Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'd like a playset again. But instead of being shaped like the Death Star,it would be built in a more playset manner.

Seeing that it's a UCS set though a display piece is very likely.

I'd like a playset again. But instead of being shaped like the Death Star,it would be built in a more playset manner.

I would prefer it if it had an outer shell, but it opens up to reveal the inside, which has some play features, for the people that like them.

Any words on the price?

Uh can't we get a Death Star that it's not a UCS set?? :look: I mean not the whole thing but parts of it.Guess the Final Duel is the closest thing we'll ever get.

Edited by LOTR34

Uh can't we get a Death Star that it's not a UCS set?? :look: I mean not the whole thing but parts of it.Guess the Final Duel is the closest thing we'll ever get.

Yeah, talk about an unexploited potential for Lego Star Wars sets.

This would be my preference too. Something like BaronSat's version based on the Kenner Micro Collection playsets. Considering the fact that the Ewok Village was based on the Kenner set it is a possibility.

Yep. The news is from here lol

:blush: Woof. Well, what's a day without feeling like an idiot at least once? Forgive me, everyone.

I would prefer it if it had an outer shell, but it opens up to reveal the inside, which has some play features, for the people that like them.

Any words on the price?

That would be great. Hope to get some more information in the near future!

I might just pick up the Bacon of Takodana for myself. If I don't, definitely will for my brother.

There are two sets next year I decided I will definitely get, it's battle of Takodana (both for the minifigs and the acutall set, which is pretty rare for me that I'm satisfied with both) and Kanan Jarrus speeder (just for the creates =) )

Then I will buy just the Ugnaught figure from the carbon freezer, I think the construction is kind of cool, but I wouldn't buy it if it's just one minifig that I appreciate, I'm tired of Bobbas and carbon freezed Han's

By the way, they didn't release a single new jedi charachter from the previous movies last year, it would be a shame if they don't do it this year (hope for Oppo Rancisis and Yarael Poof

There are two sets next year I decided I will definitely get, it's battle of Takodana (both for the minifigs and the acutall set, which is pretty rare for me that I'm satisfied with both) and Kanan Jarrus speeder (just for the creates =) )

Then I will buy just the Ugnaught figure from the carbon freezer, I think the construction is kind of cool, but I wouldn't buy it if it's just one minifig that I appreciate, I'm tired of Bobbas and carbon freezed Han's

By the way, they didn't release a single new jedi charachter from the previous movies last year, it would be a shame if they don't do it this year (hope for Oppo Rancisis and Yarael Poof

Knowing TLG, all I can say is keep dreaming :wacko:

Personally I think the UCS set decision was a miss oppertunity for lego... They should have more sets and a UCS set based on TFA! That movie has had more marketing then anything I have seen before! Just my two cents though.

a new death star so soon after the last one will probably be a disaster for those resellers who have 55 of them in storage waiting to sell them for double the price. who'd want to buy the old one then?

a new death star so soon after the last one will probably be a disaster for those resellers who have 55 of them in storage waiting to sell them for double the price. who'd want to buy the old one then?

Good. Serves them right for buying a bunch of them just so they can rip people off.

I don't mind someone selling an extra set they received by either a gift or bought mistakenly and trying to get fair market price for it. However, when someone buys a bunch of them (in turn taking those sales from legitimate LEGO fans) with the intention to scalp, I have no sympathy for them if they get burned.

One thing to consider is that the new Death Star may not be a complete redesign. There's a good chance we could just be looking at a re-release with minor alterations - the minifigures more detailed, some pieces substituted with modern parts, but the overall set being identical to before. Remember the situation with the Winter Village Toy Shop this year:

10199-1.jpg?200905080732

10249-1.jpg?201508180157

Good. Serves them right for buying a bunch of them just so they can rip people off.

I don't mind someone selling an extra set they received by either a gift or bought mistakenly and trying to get fair market price for it. However, when someone buys a bunch of them (in turn taking those sales from legitimate LEGO fans) with the intention to scalp, I have no sympathy for them if they get burned.

Id agree with you on scalping if it were a limited run, poorly distributed action figure line like MOTUC or star wars black series ... but Lego? How does a guy who buys 19 death stars taking those sales from fans? Lego sets are among the most available, if not THE most available, toys out there. Whoever wants or wanted a particular set has ample time and opportunity to do so. But yeah, it's a good policy to re-release older sets I think. Playmobil has been doing it a lot recently.

Hello everyone! I am new in the forum, I just became a huge fan of LEGO, well I already was a fan when I was a kid, but I come back from the dark side when my girlfriend gave me the Lego Naboo fighter on my 25th birthday (about a month ago), and now I just can't stop with this LEGO Star Wars hobby!

So I was wondering when are the new sets coming out??

One thing to consider is that the new Death Star may not be a complete redesign. There's a good chance we could just be looking at a re-release with minor alterations - the minifigures more detailed, some pieces substituted with modern parts, but the overall set being identical to before.

Sure it's possible, but I somewhat doubt TLG would miss an opportunity to make more sales (to those who already have the old set) by doing just a re-release with minor updates when the old one is barely retired yet. They might as well just keep churning out the old DS with a few swapped out parts in the same package if that's what they were going for, seeing how it's obviously still selling just fine.

Hello everyone! I am new in the forum, I just became a huge fan of LEGO, well I already was a fan when I was a kid, but I come back from the dark side when my girlfriend gave me the Lego Naboo fighter on my 25th birthday (about a month ago), and now I just can't stop with this LEGO Star Wars hobby!

So I was wondering when are the new sets coming out??

The 2016 wave will be coming between January - February next year although some of the sets have already been released in some countries!

The 2016 wave will be coming between January - February next year although some of the sets have already been released in some countries!

I'd imagine that (certainly in the UK) everywhere will have them on sale by December 26th for the start of the post-Christmas shopping boom at the latest. Dunno if Boxing Day sales are quite so big of a deal elsewhere in the world.