Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Lego Express Part 2

Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?

• The sleuth-like viking warrior Bloody Jay
    • Pirate hunter with a death wish, Sarg Kulo
    • The lady-killing furry midget Darth Ewok
    • The impetuous but instinctive Wolf Man
    • The calm and brave brick-trader Athos
    • Big Wig JonFett
    • The puppet master and title-giving French Green Jedi
    • Outlaw and "Belgian-detective-on-the-side" Brickster
    • Mister M, not on this list...

A dark knight, eh? Could it be our resident Sith Lord (aka Jedi Knight that turned to the dark side?)

Also, when are we going to search BJ's room?

Steve

i don't get it, brickster. who knew you had a gun with you? is there anybody you know on this train, or somebody that knows you, might have heard of you? why did you take your gun with you, even tho it isn't allowed?

withholding evidence is a crime, by the way... i'm not happy not telling this to the security officer... after all, your gun IS the murder weapon, what makes you suspect number one. even more, we need to inform the authorities in case the gun gets off the train in some way...

Let the Belgian Detective stay free for now. His mission is pure, and his thoughts are not clouded with the guilt of murder. Let us instead wonder who would know that Brickster would bring his gun and would arrange a fine time to steal it. Also, though we had talked about it before, its good to remember that the using of the revolver would probably be for framing, and less an indication of preference of weapon.

Now if you will pardon, there were some breezy areas of the train I was going to check. This just keeps getting more and more curious.

Akkh

Brickster states, "I hire out my services for those in need and bring my gun for survival, but I didn't kill those men. As far as I know, no one knew that I had my gun with me because I left it in my suit case. Maybe it's pure speculation that someone assumed that a gunfighter would carry a gun and stole it to incriminate me as the murderer. But I'm telling you the truth that I didn't do it".

Akkhraziel asks that you follow him toward the end of the train were there is an open railing. You make your way through many train cars to finally reach the last car. A small door is at the train's end for smokers and others wanting fresh air. You open the door and are standing by the outer railing.

After reading all 7 pages of this I...

have absolutely no idea who did it! :-D ;)

(it would be cool if I did it though, but I would use a bow, not a gun) *wacko*

Guys,

After all those posts, I think its time for a little resume of facts and clues :

The two first victims:

They were shot with the same gun (found at the scene).

Both were pirates.

About victim 1

Money per se is not the motive because Phes still had hiss gold coins. Also Phes was found with an unstamped train ticket and a compass. However his cutlass is missing.

About victim 2:

A scratch of paper with written on it:

I personally think that that photo of the set with two pirates (one of them Phes's sigfig) and a woman pirate is literally all three of the murdered people. I think Phes knew the maid that was murdered.

Jay,

The analogy seems attracting, but we haven't linked the minute maid ( :D ) to the 2 dead pirates.

We really need to find clues to open the safe deposit box, that would maybe provide this link. Were can we start our investigation????

We definitly need to know who occupied Snefroe's room before him.

Lets talk to the train "manager" shall we??

As you stand within the last car with the door open breathing the fresh Alpine air, the sun goes down quietly while an older woman dressed in housekeeper attire approaches you.

She says, "My name is Maria, I was friend to Rosa. I think she was shot because she saw something she was not suppose to. He give her gift to keep her quiet. She was going to tell me after her shift, but he kill her before. He is malvado, a diablo *devil* . You must find him and stop him before he do this again. I must go now".

Maria leaves the car abruptly and you are left with yet another clue. What is the gift she speaks of...

We definitly need to know who occupied Snefroe's room before him.

Lets talk to the train "manager" shall we??

Xwingyoda, BloodyJay, The Brickster, and Sarg Kulo attempt to find the "train manager" to answer this question. Before reaching Guest Services, you run in to the Security Officer who you decide to ask.

"Most of our passengers boarded the train during our inital departure from London. Snefroe was a member of this initial group of passengers. We checked this out though and the last time his room was used was last month by a young German newlywed couple by the name of Joseph and Inge Gramann", he answers.

The Security Officer also tells, "you must assure me that you will conduct your investigation quietly and with minimum disruption to our guests and staff. Very few people know what has occured and it is critical that you do not alarm others in any way. If our passengers or staff start hearing about these murders and your investigation, the negative publicity could put our train line out of business. Now let me leave you, Poirot is on tonight".

The Joseph and Inge Gramann part has no visible connection to the murders. As for the gift; do the maids have living quarters? I'd like to find where she kept her belongings, especially her valuables, and search there. And Brickster; very fitting choice of television show. ;)

Akkhraziel and XWingYoda remind Bloody Jay that they've searched Rosa's room already.

from a previous post:

Akkhraziel and XWingYoda go inside the room while you watch from the doorway. The room is quite ordinary but there is a small closet where the housekeeper kept her clothes, shoes, and a few personal belongings. On the upper shelf is a sweater that you pick up, discovering a small jewelry box that the sweater was covering. You place the jewelry box on the bed and open it.

The box contains some lipstick, a hairbrush, a few dollars, a rosary, a thick gold bracelet with the initials I.F., and some small prayers written in Spanish. Aside from these items, the room is empty.

I must ask...What was the murdered maid's name?

I suspect the give given for secrecy was the bracelet, unless the murderer took it back. He does have a tendency to take things (cutlass, pistol), so it's possible he's taken back the gift as well.

As for a connection between the deceased...the maid did not serve on the train her whole life. It is possible she may have once been a servant for one of the deceased men.

This gift could be an important clue linking Rosa to the two dead pirates.

However I doubt it because Maria says that Rosa was killed because she knew too much.

