Savage Oppress

2016 Lego Games prediction

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if there were another LEGO Ninjago video game for handheld systems. However, now that Ninjago is getting so much representation in LEGO Dimensions, I don't know whether LEGO or TT Games will see as much need for it to have a game of its own.

It's worth noting that Shadow of Ronin was not announced until December of last year, so there's still hope for another Ninjago video game being announced.

NOO!!

Seriously though, i'm kind of sick of those. They never get higher than a 7. I mean, sure, it doesn't have to be completely faithful to the show (where the actual plot comes from), but even then, it would turn out the same as the rest. If Lego isn't going to change anything with the way they make their games, could they at least give Ninjago a console game? Before the movie.

Sure, they're enjoyable, but it deserves better. It's just a lego game. Actually it's less (handheld). If some people noticed, Ninjago is different from other brands, from it's visuals to it's concept. Lego really isn't doing it justice. Especially when they're treating it to handheld rank only. If they make the game right, it can finally be different and change Lego's reputation.

A ninjago game for this year is most likely inevitable, with the Sky theme and the movie soon. *Sigh*

The leaked Finn polybag with game code makes me believe that there could be a new Star Wars game coming soon, maybe based on Rebels and The Force Awakens. It's been 4 years since the last game, so it's about time they make a new one.

Now that we are getting LEGO Ghosbusters sets based off the reboot I would say a Ghostbusters Lego game is very likely.

So my predictions after Avengers are: Ghostbusters game July developed by TT Fusion and a new LEGO Star Wars game developed by TT Games somewhere in fall.

Edited by Ordinareo

So my predictions after Avengers are: Ghostbusters game July developed by TT Fusion and a new LEGO Star Wars game developed by TT Games somewhere in fall.

Whilst I do think Ghostbusters next year seems pretty likely now, I still reckon we'll get a LEGO Doctor Who game first. Probably a Doctor Who game released around June, Ghostbusters to tie in with the reboot being released on DVD/Bluray so as not to impact the Dimensions set and (say hypothetically the Ghostbusters game comes out December) LEGO Star Wars September.

As we have already discussed in this thread, I don't think so. As I said before, one movie doesn't provide enough material to warrant a game and if they wanted to release one, they would have done so already to tie it in with the release of the movie. I don't think we will get one until the release of Episode VIII.

So, we won't have any Star wars games as a kind of filler in the meantime?

Or will there be a bunch of other Lego games to keep you occupied in the meantime?

What i'd really like to see from LEGO is a game similar to The Quest For R2-D2. That game was different from the others and I really enjoyed it.

Maybe it could be like a brawl game where you have one character and you do some levels, with a boss from time to time? It would be a nice change of pace.

Edited by gamejutzu

Well, Quest for R2 was a Flash game on their website. I'm sure there will still be online games like that. I'm just talking about the Tt games which I don't think will change their formula anytime soon.

Again, I could see a Star Wars Rebels game released in the meantime, maybe next summer after the second season ends.

Well there is a polybag with stormtrooper Finn in it that had a code for an ingame unlock the same way preorder polys for the games have had in previous years.

So, we won't have any Star wars games as a kind of filler in the meantime?

Disney Infinity 3.0. :wink:

Should we be expecting a new Lego Star Wars game soon, since Star Wars: The Force Awakens recently came out?

Merged.

We don't need to discuss the same thing in two separate topics.

I'm sure there will still be online games like that.

Years later, nothing like that (action adventure 3D) is made.

The thing with Lego games is that it needs a lot of characters. Otherwise, it is very apparent how stale and repetitive it is. Rebels has, tops, 20 or so characters. It wouldn't work.

Also, Rebels is trying to do it's own thing, which is, getting people invested in new characters rather than feature old ones.

Which is why The Clone Wars had more playable characters.

Edited by gamejutzu

It must be for something else. They wouldn't have a code on current polybags for a game that hasn't been announced.

No, I still think we'll get Doctor Who and Simpsons LEGO games next year.

It must be for something else. They wouldn't have a code on current polybags for a game that hasn't been announced.

No, I still think we'll get Doctor Who and Simpsons LEGO games next year.

Given that we have no indication that the Simpsons theme is even continuing beyond the current slate of products, I don't see a full game happening. MAYBE Doctor Who, but even that is currently a very niche license with only a single Ideas set outside of Lego Dimensions, and until the theme has expanded more I don't think a full video game would be the best idea.

Given that we have no indication that the Simpsons theme is even continuing beyond the current slate of products, I don't see a full game happening. MAYBE Doctor Who, but even that is currently a very niche license with only a single Ideas set outside of Lego Dimensions, and until the theme has expanded more I don't think a full video game would be the best idea.

I completely disagree. I think Simpsons will continue in some form anyway (likely too popular for it not to and if it isn't making LEGO enough money it's because they make the sets too big) and regardless it has had five sets and two CMF series (more than enough to justify a game). Plus there's lots of scope for a game; plenty of classic episodes like Marge VS The Monorail and Homer The Great (Stonecutters episode) and lots of potential characters to play as. As for Doctor Who, that's the one game Traveller's Tales have always wanted to make and they're not going to pass up the perfect opportunity to work on it given the show has now had two sets with a third due to come out to justify a LEGO game. And as with Simpsons, there's plenty of scope. Even MORE scope. I could see a LEGO Doctor Who videogame coming out next year with an original storyline featuring every Doctor, a few companions, the Daleks, Cybermen and Missy/The Master. It's certainly not 'niche', it's a worldwide phenomenon and rightly so.

well, WB Games releases a press release of their upcoming games for the next year on the first or second week of January, so we have about 1-2 weeks to wait for it.

Edited by Savage Oppress

well, WB Games releases a press release of their upcoming games for the next year on the first or second week of January, so we have about 1-2 weeks to wait for it.

Calling it: LEGO Doctor Who - The Videogame and LEGO The Simpsons - Greatest Hits.

I'm going to predict Lego Ghostbusters and Lego Doctor Who

Wasn't there talk once about remaking the original Star Wars games with newer features?

if they remake Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, they will improve the graphics, and redo every level cutscene and add voice acting to every character