So I have always wanted to build a RC motorcycle but didn't know how to, until YouTuber Slewentogzz showed two working designs. I built it Friday the 13th:grin: in one long afternoon. It isn't modeled after anything special, it was mainly an experiment with building a bodied rc motorcycle. This is my second working design. It uses a weight that is shifted from side to side for the steering with free to move front forks. The video doesn't make itself justice; they do work, it's just that it's difficult to control and film; you have to build one yourself.

Functions:

-propulsion - Buggy motor

-steering - servo

-battery box - AAA box

-receiver - PF IR v1 (this servo didn't work with my v2)

-full suspension

The video:

Some pictures:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpgRWER.png

I hope you like it! :classic:

Edited by Epic Technic

cool bike :) slewentogzz has been a pioneer eheh

Edited by piterx

Very nice. I recall once I saw someone balanced a motorcycle with EV3 gyro, but of course bulky and not a detailed model.

I saw that with the implement of servos lots of bikers are running along youtube! :laugh: this is an older video than yours and that motorbike works better, but I think that the problems are two: too big balancing weight, offroad wheels (they reduce stability) also this motorcicle has a lower gravity point, I don't want to embeed the video, this is your topic with your great motorbike, and the link is only another motorbike from which you can understand how to upgrade yours! good job epic

I saw that with the implement of servos lots of bikers are running along youtube! :laugh: this is an older video than yours and that motorbike works better, but I think that the problems are two: too big balancing weight, offroad wheels (they reduce stability) also this motorcicle has a lower gravity point, I don't want to embeed the video, this is your topic with your great motorbike, and the link is only another motorbike from which you can understand how to upgrade yours! good job epic

As I said in the OP, I was inspired and got the ideas from Slewentogzz ;) I sadly only have offroad wheels but don't let the size of my weight confuse you its just a few metal magnet balls, it actually weighs about the same as a weighted brick, its just that I don't have one available.

Guys you should remember that SLEWENTOGZZ is the true genius behind the steering.

My motobike stays upright even when its not moving... http://rebrickable.com/mocs/JM1971/honda-atc

Seriously though I would never of though of using a moving weight to steer a bike, I tried to make a 2 wheeled bike once and it was terrible so I cheated and went with 3 wheels, it so difficult to do a 2 wheeled bike, kudos.