Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There aren't 3 Spider-Man sets, and the price points for them are meant to be around $15-20 and $40. And the Guardians sets look to be $20, $30 and $50.

There are 3 Spider-man sets according to Brickset - and Brickset doesnt normally list things that are without a good source.

The price points listed are also sourced from Brickset.

33 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Yeah I believe it's just the 3 GOTG, 2 Spidey, and 2 Thor.

You mean 3 GOTG, 3 Spidey, 2 Thor. With the potential for an additional GOTG set if rumours are accurate.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Also, there haven't been rumors of a 4th Guardians set, just a few people speculating. And didn't J2G confirm just the 3? Other than that I think everything is correct! 

I am uncertain if J2G confirmed three GOTG sets - however for a time we did have confirmation of three Civil War sets until the fourth appeared. If it was a set that was not planned for immediate release with the main group of figures then that would explain why it was not listed.

I just highly doubt they would'nt include Ego given the character's role in the movie - so a set containing him seems extremely likely.

Edited by Scarilian

http://imgur.com/a/v7n8Q

Some better images of the Guardians stuff.

2 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

There are 3 Spider-man sets according to Brickset - and Brickset doesnt normally list things that are without a good source. The price points listed are also sourced from Brickset.

You mean 3 GOTG, 3 Spidey, 2 Thor. With the potential for an additional GOTG set if rumours are accurate.

Well no, I meant exactly what I typed, but if a 3rd Spidey set is in fact real that would be brilliant and more than welcome. Maybe @Delta Customs could throw a bit more light on it for us as he confirmed the 2 Spidey sets I believe and gave us the news (apologies to ask Delta!).

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I just highly doubt they would'nt include Ego given the character's role in the movie - so a set containing him seems extremely likely.

That said, we never got Kaecilius in the Dr. Strange line up.

Figure thoughts;
- Lack of arm printing on everything other than Drax is disappointing. Hoped they would include at least one piece of detailed silver arm so i could use it for the team
- Plain black legs on the cheaper sets seems like a cop-out given the abundance of basic printed black leg pieces in the expensive set
- Ayesha's torso and legs could probably work for female Nova Corp members
- Using either Taserface or Yondu's torso and legs would work well enough to use on the rest of the Ravagers

Already given my thoughts on the sets, however the only set that i feel looks good is the middle set, Ayesha's Revenge. The larger vehicle reminds me of the mining vehicle from the previous movie while the smaller vehicle looks like a fun little build. The rest of the sets just have rather weak looking builds. The Abelisk should have really been a brick-built mouth or something slightly larger than what it is, a similar problem i have with the Star Wars Rathar. I've no interest in getting The Milano again. It feels like they ran out of budget on the smaller set, the main part of the ship looks nice while the wings are just too stud covered without any of the black or red that makes up the rest of the ship design.

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

http://imgur.com/a/v7n8Q

Some better images of the Guardians stuff.

Source is CM4Sci

Well no, I meant exactly what I typed, but if a 3rd Spidey set is in fact real that would be brilliant and more than welcome. Maybe @Delta Customs could throw a bit more light on it for us as he confirmed the 2 Spidey sets I believe and gave us the news (apologies to ask Delta!).

It is real. We have a set number and price point provided by Brickset

Delta Customs likely saw a selection of sets or got information on specific sets - chances are what he saw/heard about did not include the third Spider-man Homecoming set primarily because either it was an exclusive or simply it contained spoiler elements.

We have confirmation of three sets, Brickset got enough confirmation for both a number and a price point. Delta kindly got us confirmation of what was in two of those sets, but just because he got information on two sets does not make the third set fake.

That said, we never got Kaecilius in the Dr. Strange line up.

Kaecilius was shown around everywhere. Given he was everywhere, there was no reason he would'nt appear in a Lego set if they wanted him to.

