Didumos69

[MOD] 42056 - Ultimately playable Porsche 911 GT3 RS

@Didumos69 1st post to thank you so very much for the time you put into these model improvements.  Bugatti Chiron set was tempting, especially after reading about so many problems with the stock GT3RS set, but digging a little more and found your threads tipped the scale more me.  Just completed 1st build with community-developed errata, and I must say your 90-degree limiter was simply brilliant. Thanks to all those who contributed, but very nice to have your easy to follow steps to implement.

Working through the additional parts I need to get the Ultimate version!  Do you recommend any sets that have many of this unique parts?  I'd rather buy a set for a little more $$ than the parts individually.  

Thanks again!

17 hours ago, DataNinja said:

@Didumos69 1st post to thank you so very much for the time you put into these model improvements.  Bugatti Chiron set was tempting, especially after reading about so many problems with the stock GT3RS set, but digging a little more and found your threads tipped the scale more me.  Just completed 1st build with community-developed errata, and I must say your 90-degree limiter was simply brilliant. Thanks to all those who contributed, but very nice to have your easy to follow steps to implement.

Working through the additional parts I need to get the Ultimate version!  Do you recommend any sets that have many of this unique parts?  I'd rather buy a set for a little more $$ than the parts individually.  

Thanks again!

Thanks! Al though I feel flattered if someone wants to build my ultimately playable version, I would first like to suggest building @jb70's version. It has all the necessary fixes, quite some feature of my ultimate version and some more things like working doorlocks. And it has full-blown instructions. It even has the essentials of my improved paddle shifter unit in it.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-8003/jb70/42056-pimp-up-my-porsche/#info

About gathering the necessary parts. I honestly don't know the answer, but maybe you could use Rebrickable to see which sets would more or less cover the extra parts you need. I know Rebrickable has some nice functions for that, but I don't know the details.

Man, I can't tell you how cool this thread is.  i have bought Lego sets throughout my life, but this thread really has me excited to mod up the Porsche.  I was trying to decide between this Porsche set and the Bugatti, but this has helped me decide.  I think most people say the Bugatti is a better overall model, but fior me, i prefer the Porsche shape (and that orange color!).  i was looking for a high dollar set to buy this week so i can get the HP bonus building set, and I am going to go with this.  Thanks and I look forward to the build!  I will likely go with JB70's build and already have my Rebrickable account set up for the build.  now i just need to purcahse the base set.  :)

Edited by boochydog

well, that was pretty simple.  purchased the 42056 set.  set up my list at bricklink for the 241 extra parts i needed to make the pimped out version.  purchased the parts from 2 different stores through a simple purchase at bricklink (i think it was less than $50 delivered for all 241 parts).  downloaded the PDF version of the pimped out version instructions, which now include the improved paddle shifting system.  now i just wait for the parts to arrive and for a snowed-in off-day...

Edited by boochydog

On 11/13/2018 at 12:51 AM, Didumos69 said:

@boochydog, I can sense the excitement! Have fun!

thanks!  i have everything here now and can start building this weekend.  :) i noticed some people had some GT3RS black letter stickers they were using on the doors of this model.  any idea where i can get those stickers?  thanks!

4 hours ago, boochydog said:

thanks!  i have everything here now and can start building this weekend.  :) i noticed some people had some GT3RS black letter stickers they were using on the doors of this model.  any idea where i can get those stickers?  thanks!

I don't know, but there's a special topic about those stickers: