Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Marvel has been getting at least 9-10 sets since 2014, so unless something changes this year, I think Marvel is safely getting everything, at least movie wise.

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I gotta say you have a point there, considering the number of sets for MCU movies. But isn't DC getting other DCEU sets as well for their release in 2018? (Just me being jealous about comic/cartoon sets) 

As for Spider Man, I think Marvel/Disney owns the merchandise so there's really no problem on releasing sets based on the new TV show and upcoming Miles Morales Spidey. (But very unlikely) We just got lots of sets with comic based ones, just continue with those release villain to complete the roster. 

We've only got Aquaman as a DCEU release in 2018, so there's plenty of room for sets from that movie and the comic sets.

As for animated Spider-Man, its a mixed bag for the TV show, as in we'll probably see some inspiration once in a while just like we did for "ultimate" spider sets. But the Miles Morales movie is completely off the table, since it's being made by Sony. I haven't heard about any kind of involvement from Marvel or Disney, and since they hold the merchandise rights, they are not going to promote a film they have no involvement in.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Sorry for double post.

After watching the film couple of times. I remake the wings, included wing tips (because it's has a major part in the film) now it can flap, move up and down and just like TLG version articulated wing tips (showing metal/grey like in the film) not the other way around. 

Here's my second attempt:

Vulture's Wings v2.

This looks fantastic. Can you post build details and / or an LDD file?

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Between Black Panther getting two sets, Infinity War most likely getting six if not more sets, and Ant-Man and the Wasp hopefully at least getting a set, there may not be a ton of room left for cartoon sets. If they do however, I wonder what they will do with Spidey. Ultimate Spider-Man ended sometime last year I think (haven't watched it since the first season) but there's a new Spider-Man cartoon starting soon. There's also the matter of the Sony animated movie starring Miles Morales. I'm assuming Lego can has the Sony movie Spider-Man license since there was the Electro polybag from ASM2 and the 2 Homecoming sets.

I think that the Miles movie won't be getting much toy marketing, simply because (this relating to both LEGO, action figures and other) you don't really see toys coming out of animated comic book movies. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there could be one or two sets, but I'm not expecting any

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I gotta say you have a point there, considering the number of sets for MCU movies. But isn't DC getting other DCEU sets as well for their release in 2018? (Just me being jealous about comic/cartoon sets) 

DCEU only has Aquaman next year in December. So that'll get a set or two later on in the year, which is why DC is getting those comic based sets in early 2018. I feel your pain though. I'd still like non-movie versions of Hawkeye and Black Widow. (The former hopefully in his classic purple suit.)

53 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

This looks fantastic. Can you post build details and / or an LDD file?

Thanks!

Woah, thanks for the feedback didn't expect it.

Honestly, I don't know how to create an LDD file, but if you want I can send/show you the build parts by parts so atleast you can recreate it. 

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

I feel your pain though. I'd still like non-movie versions of Hawkeye and Black Widow. (The former hopefully in his classic purple suit.)

Yeap I've been wanting that since day one. Classic avengers, we'll it is what it is.

The BRick Fan has two new articles up that could potentially yield some awesome results!

First, a Spider-Man: Homecoming DLC will be available for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2; the trailer reveals a Lego version of the homemade suit! Obviously it'd be great to see this as an official minifigure, and I think 'this boosts those chances.

Second, a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy special will be airing, entitled "The Thanos Threat." If this is brought to DVD Release like the DC specials, this could potentially bring us a new and exclusive minifigure! 

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Second, a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy special will be airing, entitled "The Thanos Threat." If this is brought to DVD Release like the DC specials, this could potentially bring us a new and exclusive minifigure! 

I don't think the Marvel specials get minifigures unfortunately. There's been two Lego Marvel specials already (they're on Netflix now if anyone wants to watch them. US Netflix at least.) and I don't remember them even getting a DVD release.

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

a Spider-Man: Homecoming DLC will be available for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2; the trailer reveals a Lego version of the homemade suit! Obviously it'd be great to see this as an official minifigure, and I think 'this boosts those chances.

I'm hoping that they can translate that into physical minifigure. The design is spot on, I'm still bummed about this particular design they didn't include it on the Spiderman: Homecoming sets.

21 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I don't think the Marvel specials get minifigures unfortunately. There's been two Lego Marvel specials already (they're on Netflix now if anyone wants to watch them. US Netflix at least.) and I don't remember them even getting a DVD release.

I believe the Avengers "special" that's on Netflix now was a web series. 

All the LEGO Marvel animated specials have been like 5 part shorts stuck together, if this new one is actually a DVD with an exclusive figure, I would be very happy

18 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

All the LEGO Marvel animated specials have been like 5 part shorts stuck together, if this new one is actually a DVD with an exclusive figure, I would be very happy

Which is unlikely to happen. :cry_sad:

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

If the movie comes out with a figure and it correlates with the movie, we could possibly get Ego.

We can all hope, Imagine that Ego minifig! 

16 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Which is unlikely to happen. :cry_sad:

We can all hope, Imagine that Ego minifig! 

Doing it! It'd be the perfect opportunity, and he's always seemed too huge to overlook 

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Doing it! It'd be the perfect opportunity, and he's always seemed too huge to overlook 

You think will be getting an entire new hair mold and beard? Hmmm,

If they are releasing Ego. Just thoughts 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

You think will be getting an entire new hair mold and beard? Hmmm,

If they are releasing Ego. Just thoughts 

Maybe just a recolored mold? I think they could print the beard on the head.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

If that's so, what is the mold that you are thinking that will fit him?

Well, I think that Han's new hair would look pretty good on him.

18 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think that the Miles movie won't be getting much toy marketing, simply because (this relating to both LEGO, action figures and other) you don't really see toys coming out of animated comic book movies. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe there could be one or two sets, but I'm not expecting any

I think that's mostly because all the previous animated comic book movies weren't theatrically released. I can't think of the last animated theatrical superhero film--Mask of the Phantasm? We may not get much merchandise because of the Marvel/Sony split, but I think we should look more to, say, Big Hero Six than the direct to DVD films as reference for the Miles film.

21 minutes ago, HyperOnion said:

I think that's mostly because all the previous animated comic book movies weren't theatrically released. I can't think of the last animated theatrical superhero film--Mask of the Phantasm? We may not get much merchandise because of the Marvel/Sony split, but I think we should look more to, say, Big Hero Six than the direct to DVD films as reference for the Miles film.

Oh I didn't know it was theatrical release, I thought it would be direct to DVD. However after doing a little research, it releases in December next year, so there could be potential sets in Winter 2019, perhaps along with a Capt Marvel set or two. But that's too long away, I'm just currently waiting for the Black Panther sets to show, seeing as that movie looks like prime quality set awesomeness

On 7/15/2017 at 8:47 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

That's only because you really don't see animated comic book movies. Big Hero 6 is the only major example, and that one got a ton of toys. Given Marvel owns Spidey's merch rights entirely, I expect we'll see at least a loose tie-in set if there's room. 

The DC Comic Con exclusive was revealed, so I guess they aren't dead. Who's ready to be mad and disappointed about not being able to obtain the Marvel one? 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The DC Comic Con exclusive was revealed, so I guess they aren't dead. Who's ready to be mad and disappointed about not being able to obtain the Marvel one? 

OO OO OOO ME ME ME ME!!! IM READY TO BE MAD AND UNHAPPY!!