I do not think I have the talent to do this, but I wanted to share this for those looking for new ideas. Would be an awesome technic model!

Saw this today and directly thought of seeing this made in LEGO Technic. Though, I wouldn't know how to do it. The wheels seem to be driven directly and the suspension is too variable to be driven with a drivetrain.

At least a motorized version is very unlikely. If someone manages to build this, that would be fantastic.

I think it's absolutely feasible specially if using the big wheels from 42007! After all using the cardans along the beams should be straight forward! I do see this possible actually!

Hi, i think that the only way to make a motorized version could only be possible if the vehicle its build at large scale; it seems that the swincar uses electric motors inside the wheels and a very particular suspension; but it i think it can be build, i will try to make some experiments in LDD; and good luck building it, here is a picture:Concept559bdc82dbf07.JPG

well, this a picture of a experiment while trying to understand this really complex system: swincar.png

Edited by ImanolBB

I was thinking of spider crawler some time ago, before i see this car in real) In my plans was using one motor for propulsion with differentials on the frame and using something like part #24 from picture. It's rubber o-ring from automatic transmission oil pump. Large enough and much less elastic than lego rubber bands for making complex wedge system with tensioners.

ar8ffrcxcrsyvihzg.jpg

I think it could be done, but at a large scale using motorbike wheels.

I unfortunately don't have the time, but I may try to mock opp a little of the suspension...

Maybe a good idea for a community project?

EDIT: I've studied the second video, and I'm pretty sure it could be done. It would have to be large scale to be RC because the motors need space, but it should be possible to build it in a smaller scale as a push around model. I will make a few attempts at making the stesring and suspension work in small scale. If they are successful I will post an update.

-ED-

Edited by Nazgarot

I do not think I have the talent to do this, but I wanted to share this for those looking for new ideas. Would be an awesome technic model!

That's funny; I saw this somewhere online or on tv and I thought about posting it. But you beat me to it.

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of MOCs lately but haven't posted many as I feel they are visually inferior to most I see on here. My problem, more often than not, is finishing my projects. I tend to do well with the engineering and functionality but I am terrible at making them look good with finishing details. That being said, I do have a few saved ideas and creations in LDD that I will share once I can document the physical versions.

This Swincar just jumped out at me! I think it really is a great challenge for Technic builders. I am still unsure how viable it is, but it seems like an unexplored avenue of function for us. Something that could bring some new ideas for other projects. It would be nice to have a community effort here. Maybe have folks develop different iterations of the various functions and post them. Many brains are better than one. I have no desire to take credit, I just really want to see it pulled off. :grin:

I think the trickiest parts to duplicate will be the angled suspension system while still remaining rigid and flexible enough. I am going to try out a few ideas with physical parts this afternoon and transfer anything successful to LDD and post here.

more experiments and i think i finally understood how does it works, some pictures:

swincar1.png

in this picture you can see how the wheels should be always parallel to the pilot cell (represented with the upper blue part):

swincar2.png

and i saw that the steering is given by just moving the upper red parts (with the rods):

swincar3.png

and finally the current project: http://www.brickshel...car/swincar.lxf

Edited by ImanolBB

Wheel vertical postion is also controled with steering, and it is conncted between wheels with "wire".

It is pendulum tilt

That's funny; I saw this somewhere online or on tv and I thought about posting it. But you beat me to it.

i saw it on FB in the Top Gear Fans group then i saw it here and i was like: OMG that's the same

Why can't I close the dialog box when upload my first picture?

Never mind, just linked it

Edited by Kman860

I would expect the military to be interested in that, though it could do with better wheels and ground clearance I think.

Challenging from a lego point of view with each wheel having it's own motor.

H

https://www.flickr.c...6759@N08/38226i

Here's my take on things, I know it sucks, but I just wanted to do a basic suspension, d I'm sure some of the talented people around here can improve on my design.

Actually, your design seems to be very good and you put those shock absorbers very well, it would only need some improvements to make the steering and the tilting of the wheels, but it would be a nice base to make a non-PF model, i also really like the scale of it, and if you can upload the LXF file it would be awesome, to see what can i invent, nice work.

Actually, your design seems to be very good and you put those shock absorbers very well, it would only need some improvements to make the steering and the tilting of the wheels, but it would be a nice base to make a non-PF model, i also really like the scale of it, and if you can upload the LXF file it would be awesome, to see what can i invent, nice work.

Thanks for the feedback,I'm pretty new here,but if someone could tell me how to do the LXF upload, I for sure could do that. In the mean time, I'll try to figure it out.

Got it..kind of..I hope...

If anyone wants to use this as a base for their model, by all means go ahead, just let me know what you come up with.

swincar.lxf

Edited by Kman860

well, what i do is: i upload the LXF file to brickshelf (i dont know which other pages you can use), and then i put the URL of it, and that´s it, also, i have tryed to replicate your model but this time i put a simple steering system and a different suspension system, i will upload pictures when i think it seems enough good.

EDIT: thanks for the file, i think i made the post a bit late ;)

Edited by ImanolBB

thanks for the help anyways though, it'd be great if you upload some pics or LXF when the whole thing is done :)

Sorry for posting in this (maybe) old topic, but today i have found this video:

despite the horrible damage that the music made to my ears, i found the design useful for possible new experiments.

Interesting, just checked the comments section, Specter Designs (swincar creator) asked the guy who made that MOC to like his Facebook and contact by email to see what they have in common.

I think that car could use a 4x4 drive