Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Hopefully we get that ship with the circular ring in the larger set. The other ships look very plain and forgettable; I really want to see a unique Asgardian design!

On 2017/3/30 at 9:00 PM, Robianco said:

Thor as shared by Jerry Kritphiwat on Flickr today.

Wooo I must get it! I swear to the god.

44 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Hopefully we get that ship with the circular ring in the larger set. The other ships look very plain and forgettable; I really want to see a unique Asgardian design!

Will probably be that ship or another Asgardian vessel. The others seem more specified to the servants of the Grandmaster.

Given the bigger set includes Hela its more likely based on one of the final battle scenes, probably either with that circular ship - possibly travelling through the portal to confront her.

I'm interested to see how they include the Orange Soul Stone, originally i thought Heimdall had it or perhaps Thor's hammer - but have not seen it yet (Unless it was in Heimdall's armour or is Heimdall given his eyes...

I'm happy with what we're actually getting, it's all minor inaccuracies except Loki but that just me.

Just now, Scarilian said:

I'm interested to see how they include the Orange Soul Stone, originally i thought Heimdall had it or perhaps Thor's hammer - but have not seen it yet (Unless it was in Heimdall's armour or is Heimdall given his eyes...

Is it confirmed that we are going to see the soul stone in this movie? 

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Dang it, the Lego Hela helmet is not accurate - it covers her upper face :/

Movie version does not cover the face.

Who cares if it's not movie accurate when it's closer to the comics? 

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm happy with what we're actually getting, it's all minor inaccuracies except Loki but that just me.

Is it confirmed that we are going to see the soul stone in this movie? 

No it is not

On 4/9/2017 at 9:35 AM, benderisgreat said:

Unless Daredevil is SDCC exclusive, there's no way Lego will make his minifigure since he's now associated with violent Netflix show. Same goes for Deadpool.

The reason we don't get anything movie Deadpool if because he's a Fox property, not because he's too "violent". If you're talking about comic Deadpool, that just doesn't make sense because we've gotten one. 

2 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Also, the ship in the bigger set is in fact the circular ship seen in the trailer. 

More specifically:

Edited by Delta Customs

I'm confused, Hela's helmet looks perfectly accurate to me. In the trailer the helmet covers the top of her face, with it stretching down to points on her cheeks, which is exactly like the Lego piece.

Loki sucks though, they really should have given him a new helmet piece, but at least they updated the face.

Edited by strangely

25 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

No it is not

How @Scarilian came up with that idea? Lol.

5 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

The reason we don't get anything movie Deadpool if because he's a Fox property, not because he's too "violent". If you're talking about comic Deadpool, that just doesn't make sense because we've gotten one. 

Also, the ship in the bigger set is in fact the circular ship seen in the trailer. 

I gotta ask, have you seen the set? 

Just now, strangely said:

I'm confused, Hela's helmet looks perfectly accurate to me. In the trailer the helmet covers the top of her face, with it stretching down to points on her cheeks, which is exactly like the Lego piece.

Loki sucks though, they really should have given him a new helmet piece, but at least they updated the face.

It's like a crown or something, not a whole helm for me, IMO yeah lego could have give him an entire new helm 

3 hours ago, IMBATMAN said:

OKOKOKOKOK THE THOR RAGNAROK TRAILER JUST CAME OUT, AND HERE ARE SOME THOUGHTS ON THE MINIFIGS NOW THAT WE HAVE AN ACTUAL LOOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

Hulk: Surprisingly, the figure is quite accurate seeing that his shoulder pad has a blue-ish tint

Thor: Well done all round

Loki: Yeah he's the worst. His costume in the trailer is more dark green rather than the blue we see on his minifigure. I'm disappointed

Loki minifigure is based on his outfit during Gladiator Arena scene, you clearly see him wearing yellow cape and blue costume. So Loki is accurate.

52 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

But we just got Magneto and Wolverine in MM set. Its more likely Marvel doesn't want to promote characters who they don't own movie rights to( X-men and F4).

Loki has two outfits in this, though that new version of the horned helmet would have been awesome to see in Lego. The blue on Hulk and Thor isn't the same exact shade as the movie, but it's still obviously bluish. Hela's helmet looks perfectly accurate. I realize in the movie it doesn't cover her face--that's just dark makeup--but it looks the same, and really the important part is all of the antler-ish things.

Seems to me there's a lot of splitting hairs in here. Go ahead and be dissatisfied, I can't wait to see more of these sets. :D

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

But we just got Magneto and Wolverine in MM set. Its more likely Marvel doesn't want to promote characters who they don't own movie rights to( X-men and F4).

We got comic Magneto and Wolverine in that set. Companies like Hasbro and Lego don't have the rights to Fox movie characters, only their comic counterparts, so that's what they usually what we get.

This is getting really off topic so I suggest we leave it here or take it to a PM. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Loki has two outfits in this, though that new version of the horned helmet would have been awesome to see in Lego. The blue on Hulk and Thor isn't the same exact shade as the movie, but it's still obviously bluish. Hela's helmet looks perfectly accurate. I realize in the movie it doesn't cover her face--that's just dark makeup--but it looks the same, and really the important part is all of the antler-ish things.

Seems to me there's a lot of splitting hairs in here. Go ahead and be dissatisfied, I can't wait to see more of these sets. :D

Right, for me what we are getting is awesome and fine. I don't know why a lot of peeps here are getting dissatisfied. I'm excited for the sets.

