed by her decision, Addok-Zo makes a gesture signifying respect.  "Glad to see someone of royalty not afraid of adventure.  You can come, just don't do anything stupid that can jeopardize the mission and get us all killed."  He smirks but it fades away as he pulls out his hand cannon making some small adjustments to it.

6 hours ago, Flipz said:

Zanna seems uncharacteristically uncomfortable about the Samantha's first question, but she does her best to maintain her composure.  "I...yes.  For me, the only way to know if you can fight is to fight.  I would not take that chance away from any person who wants it.  You will join us."

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

Impressed by her decision, Addok-Zo makes a gesture signifying respect.  "Glad to see someone of royalty not afraid of adventure.  You can come, just don't do anything stupid that can jeopardize the mission and get us all killed."  He smirks but it fades away as he pulls out his hand cannon making some small adjustments to it.

"Yes, I know you would understand."

29032502734_fe03a494a7_t.jpg

"Keep close to the group, Lady Twe... Samantha. Alright lets move out again." Alburn says and leads the party out of the city. Samantha rides next to Zanna and Boris.

"Where are you from, what is your home?" She asks Zanna?

13 hours ago, Mencot said:

What will the heroes say to this?

"'Give respect to your parents that your days may be long' Book of Deusox section 20 line 12. If Ennoc has seen fit to give us parents that love us, is it not right that we should return their love through respecting their wishes? I cannot recommend your accompanying us to spite your father, misguided though he may be. Sometimes it is honor that may change a person's heart and not rebellion. Leaving his side does not teach him of your preparedness for such undertakings as this, but merely reinforces his perception of your hardheadedness." Boris continues to ride along in silence.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"'Give respect to your parents that your days may be long' Book of Deusox section 20 line 12. If Ennoc has seen fit to give us parents that love us, is it not right that we should return their love through respecting their wishes? I cannot recommend your accompanying us to spite your father, misguided though he may be. Sometimes it is honor that may change a person's heart and not rebellion. Leaving his side does not teach him of your preparedness for such undertakings as this, but merely reinforces his perception of your hardheadedness." Boris continues to ride along in silence.

Samantha gives Boris a mean look and rides a little faster muttering. "Darn grumpy face!" 

But she knew Boris was right but she had made up her mind about this.

"If I can help out in any way to solve this mystery and if there is small chance to find out what happened to master Blaine, I will be part of that. This is personal, you know."

"And to get on a adventure is my dream, I remember the stories with warmth that dad use to tell me when I was little. Of the all the adventures he had had when he was young and hero acts they did. I want that also before I get old."

Edited by Mencot

15 hours ago, Mencot said:

Samantha gives Boris a mean look and rides a little faster muttering. "Darn grumpy face!" 

"If I can help out in any way to solve this mystery and if there is small chance to find out what happened to master Blaine, I will be part of that. This is personal, you know."

"And to get on a adventure is my dream, I remember the stories with warmth that dad use to tell me when I was little. Of the all the adventures he had had when he was young and hero acts they did. I want that also before I get old."

Addok-Zo laughs to himself after hearing the worst attempt at an insult.  "Don't go in over your head just because you have some vendetta for an unknown assailant.  Emotions get you killed and we don't need you to be an unnecessary casualty."

19 hours ago, Mencot said:

"Yes, I know you would understand."

"Keep close to the group, Lady Twe... Samantha. Alright lets move out again." Alburn says and leads the party out of the city. Samantha rides next to Zanna and Boris.

"Where are you from, what is your home?" She asks Zanna?

"I am first from Kalma," Zanna replies with uncertainty, "But now that I am of the tribe of Heroica, its home is mine."  Zanna frowns at herself.  Normally thoughts of Kalma were ones of pride, but at the moment the only memories she can recall are those of pain...and of other feelings best left forgotten.

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"It is not love to deny a person being what they are," Zanna snaps with a ferocity she instantly regrets.  "I...forgive me, khrnkav, my thoughts were in another place.

17 hours ago, Mencot said:

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Addok-Zo laughs to himself after hearing the worst attempt at an insult.  "Don't go in over your head just because you have some vendetta for an unknown assailant.  Emotions get you killed and we don't need you to be an unnecessary casualty."

"Emotions can be a source of strength, if used well.  Who was this Blaine person, if it would not be rude to ask?"

23 hours ago, Mencot said:

"This Blaine, a loss from one of the raids?" Boris somewhat softened his tone upon hearing of the ladies loss.

4 hours ago, Flipz said:

"It is not love to deny a person being what they are," Zanna snaps with a ferocity she instantly regrets.  "I...forgive me, khrnkav, my thoughts were in another place.

"Sometimes it is those who love us that know us better than even ourselves."

18 hours ago, Flipz said:

"I am first from Kalma," Zanna replies with uncertainty, "But now that I am of the tribe of Heroica, its home is mine."  Zanna frowns at herself.  Normally thoughts of Kalma were ones of pride, but at the moment the only memories she can recall are those of pain...and of other feelings best left forgotten.

"Kalma, it is to the east from here. Over the sea, right? You miss it? You say this and Heroica is your home now but do you miss the place, culture and environment?"

18 hours ago, Flipz said:

"Emotions can be a source of strength, if used well.  Who was this Blaine person, if it would not be rude to ask?"

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"This Blaine, a loss from one of the raids?" Boris somewhat softened his tone upon hearing of the ladies loss.

"Yes." Samantha looks a bit sad but tries to hide it. "He dissapeared at the last raid by the bandits and we fear the worst becasue nothing has been heared and the search party didn´t find anything. This was weeks ago."

