Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Adaptoid has the wings, Cap has some sort of jacket and printed goggles on a normal head. No helmet, no hat, no hair, I am 100% positive this is Steve Rogers.

Oh, I thought a helmet was mentioned somewhere. Probably my mind making stuff up after those pictures of Ultimate Captain America were posted a while back.

Adaptoid has the wings, Cap has some sort of jacket and printed goggles on a normal head. No helmet, no hat, no hair, I am 100% positive this is Steve Rogers.

So, like this picture without the helmet?

13673473954_37ed0bab11_b.jpg

Alright, if you're sure, I'm sold. The new look is welcomed though, I believed there was a look like that in the portable version of the Lego Marvel Superheores game. I'm interested to see what he looks like, more-so than the Adaptoid, anyways.

So, like this picture without the helmet?

*snip*

That would be amazing...with that shield.

Along the lines of that.

It's going to be interesting to see how this variant of Cap looks. What exactly is it based off of? I'm a marvel guy and know a lot about marvel, but this variant of Cap doesn't ring any bells to me. To those of you who have seen him in the corner box art, can you find a picture of what he's based off of? Or have any idea what variant of Cap it is?

Edited by amazingbricks

It sounds so much like WWII Cap without a helmet, but people say it isn't

It's going to be interesting to see how this variant of Cap looks. What exactly is it based off of? I'm a marvel guy and know a lot about marvel, but this variant of Cap doesn't ring any bells to me. To those of you who have seen him in the corner box art, can you find a picture of what he's based off of? Or have any idea what variant of Cap it is?

I'm in a similar boat. Beyond WW2 era Cap, I'm flummoxed.

Watch it be like... Patriot.

309464-74871-patriot.png

There's basically a 0% chance of that (especially since the goggles part I think is only in his outfit after he's resurrected as a multiversal evil entity in the Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers run), but... well, if they pull a weird one (like having the Spider Woman in Web Warrior Bridge Battle be the Ultimate Spider-Woman that basically no one recognized or predicted), I get to pretend like I knew it all along!

Cannot wait for official pics of this sets, you guys have any idea when we will see it? Also is there a near event that we can see a glimpse of those?

the super adaptoid as seen in Avengers assemble

super_adaptoid_01.png

e497bea8e78b354c_l05.jpg

Grey, wings and shield

Possible that Super Adaptoid fought members of Avengers and even if Falcon is not on the actual set he just "adapts" the wings.

Also I have watched that episode.

Possible that Super Adaptoid fought members of Avengers and even if Falcon is not on the actual set he just "adapts" the wings.

I think it's entirely possible that the Super-Adaptoid just came from fighting Falcon, so he has wings, and he steals Cap's shield and Cap is chasing him down to get it back. I think that'll be the "storyline" of the set.

I think it's entirely possible that the Super-Adaptoid just came from fighting Falcon, so he has wings, and he steals Cap's shield and Cap is chasing him down to get it back. I think that'll be the "storyline" of the set.

Well, for kids (remember, the initial audience for these things? It's a tough thing to say out loud :laugh:), maybe children are expected to have seen this episode, at least those who want this set. Look at the SW Rebels line, and the sets produced off of that series. I suppose it's all in context, or heck, all in imagination.

I hope super adaptoid has the hammer head as well as the blank head. Kinda like they did for captain marvel

Blank head will do, hopefully there's like a helm. Did someone already drop a description of what super adaptoid will look like other than red wings?

The preliminary minifigure is light-bluish grey.

Are there any accesories aside from the wings? Also, sorry if I have so many questions, what would be the wings mold? Comic Falcon or MCU Falcon?

I'm hoping we see this guy's face in the figure, because otherwise it's going to be a pretty boring one. Maybe they'll use a visor-less Iron Man helmet and treat the head like the Scooby Doo ones?

In my opinion, a Justin Hammer headprint would completely ruin the minifigure.

Agreed. Even a MODOK stomach/torso print would work better.

Edited by Legocity2713