Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Lego Express Part 2

Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Question 2: Who Committed the Murder?

• The sleuth-like viking warrior Bloody Jay
    • Pirate hunter with a death wish, Sarg Kulo
    • The lady-killing furry midget Darth Ewok
    • The impetuous but instinctive Wolf Man
    • The calm and brave brick-trader Athos
    • Big Wig JonFett
    • The puppet master and title-giving French Green Jedi
    • Outlaw and "Belgian-detective-on-the-side" Brickster
    • Mister M, not on this list...

Snoefroe attempts to unlock the box with a combination of 230. It does not work.

After much discussion regarding which room to search, you've decided that you will first search the housekeeper's room and the Security Officer has permitted this.

Akkhraziel and XWingYoda go inside the room while you watch from the doorway. The room is quite ordinary but there is a small closet where the housekeeper kept her clothes, shoes, and a few personal belongings. On the upper shelf is a sweater that you pick up, discovering a small jewelry box that the sweater was covering. You place the jewelry box on the bed and open it.

The box contains some lipstick, a hairbrush, a few dollars, a rosary, a thick gold bracelet with the initials I.F., and some small prayers written in Spanish. Aside from these items, the room is empty.

do we know any one with the initials I F? why would she have a golden bracelet?

i'd like to see blackbeard's room now. i'll think about the maid's room later... security officier... officer... where are you? i'd like to see another room, now... :P

I.F. could that be a latinization of Jon Fett? Since J would be an I, in Latin, right? Maybe he's having an affair with the maid?

Steve

After getting sick on the horrible fish served on the train, and spending well near a lifetime in the bathroom, I finally feel better and I come out of my compartment to see what is going on.

Hello everyone. I heard some strange noises and wondered what was going on out here. I also just spoke with a train attendent and he filled me in on what has been happening.

I have reason to suspect a killer who is not present. Though I won't say who yet. My thought leans toward a fellow who wants pirates out of the way. Phes insisted that caribbean pirates were the only great pirates. Blackbeard historically was a british man who later became one such pirate. This seems to point toward England.

Also, what has been done with the bodies?

We also have the musical link. Its either a tie in to the latin theme that has been commented on before, or it is in fact a tie in with Evita...which ties it to Madonna...but also Argentina. Argentina, if memory serves me correctly, had a number of German immigrants. Is one of our suspect German ?

Also, is the room, does it appear that a trajectory can be found for the gunshot ?

Akkh

The security officer states, "both your pirate friend Blackbeard and Rosa were found shot to death on their beds; bullets to the heart. Both rooms were thoroughly cleaned since we don't want to alarm our passengers. My guess is that the murderer knocked on their doors sometime during the night and shot them when they answered. No signs of forced entry were visible and we keep our room keys secure".

"The bodies of all three victimes are locked in the mailroom. I can show them to you, but there's not much to see. Each victim had a single bullet wound to the chest. The murder weapon was a classic Smith & Wesson .44 with an 8" barrel- the kind of gun that American cowboys used. Ashamed it got stolen. I just hope that it's not in the hands of the murderer; otherwise, he/she may strike again. We've got us a clever one, we do", he adds.

"I'll take you to Blackbeard's room now".

Blackbeard's room appears to be very much like your own. You search the closet to find some clothing, normal personal belongings, and some ski gear. In the pocket of one of the shirts is a small picture of set 6250. Other than this, the room is empty.

"Oh, I should probably mention this to you", the security officer says quietly to SuvieD; "One of our initial suspects was JonFett. When conducting a background check, we discovered that he had some links to organized crime figures and went by the alias "Big Wig". We're going to let the authorities know when we get to Prague, but I'm watching him closely".

The security officer seems to have a slight hearing problem and talks loud enough that most of you can hear him whispering. "Is there any other place you want to go? Columbo is on tonight", he adds.

Uh oh, I'm not real happy with that cowboy reference! 8-|

6250 Don't know what this means.

Check out the reviews page. Does anyone recognize any names on it?

Steve

How come Im not in the story?

I think jipay killed everyone on the train. Hes the evil one...

Uh oh, I'm not real happy with that cowboy reference! 8-|

6250 Don't know what this means.

Check out the reviews page. Does anyone recognize any names on it?

Steve

the set shows three men with a map to look for a treasure. my guess is that these three pirates were on the way to retreave their treasure when one decided he could have it all...

That set also features two men and one woman...precisely the same number of victims we currently have.

Hrm.

It does seem odd that two men and a woman are in that set. All three are dead. No, treasure map to be heard of. A missing sword and worse yet a half loaded gun. :oo Things still point to a strong Spanish influence of the middle America area. I think we need a little more info before we begin accusing people.

Athos you cannot deny that you are a gun slinging cowboy. There is a missing gun and not to accuse you but may we search your room? |:|

Athos you cannot deny that you are a gun slinging cowboy. There is a missing gun and not to accuse you but may we search your room?

