Sign in to follow this  
Space Police XVIII

[moc] The last peaceful explorer

In the beginning there was the C-26 light transport.

26089563070_124eeac2ee_c.jpg

Courier, utility shuttle, small explorer, whatever; this quick and agile ship made for a very common sight throughout the fleet. In standard configuration it could carry two people, or one and a standard 2x2x2 cargo crate, with quick and responsive controls and overpowered engines that made it a pilot's favourite - and, of course, prime candidate for strapping on guns when the evil aliens arrived on scene.

Which resulted in the F-1 conversion fighter.

25757588964_8ef84a71ab_c.jpg

This ubiquitous eyesore lacked standardization and died in droves, being a basic C-26 whose passenger seat was replaced with shield generator and targeting computer, and front made pointy with whatever weapons could be scrounged up on short notice. Various enhancements were tried, eventually coalescing into the vision of the Fleet's first dedicated starfighter.

Enter the F-1a Barracuda, widely credited with fighting the filthy xenos to a standstill.

25757587304_ecedc1820a_c.jpg

This variant features a xeno-sourced cloaking device on the left of the cockpit (you can tell it's alien tech because it's got trans-neon green), advanced sensors and targeting, enhanced shielding and armor, improved weapons and engines, blah blah blah.

26336480236_b907f42f4d_c.jpg

Initial limited availability gave rise to the hunting pair, where we see a basic F-1 serving as bait while its enhanced brethren lay in wait, stealth fields engaged, to provide alien attackers with immediate negative reinforcement.

Eventually, along came the F-2 Rifleman.

26362423335_9697fca35b_c.jpg

Faster, stronger, named after a battlemech, it completely failed to eclipse its predecessor. The F-1a serves to this day with no retirement in sight, living proof of the timelessness of excellent design, its speed, agility and stealth making it an excellent patroller and vicious pack hunter.

Aaaand thanks for reading I forgot what else I was going to blab about.

I like first 2: 1st is Classic Space, 2nd more like Futuron/SP combo...3rd is SP3 vilains ship "clone".

I like these, you've shown the evolution from courier to starfighter well. I especially liked the back story to go along with each build.

Thanks, guys.

I tried adding a bumblebee stripe on someone's suggestion..then promptly buried it under missiles and other crap. Ah well, it's still sort of visible on one side!

26102607820_c8f9a03e27_c.jpg