ZBLJ did something like this in his newest tatra but it had tatra suspension of course.

ZBLJ did something like this in his newest tatra but it had tatra suspension of course.

Makes me curious. Do you know which one exactly?

Some very interesting suspensions:

Wesll Leaning Vehicle:

Swincar E-Spider:

Did anybody build something like this with Lego?

Edited by Didumos69

Those are definitely very interesting suspensions, and the Wesll is worth replicating. Now I wonder how they implemented the self-leveling, is it some sensors or simply the driver leaning more to one side than the other. He seems to be riding straight up (not leaning) while left/right sides are at different heights ... Fascinating!

Those are definitely very interesting suspensions, and the Wesll is worth replicating. Now I wonder how they implemented the self-leveling, is it some sensors or simply the driver leaning more to one side than the other. He seems to be riding straight up (not leaning) while left/right sides are at different heights ... Fascinating!

Indeed fascinating! My guess is that at least part of the mechanism relies on keeping the center of gravity of the frame carrying the driver lower than the joints holding that frame, which makes that part operate as a kind of swing. But there will cetainly be more to it :wink:

EDIT: Sorry, I was referring to the E-Spider. I don't have a clue - yet - how the Wesll operates...

Edited by Didumos69

Didumos69, there is a topic about the Swincar here: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=112917 i made some experiments trying to recreate its special suspension; i didnt went far because it was a bit hard to recreate, but the Wesll Leaning vehicle could be done, its suspension is really amazing.

Thanks, didn't know that! Apparently the tilting mechnism in the Wesll is a known 'patented' mechanism, although very well implemented in this case, but I find the Swincar more intriguing. Makes me - once again - think of Rocker-Bogie suspension which has also been mentioned in this topic.

There's a topic on Jalopnik about all kinds of stuff like this:http://jalopnik.com/...sion-1701342243

What stands out to me is the Citreon 2cv suspension, which is just absolutely bizarre.

y64p49gvfmtp15ksk0gb.gif

Also, trains often times use a variant of rocker bogie suspension, but the pivot points are often replaced with springs.

07915565ff5ef8229e12a4dbad96ffd7_XL.jpg

Edited by Saberwing40k