Sign in to follow this  
steph77

[PORSCHE] Porsche 919 Hybrid

If only TLC had relesed the new panels element in grey color this could be the result (photoshop editing)

vHGjSQ.jpg

Edited by steph77

I saw your entry in the Rebrick page. What a shame that some photos are not displayed or scaled properly. It's quite strange because TLG request photos in landscape orientation AKA 16.9, 16.10 proportion :wacko: . They should fix that

Beautiful work! Really looking forward to instructions so I can have a go at building this creation. I hope LEGO pay attention and realize that you don't have to go big to achieve great looks and functionality. This is a very impressive compact build with amazing features. Best of luck for the competition!

One suggestion. Is it possible to use white flex tubes for the top and bottom of the windscreen?

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

@ LvdH : I use 11L flex axles for the windscreen and 12 L flex axles for the wheelsarches

Yay, I was hoping a LDD (or w/e program you use) would get made. Sweet!

Currently at work, so i cant open the LDD, but does anyone have a part count?

Im wondering how much it would (roughly) cost to bricklink this model, assuming i dont have most parts (i do, but it is too difficult to really take into account)

Currently at work, so i cant open the LDD, but does anyone have a part count?

Im wondering how much it would (roughly) cost to bricklink this model, assuming i dont have most parts (i do, but it is too difficult to really take into account)

1144 parts.

@Steph77: Other than the nose panel and the wheelarch flex axles (11L in the LXF file but 12L on the model, right?), are there any further parts that should differ from what the LXF file specifies? Also, there are some unattached parts in the file. It is obvious where some of them go, but can you tell me where the two grey axles, three ball/pins, black 3L pin w/ center hole, and two blue half bushes go? And other than the tail lights, are there any other parts absent from the LXF file?

I have checked my ldd file and update it here:

http://www.moc-pages.../moc.php/430516

- The red 3L axles represents the new black 3l pins with crosshead.

- I place the parts free in front of there fnal place and update the whole neccesary parts as best as i can.

-The ball joints are for the doors linkages (2) and one (1) for the gearbox link.

-The four 12L flex have been updated and their mout point correctly drawn

- I grouped the pars of the windscreen , and the 2 blue half bushes (you can use other color) are in the left wheel house assembly (correctly done one the right side of the model)

-The 3L grey axe is at the base f th windscreen

-The 5L grey axle is in the engine assembly

EDIT:make sure to have this file : [Porsche 919 hybrid checked ind b]

Edited by steph77

I'm wondering how much it would (roughly) cost to bricklink this model, assuming i dont have most parts (i do, but it is too difficult to really take into account)

Well, I've just spent today going through the parts list and entering into BrickLink. It would cost me US$360+postage to order all parts, which unfortunately pushes it right up into the 42056 GT3 RS price range. The wheel arch panels are super rare in blue, and the 6571 steering arms are also very rare and expensive.

To build this model i just buy official small sets... Those sets are a source of lots of usefull small pieces:)

And what about the pick-a-brick program of tlc?

Edited by steph77

Well, I've just spent today going through the parts list and entering into BrickLink. It would cost me US$360+postage to order all parts, which unfortunately pushes it right up into the 42056 GT3 RS price range. The wheel arch panels are super rare in blue, and the 6571 steering arms are also very rare and expensive.

Ouch, the blue curved panels are pretty much a no-go to bricklink, 13 for sale worldwide... I have four purples as spare, and bright green ones are cheap though, sadly the nose panel is only available in blue and yellow.

The steering arm is expensive as well, but only 2 are needed, and they are readily available. Personally im more concerned about the tires.. €20 just in rubber..

I might throw it all in Bricklink tonight and see what can be achieved with some smart colour-swapping

Ouch, the blue curved panels are pretty much a no-go to bricklink, 13 for sale worldwide...

That's probably my fault, sorry. I bought loads to make my corvette and then my porsche.

Great model BTW

All is fair when you try to make blue the new white JamesJT :wink:

At least the model from which the panel comes is fairly cheap, just need 4 of them... :grin:

Sadly i came back from holliday too late to edit my entry @rebrick.

The picture format was not correct. Too late…

About this contest, I didn’t know that EB was the official sponsor of this contest ;) I think 60 or 70% of the entries are out this forum members!

And Jim will have lots of work whith it …

However, Here are the pictures i worked on when i was thinking editing my entry :

8TljNW.jpg

fSOTGl.jpg

CamM1c.jpg

ojPZv5.jpg

@+

Edited by steph77

@Jim: Rumors going on @ the rebrick site about potential E-mails send to winners. Any information on that?