gamejutzu

Overlooked details on the Ninjago minifigures

Grrrrrrr.... Chinese is my native and unfortunately these don't work for me. Perhaps sort of hieroglyphic writings?

"龍神" is the most typical and standard writing here. I can see "惡" (evil), "斗" (similiar with "鬥", fight). I don't think 羊, 山, 平 relate to their elements, maybe these are something else.

"龍神" is the most typical and standard writing here. I can see "" (evil), "" (similiar with "", fight). I don't think , , relate to their elements, maybe these are something else.

Yup, Garmadon and Sensei's symbols can probably be deciphered, and they even share a few symbols. Morro's symbol is already evil it's just that the last three are quite the puzzle.

There's sheep, mountain and flat. The only one I see working is "sheep" since Jay kind of is one. And Kai is anything but flat. But the fusaka on the other hand, is extremely accurate to the figs.

龍神? You mean the dragon gods? I never paid real attention to that ever since LEGO themselves said what it was.

(looks way more authentic when you bold them :P)

Edited by gamejutzu

But either way, it definitely looks like it's some sort of borrowing animal - those two little nubs look extremely like incisors.

Unfortunately, It looks like it's a gorilla.

Confirmed proof LEGO just made up the side animals.

Why a gorilla??

On the plus side, it looks like Zane's animal appears to have fur spike up at the back similar to Sonic, so an ice cat likely possible.

Gotcha...I just pictured a frozen kitten

Lol, you're supposed to imagine Zane's current symbol, but from the side. It always looked like a tiger or something anyways.

Seriously though, is anyone else cheesed that Cole's symbol is a flipping gorilla? It was too simple, to easy, and most importantly

It didn't look ANYTHING like the original symbol. At. All.

Wait a minute...

ice tiger.

Tiger Widow... That means...

(X-Files theme plays)

Zane is Tiger Widow confirmed.

Edited by gamejutzu

Pretty sure "Tiger Widow" refers to the island's giant spiders (like the one that can be seen in the leaked pics).

Huh. Called it on the gorilla. :sceptic:

My first guess as to what Cole's animal would be, was "Gorilla,"...

Unfortunately, It looks like it's a gorilla.

Confirmed proof LEGO just made up the side animals.

Why a gorilla??

...since Gorillas have become short-hand for "generically strong"...

Pretty sure "Tiger Widow" refers to the island's giant spiders (like the one that can be seen in the leaked pics).

You know those purposely dumb Youtube videos with MLG and "confirmed" statements?

(If you haven't seen them, please save yourself and stay away)

I was just making a joke off that.

Huh. Called it on the gorilla. :sceptic:

What I mean is, do you actually like it? I don't.

Try and say with a straight face that the original badge and the new side angle badge are the same.

I can't. They could have been creative with this.

Edited by gamejutzu

You know those purposely dumb Youtube videos with MLG and "confirmed" statements?

(...)

I can't. They could have been creative with this.

I got the joke, don't worry :laugh:

And I too am not OK with the gorilla thing. Well actually not OK with the entire 'animals replace the symbols' thing, what is this, Chima!? :angry: It's not that animals are bad, but the (chosen) animals and ninja is just a very bad combination! The ice tiger is the only awesome one that more or less suitable. If handled correctly, I would have been fine with six supposedly legendary fictional Ninjago creatures (like we saw in the 'explore' section on the Ninjago website a few years back), but an Octopus, Lion and Gorilla....

six supposedly legendary fictional Ninjago creatures (like we saw in the 'explore' section on the Ninjago website a few years back)

You mean for Ninjago's first wave? I never read Explore.. What are they?

And I too am not ok with the 'animals replace the symbols' thing, what is this, Chima!? :angry:

If handled correctly, I would have been fine with six supposedly legendary fictional Ninjago creatures, but an Octopus, Lion and Gorilla....

Actually, I think they were animals the entire time. It's just that Lego changed Cole's drastically, from something SO cool, to something so lame.

It's arguable that Jay's could have been an octo-cloud hybrid the entire time, since there are a few similarities.

And I have to say, Kai and Lloyd's are the most recognizable. You can instantly tell that one is a lion and one is a dragon by comparing the side and original image. It would have been cool if Lloyd kept his original ouroboros symbol, would be neat from a side angle.