A better comparison would be Spider-man. Spider-man was hidden from Civil War's marketing for a long time and Ego so far is hidden from GOTG 2's marketing and the director has mentioned that he intends to do this as much as possible to avoid spoiling the movie's plot. Ego in particular we have'nt even seen the actor in the role, we've only seen one of his costumes on display. He seems like a character being played in a very secretive fashion similar to Spider-man was in Civil War's marketing.

Edited by Scarilian

38 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Delta Customs likely saw a selection of sets or got information on specific sets - chances are what he saw/heard about did not include the third Spider-man Homecoming set primarily because either it was an exclusive or simply it contained spoiler elements.

We have confirmation of three sets, Brickset got enough confirmation for both a number and a price point. Delta kindly got us confirmation of what was in two of those sets, but just because he got information on two sets does not make the third set fake.

What? You said a couple of posts back it could potentially be the missing Thor Ragnarok set seeing as they only have one listed, now you're saying it's a 3rd Spidey set and is real because it's on there. 

Apologies, but it's this sort of stuff that gets confusing for everyone when they pop back and just read the last couple of comments, and I'm just as confused too.

Sorry to other readers and mods! I don't mean to clog up the thread.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to come across as argumentative. The more sets the better in my eyes, and appreciate the break down a few comments back as the mods haven't updated the front page yet. 

Edited by Captain Britain

Just now, Captain Britain said:

What? You said a couple of posts back it could potentially be the missing Thor Ragnarok set seeing as they only have one listed, now you're saying it's a 3rd Spidey set and is real because it's on there.

I theorised that it could be a Thor Ragnarok set due to the pricing alone, given a set would need to be priced roughly that amount if it included Hulk and four other figures. I did however mention that it was listed on Brickset under the Spider-man Homecoming sets. I only briefly speculated trying to justify the price, however Brickset is right on things a majority of the time given they normally require solid confirmation before listing something - so its almost certainly a Spider-man set, which was why my comment speculation fed back to the Spider-man homecoming dance as the theme the set could have to justify the price.

Prices for 76080 and 76081 sound right to me, 40$ and 50$ are definitely a must buy prices. But 76079 doesn't look like 30$ set! Even 20$ is pushing it, minifigures look great, but builds aren't that exciting.

Prices for Homecoming and Ragnarok sets are pretty good , but I  need to see some pics first.

Great to see the high res picture of Baby Groot without his Ravager outfit, because for some reason I was still worrying he would be the same! I love all the new figures and I love that Nebula has an angry face. I'm getting the old Milano in a couple days and I'll probably just use the second one as like Yondu's ship from the first movie. 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

My local toy store put out descriptions of Guardians 2 sets, but sadly no prices:

76079 -197 pcs;

76080 - 323 pcs; 

76081 - 460 pcs.

Thanks! So my guesses for USD prices would be $20, $30 and $50. Pretty reasonable.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

No worries, I get what you mean. Apologies.

I've dropped a couple of messages to CM4Sci over on Reddit but he can't remember if it's 2 and 2 or 3 and 2. Fingers crossed Brickset stuff is all accurate as always welcome another set. Would be interesting to see what it could actually be after we've got the big heroes and villains in the set that's already announced.. He did say no 4th GOTG spoiler set though.

So Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 $ prices:

#76079: Ravager Attack - 20$

#76080: Ayesha's Revenge - 30$

#76081: The Milano vs. The Abilisk - 40$

16 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

He did say no 4th GOTG spoiler set though.

Thats unfortunate, hopefully he comes as a polybag figure released around the same time or something similar.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 $ prices:

#76079: Ravager Attack - 20$

#76080: Ayesha's Revenge - 30$

#76081: The Milano vs. The Abilisk - 40$

Do you have a source for that, or are those just guesses? $40 for 460 pieces, and the flagship set of the wave, seems too good to be true...

12 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Do you have a source for that, or are those just guesses? $40 for 460 pieces, and the flagship set of the wave, seems too good to be true...

