Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The whole trailer fiasco is incredibly disappointing. I don't know about anyone else, but I stayed up all night to watch the livestream.

Very upset with the way the marketing for this film is being handled. This exact same thing happened with Suicide Squad and BvS.

No fan should be forced to watch a low-quality recording of a trailer in the name of exclusivity.

Regardless, the LEGO panels should hopefully be much less disappointing. Even if we don't see any new sets.

Is this not it or have I missed something?

By the way having just watched this there are lots of seemingly new scenes and action shots. It was posted today and I've not seen any of this before.

It may contain spoilers so please don't watch if you're concerned about that but I'm also not sure there's anything new to this with regards to possible sets.

No mobile phones or other devices were used or harmed in the recording and release of this footage.

Edited by Robianco

Already posted.

No problem. I've not seen it posted previously but with the kerfuffle regarding apparent secrecy I wasn't sure.

Is this not it or have I missed something?

That's just the BTS sizzle reel. It was also uploaded on the official Star Wars YouTube channel.

We're talking about the trailer that was promised by ABC, yet only shown exclusively at Celebration.

Now I feel bad for pushing the livestream hype so hard. It clearly wasn't what it was supposed to be.

Edited by Nokturn

I will let you guys know quickly tomorrow if anything is shown at the LEGO Star Wars panel at Celebration. They are giving out A-Wing polybags and they have the latest sets on display (plus a massive Death Star display!) The 'Rogue One' panel was absolutely awesome! Everyone at the celebration stage got the new poster which shows a land battle between Rebels and Imps with the Death Star looming ominously in the sky above :)

Edited by Renegade Clone

I was at the Celebration earlier and the shuttle is more of a dark gray. It's a really nice design and I hope we get a set of it, along with the TIE Striker.

Which is funny, because the leaked sets (should they truly be final designs) show that it's a black ship.

Gee, where have I heard of this black/dark bley confusion issue happening before?

Edited by Penkid11

Did anyone else notice the spoiler that the actor playing Baze let slip during the panel? I'm not going to repeat it here, and I'm not sure how many would have picked it up with his very strong accent and limited english (oh and hats off to Gwendoline Christie for handling it perfectly by not reacting and moving straight on).

Did anyone else notice the spoiler that the actor playing Baze let slip during the panel? I'm not going to repeat it here, and I'm not sure how many would have picked it up with his very strong accent and limited english (oh and hats off to Gwendoline Christie for handling it perfectly by not reacting and moving straight on).

I caught it but I thought I misheard him but watching the others facial expressions I knew I heard him right lol Star Wars YouTube channel has that video set to private now so no one can go back and rewatch it

I hope the actor didn't get into to much trouble for it

Edited by Squarefoot_Calrissian

I've had a request for the spoiler so I'll enter it below, while I think it's a fairly significant plot detail I wouldn't get too excited...

Wen Jiang (Baze) let slip while discussing his character's relationtionship to Donnie Yen's character (Chirrup) That Chirrup believes in the force while Baze does not, but after he (Chirrup) dies, Baze becomes 'good' which I'm guessing means he starts to believe in the force. Perhaps it is not surprising that some of the team won't make it during this galactic heist but I do not think that this detail was supposed to be divulged at this stage!

Edited by Brickr

That spoiler is huge. I recommend that everyone avoid it if possible. It's going to be all over the internet, unfortunately.

Edited by Nokturn

That spoiler is huge. I recommend that everyone avoid it if possible. It's going to be all over the internet, unfortunately.

Happy to delete if that's the common consensus.

Surprisingly I haven't seen anything about it on the Internet as of yet.. The only place I've seen it was IGN but I agree if you can avoid it them avoid it. Personally I don't mind spoilers I enjoy them actually but I know everyone doesn't share my same mentality

I've had a request for the spoiler so I'll enter it below, while I think it's a fairly significant plot detail I wouldn't get too excited...

Wen Jiang (Baze) let slip while discussing his character's relationtionship to Donnie Yen's character (Chirrup) That Chirrup believes in the force while Baze does not, but after he (Chirrup) dies, Baze becomes 'good' which I'm guessing means he starts to believe in the force. Perhaps it is not surprising that some of the team won't make it during this galactic heist but I do not think that this detail was supposed to be divulged at this stage!

I guess that's why he's in the cheapest set. :tongue:

I for one appreciate that you are using spoiler tags for what seems to be a big development. Thank you for being considerate of the rest of us. We all know there is risk being on the internet and reading spoilers, but you all are doing a good job here. (At least right now :grin: )

I for one appreciate that you are using spoiler tags for what seems to be a big development. Thank you for being considerate of the rest of us. We all know there is risk being on the internet and reading spoilers, but you all are doing a good job here. (At least right now :grin: )

While I don't care for spoilers this time round, doing a good job? Of what... being off topic?

2016 set discussion....please.

Talk about celebration in a topic where it belongs, not in the rumors topic. This isn't a really difficult request.

Apologies, there's just a dry spell of information that's sure to be cured in the next few days with the rest of SW:CE coming up. Not to mention SDCC and the supposed Death Star reveal.

Does anybody know, when Lego panel starts?

i believe around 2.15pm gmt, but not sure if it is going to be streamed, if anyone knows where it can be watched please share the link.

i believe around 2.15pm gmt, but not sure if it is going to be streamed, if anyone knows where it can be watched please share the link.

Lego Panel isn't being streamed. The Panel with Anthony Daniels is being streamed from 2-4 pm.

Lego Panel isn't being streamed. The Panel with Anthony Daniels is being streamed from 2-4 pm.

Taking photos is allowed or not?