Well I can deny I'm a gunslinging cowboy. I'm actually a Musketeer. And since I do not have any idea what is in my room anymore than the rest of you, I'd like to search it myself first. 8-|

Steve

Tension and suspicion is high within your group. What do you know about one another, and what do you know about the murders? You have clues within your grasp and other clues may be hidden in other places...

Your next room search is conducted in Athos's room by his eager consent. The room is an upgrade, a more spacious room than that of your own. Appears that this Musketeer does well in his brick trading. Within the large closet is various "musketeer-like" clothing, an ornate cape, and a leather hat with a large white feather, upturned side, and a gold buckle.

Aside from his ornate collection of clothing, the room is empty.

Ah ha! Told you so... Now to change into my ornate clothing:

athos.jpg

Uh oh! Now I'm carrying a cutlass! 8-|

Steve

The security officer looks at Athos rather suspiciously and says, "Mmmm, seems to me that we have us another suspect. I could see a musketeer such as yourself liking fancy swords".

Who among you would have a motive to kill pirates? What clues do you have in your possession and what do they reveal. More mystery aboard the Lego Express.

New members: please feel free to hop aboard the Mystery Murder Train at any time to help solve the mystery... :^^D

I'd like to search your room, Brickster - Mr. Wild West. Your weapon of choice would be the revolver (with the obvious hint of 'the kind cowboys used', it leads even more towards you).

The Brickster is quite taken back that you wish to search his room but agrees if you must.

The Security Officer has left you and the time is approximately 9:00 in the evening.

You walk toward Brickster's room noticing that his anxiety is increasing. He unlocks the door for you and Bloody Jay quickly goes to his closet. He finds a black leather western hat with silver trim, a few black shirts, a pair of black crocodile western boots, and a small leather suitcase that Brickster says contains his personal belongings. Nothing else is in the room.

This case is all about motive.

First, we have the murder of two pirates. Since pirates sail the seas and engage in (albeit a in a slightly different form) piracy, they will inevitably be in conflict with each other. Further, in the eyes of the unwashed uneducated masses, Vikings and Pirates are the same (or if not identical, very similar). Economically, the two themes (pirates and vikings) cannot co-exist. One theme will draw consumers away from the other and split the market. Thus while there are Pirates in existance, there can be no Vikings. Ipso Facto, the murder must want to eliminate the pirates to hasten the rise of the Norsemen!

Now we come to the heart of the matter. I ask you, who among us is a Viking fan? Nay, who among us is a "Viking Junky?" Who among us has the word "Bloody" in his name? I submit to you the killer is Bloody Jay!

I call for a search of his room!

Steve

It was only a matter of time before such prejudice was thrown into the open, Athos! To be certain, Phes was an enemy of mine - but the revolver? The stolen blade? I have no use for such tinker toys when I have fine Viking steel!

However, I will allow this search, however heinous it might be.

Perhaps the killer is not on the train as Snefroe said could it be that another guest is on board?

Though the brickster's response to Bloody Jay's request made him quite nervous. Is it because he is hiding something in that suitcase or is it the he fears bloody jay is the killer and doesn't want to be alone with him?

It was odd that he new all the words to that song. Yet I can't help but feel someone else is involved or is the killer.

why can't we just do an entire systematic search of the train? we still need to have the gun and Phes' toy; i think we'd be a lot safer if we do that...

It was only a matter of time before such prejudice was thrown into the open, Athos! To be certain, Phes was an enemy of mine - but the revolver? The stolen blade? I have no use for such tinker toys when I have fine Viking steel!

However, I will allow this search, however heinous it might be.

I have no use for such tinker toys when I have fine Viking steel!

Are talking a lovely pattern weld ? I do love a good pattern weld. Perhaps we should talk, assuming niether of us gets arrested for this abysmal murder thing. Fortunatly, mind bullets are hard to trace...

As an aside, Akkh has actually gotten to hold a viking piece from around 1000 A.D. that was owned by a private collector. A fabulous piece of work, still flexible to this day.

In any event, back to the murder at hand, so to speak, is there an open air deck or railing at the rear of any of the cars ? If so, I'd like to search those carefully. Call it a small pyschic creatures hunch.

Akkh

Bloody Jay is very insistent upon searching the contents of The Brickster's small suitcase. Brickster picks up the suitcase, places it on the bed, and undoes the latches. Pop... The case opens.

Inside is some clothing items but resting in the center of the bag is a black leather gunslinger's belt with a single right-handed holster. Strangely, no gun is in the case.

Brickster has become very nervous and says, "I know you think I'm the murderer, but I didn't do it. The murder weapon is my gun but I didn't kill Phez, Blackbeard, or the housekeeper. Shortly after I was aboard the train, I found someone had burglarized by room and stole my gun. I didn't report it to train officials because bringing aboard fire arms is prohibited. Then the murders occured and I knew you would all blame me if you knew it was my gun".

In looking through his case, you also notice a small stack of business cards that say, "Have Gun Will Travel, Wire Paladin San Fransisco". The card has a small picture of a black knight chess piece.

"Please do not tell the Security Officer about the gun being mine. I will certainly be arrested and charged with the murders", the Brickster pleads.