Yeah, I'd guess at least $50 and they might even mark it up to $60, though I hope that doesn't happen. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I'd guess at least $50 and they might even mark it up to $60, though I hope that doesn't happen. 

If it's 55€, there's no way it's 60$. 50$ it is then.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

1st and 2nd set for $20 and $30 are reasonable prices.

I don't know about the 3rd one. Morelikely yeah $50

There are June Lego Batman Movie sets pictures, and the sets will show up at New York Toy Fair, so I think we will get pictures of Spider-Man: Homecoming sets at NYTF. Maybe Thor sets too.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are June Lego Batman Movie sets pictures, and the sets will show up at New York Toy Fair, so I think we will get pictures of Spider-Man: Homecoming sets at NYTF. Maybe Thor sets too.

When is NYTF? 

Thanks @Captain Britain for clarifying what we do indeed know!

It gets very difficult when posters come in and blur their own speculation with facts. The fact is that we don't know if there's a third Spidey set, and assuming that there is and then speculating what is in it, and not clarifying that you are speculating without any source whatsoever, in a post that purports to be about clarifying things, is quite unhelpful. 

I don't mind the odd bit of theorising, but at least be clear to all that that is what you are doing.

56 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

NYTF is late February? I thought it was early Feb. Now it seems more likely that we'll see the summer sets there. 

Early February (1st-6th) is Nuremberg Toy Fair.

Originally, it was rumored to be 3 GotG2 sets, 3 Spider-Man Homecoming sets, and 1 Thor Ragnarok set. 

Based off of what I heard it will be 3 GotG2 sets, 2 Spider-Man Homecoming sets, and 2 Thor Ragnarok sets.

Believe me or not, that is up to you. And to be quite frank, I don't even see a reason why they would release another Spider-Man Homecoming set. We already have all the main heroes and villains in the 2 sets we've heard about, they'd have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for one more set. The fourth Civil War set was not only a retail exclusive that most insiders don't hear about, but was also the first MCU debut of Spider-Man, so security was even tighter on that, explaining why no one had heard of it. Including not wanting to show off the suit until that final trailer reveal. I don't think Spider-Man Homecoming has any aces up its sleeves like that worthy of a third set. Captin Uni explicitly said only two Spider-Man Homecoming sets for the Summer 2017 wave. 

Sorry for writing so much, I just wanted to be as clear as possible. 

Edited by Delta Customs

Just now, Delta Customs said:

Believe me or not, that is up to you. And to be quite frank, I don't even see a reason why they would release another Spider-Man Homecoming set. We already have all the main heroes and villains in the 2 sets we've heard about, they'd have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for one more set.

We could get:

1. Tinkerer

2. Aunt May

3. Liz Allan

4. Ned Leeds

And I have a question about second SPM:H set. Is Shocker with his suit or only with electric hloves?

6 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Originally, it was rumored to be 3 GotG2 sets, 3 Spider-Man Homecoming sets, and 1 Thor Ragnarok set. 

Based off of what I heard it will be 3 GotG2 sets, 2 Spider-Man Homecoming sets, and 2 Thor Ragnarok sets.

Believe me or not, that is up to you. And to be quite frank, I don't even see a reason why they would release another Spider-Man Homecoming set. We already have all the main heroes and villains in the 2 sets we've heard about, they'd have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for one more set. The fourth Civil War set was not only a retail exclusive that most insiders don't hear about, but was also the first MCU debut of Spider-Man, so security was even tighter on that, explaining why no one had heard of it. Including not wanting to show off the suit until that final trailer reveal. I don't think Spider-Man Homecoming has any aces up its sleeves like that worthy of a third set. The fourth set for Civil War was also a delayed release, from what Brickset suggests, that third set is with the other two sets. Captin Uni hears about all sets, including retailer exclusive, but explicitly said only two Spider-Man Homecoming sets for the Summer 2017 wave. 

Glad to know that. Everything is cleared up now.

As long as we get both villains and Both heroes in those 2 spidey sets. That's okay! :)