Rick

10251 Brick Bank

I'm really excited about the brick bank. That new piece got me a bit hyped up to see the designer video already.......if we ever get one. :hmpf_bad:

My apologies, L@go... A friend e-mailed me that picture so I didn't know where he go it. To ensure all credit due, everyone, the new SNOT part photo is courtesy of L@go's Flickr account. I strongly urge you to check out his Flickrstream -- he's a terrific builder with some awesome MOCs...

Respectfully,

--Mr Bill

I think the designer video comes out on new year's day, thats what a Lego rep told me.

Set's due out on New Years Day, set will be out before the official designer video! :laugh:

Same with Ghostbusters HQ, still waiting on the designer video that was promised by the set designer that was meant to be out last month

My apologies, L@go... A friend e-mailed me that picture so I didn't know where he go it.

Apology instantly accepted and understood. That sort of thing can happen to anyone! So no offense taken - I'm sorry if my response was too harsh. I'm a journalist and work with writing and publishing and stuff, so I'm just very strict when it comes to copyright issues like this - this time, it was an innocent picture of a random LEGO piece, other times it will be pictures of something I've built...

But as I said, no offense, we're square! Now, as for the bank itself (to get back on topic), to me it looks stunning. It's a definite buy and contains several nice pieces and clever solutions - like Jamie Berard's models normally do. The only problem is to fit this and the Ghostbusters firehouse into the budget for early 2016...

I think the designer video comes out on new year's day, thats what a Lego rep told me.

Ahhh, I was hoping before Christmas.

I don't know if it's too early, but I've been thinking about the 2017 modular & what I think I would like is a building with apartments/studios for minifigures to live in. There isn't much living space in the modulars for minifigures.

The building wouldn't also have to be all apartments/studios it can have some kind of store/restaurant /offices on the first floor and then have the 2nd/3rd floor be all apartments/studios. Maybe even a hotel. Just an idea :wink:

I would also like to see a library, Emergency Room, or bakery.

I don't know if it's too early, but I've been thinking about the 2017 modular & what I think I would like is a building with apartments/studios for minifigures to live in. There isn't much living space in the modulars for minifigures.

The building wouldn't also have to be all apartments/studios it can have some kind of store/restaurant /offices on the first floor and then have the 2nd/3rd floor be all apartments/studios. Maybe even a hotel. Just an idea :wink:

I would also like to see a library, Emergency Room, or bakery.

Pet Shop is probably going to get retired in 2016 and I hope the 2017 modular would be 2 separate buildings again like Pet Shop. I like how those smaller (narrower) buildings bring variety to the modular street and apartment buildings make it look more realistic.

Edited by temes

What,the Pet Shop will be discontinued?

Any others that will go this Year?I'm asking because the Corner Cinema now only costs 139 € instead of 149 €.

Or was it always like this?

Pet Shop is probably going to get retired in 2016 and I hope the 2017 modular would be 2 separate buildings again like Pet Shop. I like how those smaller (narrower) buildings bring variety to the modular street and apartment buildings make it look more realistic.

I agree, a 2017 modular with 2 separate building would be good. It'll give more living space like the Pet Shop had. I just want more living space. If that's not the plan for the 2017 modular then I hope we get to see a bakery with some living quarter upstairs. Though, LEGO is making 2 buildings in one like the Detective's office and this brick bank.

So maybe a bakery and a butchers shop for the building with some living area. But a library or ER room would be nice too.

There's an awful lot of criminals in the modular series between the DO and BB now, isn't it about time we had a lawyers office? I recall a rumor that there was to be a lawyer office with laundromat but with BB having one, I can't see that happening. I'm thinking a 2-building Boulangerie/Delicatessen, with living space upstairs would be perfect.

There's an awful lot of criminals in the modular series between the DO and BB now, isn't it about time we had a lawyers office? I recall a rumor that there was to be a lawyer office with laundromat but with BB having one, I can't see that happening. I'm thinking a 2-building Boulangerie/Delicatessen, with living space upstairs would be perfect.