But COLE'S though! There is almost ZERO similarities between front and side! It's ridiculous!! :damn:

Edited by gamejutzu

But COLE'S though! There is almost ZERO similarities between front and side! It's ridiculous!! :damn:

You keep saying that, but not only have we not gotten super-clear pictures of Cole's symbol (or most of the symbols, for that matter), but also, seems to me the biggest difference is that its mouth is closed on his previous badge and open on the new side-view one, same as Kai's, Zane's, or Lloyd's. Other than that, both versions feature ears/ridges behind and to the sides of the eyes, a ridge up on top of the head, and an angular chin. So it seems plenty believable to me that they could be the same creature.

Edited by Aanchir

we have not gotten super-clear pictures of Cole's symbol. it seems plenty believable to me that they could be the same creature.

His symbol is open in the pictures. A zoom in reveals it to be pretty much a gorilla honestly. Even if it (unlikely) isn't there is not much else to link it to.

both versions feature ears/ridges behind and to the sides of the eyes, a ridge up on top of the head, and an angular chin. So it seems plenty believable to me that they could be the same creature.

Arr, forget it, just google Cole's symbol, I can't put one up without text filling half the page.

How is it like what you described?

Those are possibly ears, but if they were gorilla ears than they would not look like that.

Angular chin? What chin?

All of the other creatures had some sort of elemental affiliation going on, like flames for Kai and water swishies for Nya. There aren't even cracks on Cole's.

Link to most of the 'explore' section creatures.

Like the bongo tiger and the ice polar bear? Unless there are more pictures that are not included, I don't think those would work.

Edited by gamejutzu

Why are gorillas considered lame? Sure, they may not be burrowing creatures, but they're strong, intelligent, and slow to attack (but when they do, you'd better watch out). It seems like the other symbols are also animals that have little to do with the specific element, but they're stylized to look elemental. I don't see how a lion is more fiery than a gorilla is earthy.

Also, this probably isn't an overlooked detail (and it's probably been discussed over and over, but I'm relatively new to the Ninjago fandom, so I hadn't seen it discussed), but I did like the clothing hint that young Lloyd was going to be the Green Ninja.

Why are gorillas considered lame? Sure, they may not be burrowing creatures, but they're strong, intelligent, and slow to attack (but when they do, you'd better watch out). It seems like the other symbols are also animals that have little to do with the specific element, but they're stylized to look elemental. I don't see how a lion is more fiery than a gorilla is earthy.

It's not that. Kai's symbol is pretty much the same as the original, quite happy with it. Lloyd's is identical as well. Jay's symbol already looked like an octo before.

Cole's looks NOTHING like his. You'd think LEGO had a species in mind when they made his logo. They messed up the coolest one!

I wasn't slandering gorillas, I was slandering that Cole's symbol could have been something else other than a gorilla that matched his symbol better.

Also, this probably isn't an overlooked detail (and it's probably been discussed over and over, but I'm relatively new to the Ninjago fandom, so I hadn't seen it discussed), but I did like the clothing hint that Lloyd was going to be the Green Ninja.

Yeah, when I first saw it, I was scratching my head on what it could mean. I thought it was just to show that Lloyd was only wearing pjammies and did not actually have his ribs sticking out of his chest.

Edited by gamejutzu

A very minuscule detail that only people with an actual figure could possibly notice, Titanium Zane has... Stuff on his visor. But it actually reads "PXL" backwards and what I think is an emoji face below it also backwards. Either way you see it, it just shows that P.I.X.A.L is still here. Nice touch from LEGO.

It's not an emoji, it is c:\ which is I think a reference to dos prompt and recall us it is robot talking

Thanks for the intel, it was very instructive

Edited by Perchu

It's not an emoji, it is c:\ which is I think a reference to dos prompt and recall us it is robot talking

Thanks for the intel, it was very instructive

Hmm, that is actually quite interesting. But what if there's the chance it was used for a double-sided and slightly comedic purpose as well? LEGO likes doing that stuff.

Another edit! This one is for anyone getting those golden scabbards.

Edited by gamejutzu

On 10/12/2015 at 4:14 PM, Exetrius said:

Perhaps you or someone else could tell me what the following symbols mean?

ninjago_nonsense.jpg.dfdf074e2a61e841f1ff9cdfc54f20e4.jpg

I know this is old, but for some reason this thread never seems to have fully synced up with this thread:  

TLDR: They aren't real characters, they're "asianish" roman letters similar to the typeface Fusaka Std (but rendered in a brushstroke style)

58ee4ec822f9c_ScreenShot2017-04-12at11_57_21AM.png.f82e7fcde545d33d1c42bc106902d715.png