VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

LOL @ silly accordion air bladder launchers.

Is there NO end to the cheesy, out-dated toy gimmicks being tossed at Bionicle?!?

All they need is to super-streamline the Zamor launchers. They were on the right track there.

Were.

Gali is just the most astounding trainwreck I thought possible.

NOW do some of you "other guys" understand why sticking it faithful to the characters they were based on is an important thing?

Like Boney McLonglegs and Blacky McLimespots. Those two are worthy of purchase. Onua has some good parts too... but probably won't bother.

After seeing these, I wish that this was the last year of Bionicle... perhaps replaced by a totally different, better line... but ONLY after they fire any american or dutch designers and bring in a 100% Japanese crew.

you all know what these are AWESOME, so stop acting like they are stupid POWER RANGERS, cause know what they are not!!

To you, they're awesome.

To me, they make Power Rangers look awesome.

In other words, they suck as hard as is possibly comprehensible. I fully believe a chimpanzee broke into LEGO's workshop, designed these freaks, left, after which they were found by the actual set designers, liked, chosen for sale, and now showed at Toy Fair.

And we all know BZP will love 'em. X-D

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

The only word I can use to describe Vultraz is "Craptastic"

The Nuva look ok but the launchers are awful, really awful. I really hate these gimmicky things they slap on.

Krika is my favourite Makuta, mostly because it captures the look of an insect. The other ones just look a bit *meh*

Backward piraka torsos are another annoyance. *n*

After the Phantoka, this is kind of a step in the wrong dierection. I miss the day when we got awesome sets like Kardas. :-(

You guys are a bunch of winers.

Alot of people look forward to new designs.

Plus, it's the only way the stores will sell them.

Well, I guess I will be saving up my money for Batman and another theme this year. Poor bionicle, crashing and burning. Onua's amsk loos half decent though.

I LOVE GORAST AND KRIKA!!!!!!! oh btw onuas mask looks like a makuta krahkaan

EDIT:the one on the middle of the brochure is krika??? WITH THE HORN THING? i didnt know that, sooo the one on the left is bitil *sigh*

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

ZOMFMG!!!

More criticizing!

Axalara: It's a demented Lewa on a vehicle. Crappilicious.

Bitil: IT'S A MONSTER! No, really, it's evil looking, but looks awesome.

Gali: What the F***??? It seems like a cross between Kopaka, Matoro Mahri, and a pile of S***!

Gorast: IS THAT A F***ING VISORAK HEAD? Eh, what the hell, he is freaking awesome. Nice color scheme.

Krika: WAY better than those crappy Peliminary pics. Pointy. VERY pointy...

Onua: That appears to be the Krahkaan, Mask of Shadows, a weird laser gun thin... and my friends' MoC's legs.

Tahu: Weird, blades atop a Gahlok Kal shield, makes a strange shuriken/shield, rubbery looking Knight's Kingdom head, and a double launcher.

Vultraz: Looks exactly the same as the Prliminary. Blech.

I am getting Gorast =)

Just wished his Inika body was coloured black and the neck metru arm lime green, then only his claws and the... air pump will be silver!

BRING BACK THE ORIGINALS! STOP ABUSING SILVER AND GRAY!

What are those projectiles supposed to be, little ghost-like phantoms?

-Iggy

Mist bombs? Flying chickens? I have no idea. But I can see that their are two colors:Grey for toa adn green for baddies.

I am getting Gorast =)

Just wished his Inika body was coloured black and the neck metru arm lime green, then only his claws and the... air pump will be silver!

BRING BACK THE ORIGINALS! STOP ABUSING SILVER AND GRAY!

What are those projectiles supposed to be, little ghost-like phantoms?

-Iggy

same here i love gorast inika body yeah black and metru neck lime green air pump ok to be green... WE LOVE GORAST

Uh...guys? In that gallery, find the group shot with the six canister sets.

Zoom in. Look at the card for Gorast.

$12.99 USD? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *vader*

~Trexxen, who hopes his eyes are wrong

Uh...guys? In that gallery, find the group shot with the six canister sets.

Zoom in. Look at the card for Gorast.

$12.99 USD? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *vader*

~Trexxen, who hopes his eyes are wrong

OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT! 12.99 USD for those crap canister sets!? ...sighs... :'-( Please be Canadian currency!

Edited by -ReVenge-

Here are some non-crappy images, but note that this is the preliminary show for collectors tonight. You can find all the good stuff here.

Edited by LordGalewind

Hmm... those green ammo appear to be VERY leech-like, the suction mouth part that is... I hope that they are actually fast multiplying plants transformed by the Mutagen, called "Bolo Weeds" because they wrap around and squeeze their targets...

But that's just me trying to edit the BIONICLE story =p

Why LEGO, why didnt you put a cool chest piece for Gorast?!

-Iggy