On the other hand, we need to find this gift because it could provide the identity of the killer/s. This gift should be some special item because the killer did not take Phes's money bag.

Darkie gives a nice hypothesis about Rosa:

Either Rosa was just a maid aboard this train, had no previous connections whatsoever with any characters on the train (which would be too simple), or she had a dark secret and did not board this journey by pure luck.

Look at her actions: she was siging "Salve regina mater misericordiae" & "Vita dulcedo et spes nostra" song before her murder. If she was that innocent why would she be praying like that knowing the fact that the killer gave her a gift for her silence. That does not make any sense.

Rosa knew something deeper than what she told Maria - we definitly need more investigating on that Rosa character. We definitly need to talk to the "train manager" about her past, when was she hired to work here, why her...

i thought the gift was the bracelet...

what i would like to know about the code is this: is there any logic behind the three digits or is it really farfetched?

i suggest we search my room, 'cause i would also like to know what I brought with me. :P (I think i left my "eurobricks event badge" at home :P )

i think the killer just selected this particular box because no one else can open it, (this type of box was different to the rest, i recall) what is in it? perhaps the cutlass? after all, any one/room can be searched at some point; it's a constant risc to keep it in your room, the box, on the other hand, is save. I also think that the box should be sealed, so no one can open it without leaving traces. however, the best thing we can do is get it opened by a locksmith... that's what Poirot would do also :P

Concerning the safe deposit box, could that strange PO Box 70 is a coded way to open the box????

What was tha code again???

Ah yes: 93464

Could it be 934, 346 or 464????

I mean this PO Box clue is not for anything, plus add a play on word with the term Box (PO Box and Safe Deposit Box) - obvious isn't it ;)

I wonder if this will lead to anything?????

Xwingyoda goes back to the safe deposit boxes to attempt a few more combinations. He tries 934, 346, and 464. They do not work.

You go to Guest Services to seek out the train manager who you meet for the first time to answer some of your questions. He introduces himself as Mike Lall, Operations Manager of Lego Express. He thanks you for your help in this investigation and working with Pete Falklin, the Security Officer.

To answer your question, "Rosa was an employee of our train line long before I started; well over ten years now. She was a very pleasant woman, but quiet and very religious. We have no idea why someone would have a motive to kill her. Have you discovered anything during your investigation"?

OK, that combination idea lead to a dead end (oh well, it was worth a try).

At least now we can be more or less confident that Rosa did not know her killer (except if he/she was a regular of Lego Express).

I think it would be a good idea to try and find out if the train company kept records of previous passengers to see if some are regulars (the train goes to a convention, maybe this convention is held each year??).

this way we would be certain of the motive of Rosa's killer.

OK, that combination idea lead to a dead end (oh well, it was worth a try).

At least now we can be more or less confident that Rosa did not know her killer (except if he/she was a regular of Lego Express).

I think it would be a good idea to try and find out if the train company kept records of previous passengers to see if some are regulars (the train goes to a convention, maybe this convention is held each year??).

this way we would be certain of the motive of Rosa's killer.

i've already asked the staff about passenger's histories and they say said they didn't recognise any , they're too involved to their jobs, they don't really notice passengers...

i don't think we can find records on the train...

has it also occured to you, Master Yoda, that we're really lousy detectives? 3 murders and we haven't even come close to solving one :P

Indeed, we are lousy detectives, which in a way is fun, because it keeps the thread going ;)

Imagine, we found nothing concerning clues of the first victim: the unstamped train ticket - who was it for???

As to the rest, we are at level 0, a lot of clues but no connections *wacko*

Probably the train manager won't have records of past passengers, but there is still a radio or cell phone he could use to find out that info ;)

We really need to know if Rosa's murder occured to silence her off.

Indeed, we are lousy detectives, which in a way is fun, because it keeps the thread going ;)

Imagine, we found nothing concerning clues of the first victim: the unstamped train ticket - who was it for???

As to the rest, we are at level 0, a lot of clues but no connections *wacko*

perhaps it's allowed to buy vowels in this game? :P :P

or it would be really great if the killer would be so kind to give himself up; surely he must know by now, that we're fooling around with him and pick him out whenever we want to...

this will be our line, Master Yoda: we're pretending to be lousy detectives... it's an act to get the killer :P :P

if you're asking me, Phes and Blackbeard were shot by Mr. M, Rosa saw the proof of that and was bribed. knowing that she would talk anyway, he killed her too... however, Mr.M wasn't aboard when the first murder took place, so Blackbeard must have killed Phes, Mr. M killed Blackbeard.

so i would like to see Mr. M's room and i give you guys permission to search my room...

perhaps we could hold a s

The bracelet had the initials I.F. on it. In spanish, 'j's are often soft, and pronounced as 'i's. It could well be that the Bracelet is a gift from Jon Fett...

Has anyone just tried to force the lock on the saftey deposit box, or tried...bypassing it in other ways. It 's not too difficult to byapss a lock.

Hrm. Going to have to think on this one. Oh, I am fine if anyone wishes to search my room.

And what do you mean lousy detectives ? I just got on the train and was happy to find something more entertaining than a movie.

Also, I think seances are out, I made a promise no to use any psychic powers when I got on the train. Now whether or not I've violated that...you'll only learn when you figure out who the murderer is.

Though I have to admit, snefroe's theopry of more than one person doing the killing makes sense. Additionally, the maid that was killed seemed to know that death was intimate. What had she seen or done...who was this gift giver...hrm.

Akkh

IF could stand for Imperial Fleet. They definitely want pirates out of the way.

Still, if we suspect JonFett, I think we should search his room. Additionally, I believe they wanted to search my room as well.