"Master Blaine, Alister Blaine. Was like an other father to me, my mothers cousin and my fathers childhood friend and comrades-at-arms when they were young, they had been on many quests and journey´s."

Alburn takes out a map, shows it to Addok and says,

heroica-map3.jpg

"So far so good, we will be through the forest soon and we will be closing in on Bric´lin next. We should definitely start keeping our eyes open now, these are the parts the other transports have been hitted."

Edited by Mencot

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And some times those who think they know us best know us the least.*Of all of us here, I should know,* Zanna thinks to herself.  *From personal, painful experience.*

43 minutes ago, Mencot said:

"Kalma, it is to the east from here. Over the sea, right? You miss it? You say this and Heroica is your home now but do you miss the place, culture and environment?"

"Yes." Samantha looks a bit sad but tries to hide it. "He dissapeared at the last raid by the bandits and we fear the worst becasue nothing has been heared and the search party didn´t find anything. This was weeks ago."

"Master Blaine, Alister Blaine. Was like an other father to me, my mothers cousin and my fathers childhood friend and comrades-at-arms when they were young, they had been on many quests and journey´s."

heroica-map3.jpg

"So far so good, we will be through the forest soon and we will be closing in on Bric´lin next. We should definitely start keeping our eyes open now, these are the parts the other transports have been hitted."

At the mention of the Blaine's disappearance without recovery of a body, Zanna exchanges a significant glance with the Addok-Zo, but she wisely chooses not to vocalize her suspicions.  At the Alburn's prompting, Zanna uses her telescope to scan the road ahead for disturbances.

21 minutes ago, Flipz said:

"And some times those who think they know us best know us the least.*Of all of us here, I should know,* Zanna thinks to herself.  *From personal, painful experience.*

At the mention of the Blaine's disappearance without recovery of a body, Zanna exchanges a significant glance with the Addok-Zo, but she wisely chooses not to vocalize her suspicions.  At the Alburn's prompting, Zanna uses her telescope to scan the road ahead for disturbances.

It was a quiet morning and the sun had started to rise, sending some light through the trees. Zanna using her telescope could spot something up ahead the road, looked like a cart next to the road. But the dark made it hard to say cleary what it was.

4 hours ago, Mencot said:

heroica-map3.jpg

"Agreed.  Who knows if we are being stalked right now.  The forest and darkness provide excellent camouflage."  Addok-Zo peers into the forest with caution.

3 hours ago, Flipz said:

Addok-Zo notices the slight glance and is almost tempted to say something.  However, he does not but gives Zanna a look before tinkering with his hand cannon again.

8 hours ago, Mencot said:

"Seems strange that your father wouldn't have sent more men to investigate his disappearance." Boris gripped the reigns tighter riding closer to the wagon. 

7 hours ago, Flipz said:

"And some times those who think they know us best know us the least."

"Including ourselves at times... 'The heart is treacherous and sick, who can ever trust it fully?' Book of Miareejh section seventeen line nine." 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Seems strange that your father wouldn't have sent more men to investigate his disappearance." Boris gripped the reigns tighter riding closer to the wagon. 

"Including ourselves at times... 'The heart is treacherous and sick, who can ever trust it fully?' Book of Miareejh section seventeen line nine." 

"Dad, William and some others where searhing for him and the others who dissapeared that day but nothing was found but what I know is that it nearly got themself killed that is why dad isn´t with us today. Nobody has spoken much of what happened there but it was something strange. That one reason why he choose to contact your oraganization, you are good at sloving these kinds of things."

She speaks more quietly

"But what I don´t understand is. And this is not meant as an insult but my father asked for the best of what Heroica has to offer? Were you, are you, the three best available?

The vagon and the party got closer to the place that Zanna had spotted with her telescope.

"What is that, it looks like a cart upside down next to the road?"

"What is it with road obstructions around here?" Boris rolls his eyes before answering Samantha's question, "To put it plainly, can't say yer father put up a lot of resources to get this thing solved. We'll still do our best though."

"My father is a good man but yes he is quite the old miser now days. But can you blame him, he has lost so much." 

She responses Boris and rides faster so that she catches the vagon. She rides up to John.

"What is it?" 

"I don't know. But seems strange."

As the get closer to the cart they can see something moving around the cart and a sound, like somebody was shouting in the distance.

"heeelp. Help meee, somebody..."

Edited by Mencot

"There is something up ahead.  I do not know if it is a trap, but we will have to do something about it either way."

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

"I say we leave the poor mug.  They could be trouble or get us in trouble."

Zanna looks through her telescope again in confusion, asking "I did not see a thing-that-holds-drink.  I do think I hear a person, though."

9 hours ago, Mencot said:

"I don't know. But seems strange."

As the get closer to the cart they can see something moving around the cart and a sound, like somebody was shouting in the distance.

"heeelp. Help meee, somebody..."

Boris stays close to the cart, "Don't worry we will send help."

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

"I say we leave the poor mug.  They could be trouble or get us in trouble."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Boris stays close to the cart, "Don't worry we will send help."

"If it is someone who needs help, we can´t just leave him or her? What kind of a hero are you?"

"They are right, it can be a trap but we will find out when we pass the cart, what it is."

2 hours ago, Flipz said:

Zanna looks through her telescope again in confusion, asking "I did not see a thing-that-holds-drink.  I do think I hear a person, though."

They get so close to the situation it doesn´t help to look through telescope but the last thing she see is something big, white and eight legged and what looks like a net or web hanging from in the tree above the cart. Something was moving inside the net.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

QM note: I will have up the image of the scene later today.

Edited by Mencot