I don't think that they might make a Deli because of the Creator Corner Deli.

I like that idea of the Boulangerie/Delicatessen with living space upstairs. I want a bakery too though.

I don't think that they might make a Deli because of the Creator Corner Deli.

You're right. A bakery would be better :grin:

Count-Down has started... about 22 days to go before i will cut the seals of my two brandnew BrickBank sets... So a week later, i hope to present you my new XL-version of the Brick Bank!! Can't wait!!

Count-Down has started... about 22 days to go before i will cut the seals of my two brandnew BrickBank sets... So a week later, i hope to present you my new XL-version of the Brick Bank!! Can't wait!!

Do you build the official build first or do you start modding right away when you make those?

First i always do the official build... joy to the max! And after that, i shovel around with the outer walls and fillup the walls with the second set from the outside to the inside... So far it worked out fine! Now that i am more familiar with Bricklink, i might purchase some extra parts.. but normally, i only use the bricks from two original sets...!

First i always do the official build... joy to the max! And after that, i shovel around with the outer walls and fillup the walls with the second set from the outside to the inside... So far it worked out fine! Now that i am more familiar with Bricklink, i might purchase some extra parts.. but normally, i only use the bricks from two original sets...!

:thumbup: Can't wait to see 10251 at the Lego store but also your XL expansion. After seeing your expansion, i might be able to decide whether i have to buy one set or more~ :grin:

Hasn't even come out yet and I already plan to do the same thing!

I have done it for the Town Hall, Grand Emporium, and Fire Brigade. Haven't gotten around to do the others yet but plan to eventually.

Hasn't even come out yet and I already plan to do the same thing!

I have done it for the Town Hall, Grand Emporium, and Fire Brigade. Haven't gotten around to do the others yet but plan to eventually.

I've made XL-versions of the last 7 modulars, so in fact all, except for Market Street, Cafe Corner and Green Grocer.. my XL-BrickBank will hopefully look like this: 21484764433_4b0fb3565a_b.jpg

I can't wait to see your XL Brick Bank LegoSjaak! Your XL versions are Always so beautiful! The Brick Bank is last on my list :( I still have to get one more palace cinema (for my XXXL version) and a few more PR's...

Okay Redtrooper, a few more PR's....so far i managed in doing the XL versions with two sets of each modular.. A XL-PR must be pretty cool too!! And what about the DO, did you do this one already? Last year i spent a lot on Bricklink, due to the square..thousands of tiles and other parts. Besides that i bought two sets of the DO but i also sold a lot of older City sets, so for me it wasn't an expensive year. For the BrickBank i might need some bricks, just to raise the building a few bricks, ormaking the whole building a bit wider. I think it is technically possible to build the version i posted a few posts earlier! I'm really counting the days.. maybe i'll need to do more on the interior of the BrickBank afte that i'm finished with the XL-build... that gives me something more to do on this building!

I've made XL-versions of the last 7 modulars, so in fact all, except for Market Street, Cafe Corner and Green Grocer.. my XL-BrickBank will hopefully look like this: 21484764433_4b0fb3565a_b.jpg

LegoSjaak... Mr. XL!

I find your previous photoshop version (two windows on each side instead of three) way more proportionate than this one. I think you should go with that one. This one looks so repetitive to me, and I feel that the central section with the doors lose their grandieur feeling. Don't you think so?

I see what your meaning.. but if i buy two sets and only add one window on both sides...then i end up with a lot of spareparts.. i'd rather make the building somewhat wider then.. It should also compete with the other XL-modulars in my layout.. and as a Bank, it should not be too small. It is repetitive though...maybe i should MOD something there... By adding minifigs and bikes in front of the building, it will take away this repetitive look. I could also give the two guys on the ladder a more prominent place (change haircut, so they are no twins) and add extra plants like the one on the left. It will break up the repeating windows...