I have several older Technic sets and so far have only found cracked parts in the 8880 and then only 3.

As for my other sets. I've only found cracked parts on the suspension of my 8461 Williams and 8674 Ferrari but with those parts being under stress from the springs & carrying the weight of the car I guess that's to be expected.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by grum64

I say Lego beam is more durable then a Steel beam. One nice thing is that Lego don't rust like steel, Lego can float in the ocean for years and just wash up on the beach and sit there just waiting to be pick up by a small sea bird that scavenge the beach shore. But other then that The Lego part that found its way to a beach will certainly show sign of deterioration still be recognizable but at the end of the day the perfect Lego Brick don't exist. Lots of things in nature can effect how durable that "Lego brick" is a quick example is the Sun. Now not to make anybody afraid of the sun ruining their Lego collection but certain "Lego Bricks" do run the risk to become brittle under the sun more then others. So durability under the sun light is Fair. Other then a Brick Cracking or even worse breaking Lego is has alot of potential durability when even damage. If one thing I learned is that JB weld is a Lego brick best friend and has many benefits one being Improved Lego durability along with Improved Clutch Grip and much more I really need to come up with a list. I will stop here so let that set and sink in for awhile.