oo7

Your First LEGO Set

I don't remember my first set. I think I started with just a box of random Lego pieces that were hand-me-downs from older cousins. This was in the 1970s. But I also don't remember ever NOT having Legos. It seems like the toy was always my favorite thing as a child. Now I am older :) but it's still my favorite thing!

Umm…I don’t remember what set number or name but I do remember what it looked like. It was a very small set in early 2000s. It was a Castle-themed set. It had one knight / solider with bow and arrow riding a white horse. It had a gray single-molded build (it had a tiny open window) with three 1x2 bricks atop.

My first set was the 6434 Roadside Repair set that my grandpa got for me at age 8. May he rest in peace. Ever since I was a child, my favorite types of town-related sets were ones centered around the auto industry, so this set was a pretty big deal to me when I first got it. 

lego-6434-1_xlarge.jpg

Edited by The Brick Boss

6502 Turbo Racer

The pride and joy of having flexible hoses that came in this set was beyond description at that time.

And I've just realized that it's almost exactly 35 years since I got it, it happened some time late in August before the end of summer holidays. :classic:

On 8/15/2023 at 9:20 PM, Lion King said:

Umm…I don’t remember what set number or name but I do remember what it looked like. It was a very small set in early 2000s. It was a Castle-themed set. It had one knight / solider with bow and arrow riding a white horse. It had a gray single-molded build (it had a tiny open window) with three 1x2 bricks atop.

6026-01.jpg

Is this the set? Everything except the bow and arrow is there.

On 8/18/2023 at 2:14 AM, Lego Nostalgia said:

My first Lego set was set 7241 and I miss the era of Lego city from 2005-2012 because those really were the good days.

I agree with you. City sets from that time period and maybe up to 2016 were almost like a second golden era. We still get some good City sets but they're quite few and far between.

On 8/19/2023 at 1:17 AM, SpacePolice89 said:

6026-01.jpg

Is this the set? Everything except the bow and arrow is there.

No i dont’ think so. That set was released in 1993, according to BrickLink. I only got a small Castle set in early 200s when there was King Leo minifigure introduced in that theme. 

On 1/2/2010 at 11:15 PM, Peppermint_M said:

x1188cx1.gif

:tongue:

That is still knocking around the house. I can always remember it being there and as the oldest it was certainly mine, and I was born in 88, a year before they stopped producing it...

That was more than likely the very first Lego Product I ever had.

Oof, I posted in here 13 years and change ago. 

Time flies and I still love that duck!

When I was 11, Christmas morning was extra special. My uncle, known for his great taste in gifts, handed me a package with a wink. "You'll want to open this one," he said. I tore off the wrapping paper and found my very first LEGO set: the Fire Brigade! I spent the rest of the day immersed in building it, transforming our living room into a mini fire station. That day, I discovered the magic of LEGO.