Sign in to follow this  
Full Plate

Escaping Home

I just now noticed the use of AltBricks in the water. Genius! And once again, your trees are beautiful. Well done! :thumbup:

Thanks Graham! If it's not easily noticeable, I guess that's good :wink:

Awesome build! These trees of yours are fantastic, they are so natural. In most Mocs the trees are just the background but in this it is the centerpiece of the build!

Woah, that tree is insane! My brain hurts trying to figure out exactly what techniques you used. Very gorgeous build, the water, cliffside, tree and vegetation all combine into something quite pretty. As usual, your builds present a lot of style and uniqueness. The story is fun to read too!

I would echo Garmadon on the photo angles. I'd like to see an overall shot with the water corner facing the camera (like in the fourth photo, but with the whole MOC visible). This seems to be the main angle of the build. Perhaps use less direct light too, it seems to wash out some of the fantastic colors of this build. In any case, a very nice build, story and presentation!

Awesome build! These trees of yours are fantastic, they are so natural. In most Mocs the trees are just the background but in this it is the centerpiece of the build!

Oh my god! What a giant and detail tree!

Thanks! Glad you like it :classic:

Woah, that tree is insane! My brain hurts trying to figure out exactly what techniques you used. Very gorgeous build, the water, cliffside, tree and vegetation all combine into something quite pretty. As usual, your builds present a lot of style and uniqueness. The story is fun to read too!

I would echo Garmadon on the photo angles. I'd like to see an overall shot with the water corner facing the camera (like in the fourth photo, but with the whole MOC visible). This seems to be the main angle of the build. Perhaps use less direct light too, it seems to wash out some of the fantastic colors of this build. In any case, a very nice build, story and presentation!

Thanks ME for the high praise! :classic:

I agree with you and Garmadon about the angles, and I will be trying to be more conscious about that in future builds. I'm also working on upgrading my photo setup to have something more reliable. Right now I'm just photographing in direct sunlight.

Beautiful scenery! I really like how you put some plants on the water and the colour changes between those plants and the plants on the cliff. And your tree techinque is mind blowing! :thumbup:

Right now I'm just photographing in direct sunlight.

Ah, you should try shooting in the shade next time. I think you'll really enjoy the difference it makes when photographing MOCs, if you don't have a lighting setup.

Excellent landscaping and great use of those third-party leaves :classic:

As usual, those tree trunks are really impressive!

Edited by Gideon