Sign in to follow this  
PocasNuckie

Mosaic: Arrow

Hi guys, how are you all?

Probably most of you don't know but I suffer from Muscular Dystrophy, an highly incapacitating disability that doesnt let me do many things that other people can do. Most of my time (except when Im on university) is spent home either navigating the Internet of watching TV (or building with LEGO of course).

One of my favorite shows is the CW adaptation of the DC hero Arrow and it was with that in my mind that I made this mosaic. It's 40x40inches in size and has about 7000 pieces of 5 different colors. It was actually pretty hard to make not just in the rendering stage but also in practice because some required parts dont exist and I had to adapt. But I think it turned out cool anyways.

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture but it's what I got now. Hope you all like it. :thumbup:

21785908049_8832085d26_c.jpg

Excellent mosaic. I also happen to have muscular dystrophy, and our past-times seem pretty similar. Arrow is one of my favorite shows as well (well pretty much all the comic book/superhero shows are my favorites). You should do The Flash next!

Great mosaics, you gave me idea to make one for my girlfriend! keep up with god work

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I got Stephen Amell (the actor behind the mask) to share this on his Facebook Fan Art Friday thing and it was great, the guy has almost 5 million followers and I got like 3000 likes on my photo plus a ton of awesome comments.

I'd happily convert every single hero on the show to Mosaic like this. What people probably don't know is that one of these things costs me around 700€ in parts alone. And since I am not rich (yet) I cant just pop LEGO Mosaics like that.

Wow that's great news about him sharing it... he didn't wanna pay you loads of money for it then.....

Yeah I can't imagine these are cheap to make at all. Still great job you are doing