Vodnik

[MOD] First Order Transporter

Thanks deskp, I was thinking the exact same thing. The size of the cabin is an issue - it doesn't need to be truly functional (hold a minifig inside) so with my extreme lack of grey I might opt for this method. But I also greatly appreciate Vodnik's approach as well to extending the cabin.

Great mods!

Vodnik, any way you could part out what you used on this mod? I want to do the exact same thing to mine, but I don't have access to my Lego (I'm in Washington State; my collection is in Maine, and will remain so for some time), so I'd love to know precisely what is required to do the job so I could just order pieces.

Vodnik, any way you could part out what you used on this mod? I want to do the exact same thing to mine, but I don't have access to my Lego (I'm in Washington State; my collection is in Maine, and will remain so for some time), so I'd love to know precisely what is required to do the job so I could just order pieces.

I copied Vodnik's concept and extended my Transport. I just extended the cabin by 4 studs. So you need a plate to extend the floor and roof. Then you need bricks for the walls. You may want to get more slopes and 1x2 to continue the style inside the cabin. You also need 2x4 plates for the side greebling. Oh and some more 2x4 tile in lbg

First Order Transport modified

I like the mod. Making it longer and a bit more accurate in the proportions make it appear a lot less blocky.

Its still a shame that Disney or whoever was responsible didnt think of something more interesting, if not in shape, than at least in color.

I mean why is there no black and red mixed it like with tie fighters or even kylo rens command shuttle? I believe that more different colours would have given the thing a lot more character, as it stands I hardly doubt that the Transporter will be remembered much or even become iconic (Part of the problem is probably as well, like with the First Order Snowspeeder, that we barely saw the thing and never really in a clear, bright and centered view)

I like the mod. Making it longer and a bit more accurate in the proportions make it appear a lot less blocky.

Its still a shame that Disney or whoever was responsible didnt think of something more interesting, if not in shape, than at least in color.

I mean why is there no black and red mixed it like with tie fighters or even kylo rens command shuttle? I believe that more different colours would have given the thing a lot more character, as it stands I hardly doubt that the Transporter will be remembered much or even become iconic (Part of the problem is probably as well, like with the First Order Snowspeeder, that we barely saw the thing and never really in a clear, bright and centered view)

They were attempting to pay homage to this:

Lcf_(4)_24_FL5979.jpg

... much in the way that many of the early ship designs (the Millenium Falcon; the Y-wing) were heavily influenced by WWII aircraft. And, to that end, I think the designers at the Lucasarts were immensely successful.

I, frankly, love the design because it is so utilitarian. When we look at the military forces in our own world, there is enormous diversity in the craft utilized, but, at the end of the day, one truism lords over all: the more simple something is, the easier it is to maintain.

When it comes to bad guys in Star Wars, flat lines are the norm (and have been embraced by the Empire [and First Order] from the get-go), whether you're looking at a Lambda-class shuttle or a Star Destroyer. In this sense, the First Order Transport actually fits in with the 'look' of its accompanying faction quite well. As for paint jobs... well... do you really want everything to be black? I kind of like grey Star Destroyers and AT-ATs and such, myself.

Edited by ShrikeArghast

On 1/17/2016 at 11:13 PM, IronFish said:

Is it possible to make a list of just the extra parts use to make it longer?

Hi! I really like to build you FO transporter MOD ... a list of parts would be very helpful. =)

On 12/22/2016 at 2:07 AM, BrickBuilderTONY92 said:

Hi! I really like to build you FO transporter MOD ... a list of parts would be very helpful. =)

I actually got around to making an extended one myself from the set. All I did was download the LFX and delete the parts found in the set, and bricklinked the extra parts, sounds tricky, but it worked out for me, and it was pretty simple to build.