Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[SoNE Ep. XII] E04 The Rat

*Random Story/Page Flow Things will be changed in the next few hours since its only 7pm for me*
The story so far:
First Day Aboard the Avenger
At The Table-Before The Storm
Rescue Mission
Reassigned
Eliminating The Competition
Target Practice
“Here we go again…”
Evac Escape
A Quick Transaction
"Black Sunshine"
Repel and Retreat
Flatline Reflection
A Promotional Meeting
Previously: The New Squad
Coruscant: 2200 Hours

Beltar was still getting a feel for his new unit, quite an odd bunch. He had taken some time off at a temporary transfer, and as that ends, Alyin came to pick him up to take him back to the barracks for some interesting news about their next mission, which is more so an inspection.

29377305401_f5c7138337_z.jpg

Alyin: Mr. Beltar, pleasure to see you again. Hope your time here was enjoyable at best, but now DC is awaiting our return as we have a possible lead in the attempted sabotage of Skywalker. I personally think that guy should get a medal, but if Imperial information is leaking, we need to clog it.

Beltar: I agree. Though, if there if there is a Rat leaking that information, that is bad...

I am disappointed that that guy couldn’t nail Skywalker though.

Alyin: Yea, I guess it’s not that easy when it’s an astromech doing the shooting. Anyways, let’s go otherwise we will be late.

Approximately 2 Hours Later

28835255803_5ed0a38ed8_z.jpg

Technician Hekthor: Yes, commander. The prototype fusion speeder engine should be ready for field testing within 3 weeks.

Officer: Thasa good Hekthor- hello there my friends!

DC: Hello there. We are conducting an inspection of this lab right now.

Hekthor: Everything should be in tip top shape!

DC: My crew will determine that.

The technician seemed neverous, his hands where shaking and a few sweats broke, but Beltar, Alyin, and DC pretended to not notice..

29377303741_6fd51af8fc_z.jpg

Hekthor: Alright sir as I was saying, looking at the data… *whisper* next week is the perfect time for our mutual friend to come* *cough* sorry, but it looks like the data suggests that there is a possible increase the-

DC: Excuse my interruption. But I believe my crew has found somethings amiss.

28835253433_0ecabf4942_z.jpg

Hekthor: Ah, what could those miniscule errors be sir?

DC: First of all, cross-referencing data, and with Beltar’s insight. Are you aware you are working with a known rebel conspirator? Dar-Dar Cyonie. I am unaware of how he escaped Coruscant prisons and how he infiltrated us but that does not matter to me. We are shutting this lab down until further notice.

29377301321_6145d6337b_z.jpg

Hekthor: NO! Please! Sir! This is my lifes work in here! You cant! I-I-ve worked so hard for this! And this project will benefit imperial troops everywhere! Sir! WHY COULDN’T HE COME SOONER!

DC: Who…?

Hekthor: MY MUTUAL FRIEND! GAHHH!

DC: We shall deal with that later I guess, as for you Dar-Dar – just come with us quietly.

28835251113_4634686c02_z.jpg

Dar-Dar: Neverrrr!

Beltar: Oh not again.

Dar-Dar frantically tried to shoot the blaster, only to realize it was in stun, and he was holding it backwards. As he turned trying to correct his error, he stunned Hekthor, the Rat, and Beltar had to quickly dive, as a bolt barely missed him. The unit then easily subdued the weak gungan.

29377299111_fe40fcb9b2_z.jpg

Beltar quickly administered a stimulant to the technician, waking him up. The unit called over for a few extra troops to transport the two to a detention block.

Hekthor: I-I-I- would’ve gotten away with this if it wasn’t for you meddling Imperials! He will help me, he already has all the information he needs! Besides, it’s to get Skywalker! That’s good for us! I did it for the Empire!

DC: Right… And Luke Skywalker is Vader’s son. Look. You ratted. Your gonna be court marshaled trooper.

29377297751_d9eec4d44e_z.jpg

Beltar’s thoughts faded from the current situation to when he was on Tatooine. Dar-Dar. “How could that idiot escape Coruscant security. Who are their… ‘Mutual Friends’?” Beltar thought… perhaps one day these questions would be answered.

28835247383_011852edff_z.jpg

The extra two troops arrived, and Dar-Dar started to shout: “You will never get away with this! My friend will come for you! You will PAY for this day!” The two DT’s left as well, and the three officers turned their attention towards the now abandoned prototype.

Alyin: Based on these schematics, the micro reactor is unstable, but a quick re direction of the tank should let it stabilize.

DC: Well. Since this isn’t Hekthors pet project anymore. We might as well take it, perhaps strap it to once of DT’s speeders and let him go crazy.

Beltar: Sounds like a plan. Let’s get this piece of junk off that stand.

29377294331_165268094d_z.jpg

The three lifted the machine off its stand, tossed it on the ground and began working on it, perhaps it would come in handy one day. And as they began fixing it they heard the scream of a Gungan a few hallways away, blasterbolts, and Hekthor screaming to just take him to the detention block already.

It took me some time to respond, mainly because I had to read through all your previous entries to fully grasp the narrative about Beltar. Another cool entry! Your building style is really spot-on and I also like the story, I don't think it's lackluster. Guess that's the last we've seen of Dar-Dar? :devil: I also like how a previous entry is tied in a bit with Kirana. Great stuff all around! Good job!

Hehe, there are great references in that story :laugh:

The interior looks like a proper work place and those walls fit very nicely in there

The backwards facing bricks for wall texture is absolute genius, a technique I may have to borrow! Great addition to your story and truly excellent photography...for an Imperial...I guess :tongue: 

Edited by Forresto