Hela's helm in the movie appears to cover half of her face, although when zooming in it looks like black makeup. So I think that the Lego version is perfectly acceptable. Excited to hear that we will be getting the circular ship! Can't wait to see Valkyrie and these sets, and I'm even more excited for Hela after the trailer.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

How @Scarilian came up with that idea? Lol.

Never mentioned it was confirmed. Reasoning in spoiler tags;

Spoiler

They have to introduce all 6 Infinity Stones before Infinity War. They've stated that there are no Infinity Stones in GOTG 2 or Spider-man Homecoming - so that leaves either Thor Ragnarok or Black Panther to introduce the final stone, the Orange Soul Stone. We've no confirmation, but people were expecting that it was either inside Thor's hammer (To judge who was worthy) or it's with Heimdall - given his Orange eyes and the gem that he wore in previous films.

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

Who cares if it's not movie accurate when it's closer to the comics? 

By that logic you'd be happy with this version of Thanos for the Infinity War sets because 'who cares if its not movie accurate when its closer to the comics?'
41vpgsd5HyL.jpg
If i buy a Lego set based on the movie, then i want it to be the movie-version. It should be based on the movie and the only reason it is not is either due to them working off concept art which no longer applies OR simply deciding it better to do the comic version. Either way, it does not match the movie and the torso print does not match any of the comics - so we are left with a Hela which matches nothing.

28 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hela's helm in the movie appears to cover half of her face, although when zooming in it looks like black makeup. So I think that the Lego version is perfectly acceptable.

It never covers her face from what i can see in the trailers.

1920x0_on40f7.jpg

UMXNaw7.png

Edited by Scarilian

@Scarilian where'd you get the info in spoiler tags? Hmmm well that make sense. In the past lego sets they are able to include the element/item that is representing an infinity stone. 

59 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Reveal hidden contents

They have to introduce all 6 Infinity Stones before Infinity War. They've stated that there are no Infinity Stones in GOTG 2 or Spider-man Homecoming - so that leaves either Thor Ragnarok or Black Panther to introduce the final stone, the Orange Soul Stone. We've no confirmation, but people were expecting that it was either inside Thor's hammer (To judge who was worthy) or it's with Heimdall - given his Orange eyes and the gem that he wore in previous films.

By that logic you'd be happy with this version of Thanos for the Infinity War sets because 'who cares if its not movie accurate when its closer to the comics?'

If i buy a Lego set based on the movie, then i want it to be the movie-version. It should be based on the movie and the only reason it is not is either due to them working off concept art which no longer applies OR simply deciding it better to do the comic version. Either way, it does not match the movie and the torso print does not match any of the comics - so we are left with a Hela which matches nothing.

That Thanos is fine other than the lack of Gauntlet. I honestly think you're nitpicking over nothing. The helmet is an amazing mold and she looks amazing with it on.

I wonder if Valkyrie will have that bird creature she's flying on in the trailer? That would be a cool addition in the set. 

27 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I wonder if Valkyrie will have that bird creature she's flying on in the trailer? That would be a cool addition in the set. 

From the comics, I can (presumably) identify it, as Aragorn (no not that one), previously used by the Black Knight, but gifted to Valkyrie;

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/f/fb/Aragorn_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_2_1_0002.png

Typically though (I believe this goes back to the Norse Mythology), the Valkyrior ride down on their winged horses into battle

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/5/5f/Valkyrie.jpg

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's just fan theory. Although the nature of Hela and her dead army line up with the Soul Stone's power, it could appear in Avengers Infinity War. It is typically associated with Adam Warlock, and supposedly his evil counterpart Magus is supposed to appear in Part 2

I don't mind the helmet being slightly different than what to expect from the movie.  I am just glad we are getting it at all.  Besides, I feel like there won't be many scenes with Hela wearing it.  Can't see it being much help in a fight when one needs to be agile.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Reveal hidden contents

If i buy a Lego set based on the movie, then i want it to be the movie-version. It should be based on the movie and the only reason it is not is either due to them working off concept art which no longer applies OR simply deciding it better to do the comic version. Either way, it does not match the movie and the torso print does not match any of the comics - so we are left with a Hela which matches nothing

I agree LEGO isn't always accurate, but nobody's making you buy these sets

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

That Thanos is fine other than the lack of Gauntlet. I honestly think you're nitpicking over nothing. The helmet is an amazing mold and she looks amazing with it on.

I wonder if Valkyrie will have that bird creature she's flying on in the trailer? That would be a cool addition in the set. 

Hey hey hey! I smell smoke here. You guys both have a point, let's not fight for the toys. But yeah, just be thankful we are getting this figs and they are not actually that bad, comparing with SM:H mainly for Vulture.

51 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

I don't mind the helmet being slightly different than what to expect from the movie.  I am just glad we are getting it at all.  Besides, I feel like there won't be many scenes with Hela wearing it.  Can't see it being much help in a fight when one needs to be agile.

Right, just be thankful. 

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't say it covered her face in the movie. I said it looked like her face was covered due to the dark black makeup around her eyes in that picture. So I am perfectly fine with Lego's solution. At any rate, the horns are what is most important about the headpiece and those are represented perfectly. 

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I didn't say it covered her face in the movie. I said it looked like her face was covered due to the dark black makeup around her eyes in that picture. So I am perfectly fine with Lego's solution. At any rate, the horns are what is most important about the headpiece and those are represented perfectly. 

Hela looks to be an awesome minifigure, LEGO definitely did it perfectly

6 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

More specifically:

Are you Santa? That's the best news I've heard all day! I'm getting tired of seeing trucks/Quinjets/generic spaceships. It's refreshing to get something unique for once. This makes the wait for pics so much less painful!