VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

Get Antroz. His wing is awesome, and movable too (unlike Vamprah and Chirox's).

Anyway, Greg said that there will be 2 more Matoran included in summer titan sets. One is Vultraz (we all know that), so I'm guessing the other is included in the last store-exclusive set, Mazeka. BTW, Greg also said that Mazeka is a "he".

...Chirox has four joints on his wings. His arms extend to form them.

Yesterday at last bought Kopaka, Lewa, Antroz, Tanma and Radiak. You'd never believe me, but I really like Spiriah! ;-)

And also I managed to get a look into this 2008 catalogue... cannot say very much about Mistika - pictures are really, REALLY small - but I can point some things. First, all Makuta have really new masks (not Kopaka's on Krika!) but these masks aren't really looks like, well, masks. Especially Gorast's - it isn't Pridak's head, but something very close to it. Secong, Gali really has those awful elf ears and she's, well, not "she" by the look of the set. And third (and most important!) - Onua really hasbn't any close combat weapon, like Kopaka. He just holds that strange gun, and that's all. But the thing ON his left arm is really Takanuva's chest armor (or the things that are placed on Jetrax T6 turbines). He looks... strange, but he really resembles old Onua in some way.

sounds cool, toyfair soon so we should get all of the pics, but you know what happened with karnazhi. Damn the evil lego people and leaked pics >:-)

These are prototype masks, I'm sure.

First off, Tahu doesn't have a mouth hole. But there should be an indent, that causes a little hole to form. So, unless his mask is a Ignika/Maxilos head type mask, the final version should have a little mouth hole. If you look on that pic about prototypes to final versions I made a few pages back, it's the same for Lewa.

So - what do you think?

-ZotS

I personally like tahu without the mouth hole

YAY! page 88

Edited by Jetrax99

Well, unless TLC is trying to piss us off, he probably will have one.

-ZotS

I doubt it. It seems to me that the set designers don't care that these are our cherished heroes.

I doubt it. It seems to me that the set designers don't care that these are our cherished heroes.

I'm talking about a small mouth hole. With the indent, there's got to be one, right? Name me one set from 2003 - 2008 that doesn't have a mouth hole that does have a rod built in. None is the correct awnser... so a little mouth hole will probably appear on Tahu.

~Air Spirit

Who cares?! Well, people do...but...I don't care. These are STILL our cherished heroes, because they carry their names! If that's not enough, if you simply want a re-hash, then go ahead and picket Lego stores for all I care. These are just toys. And from the looks of it, they've hit their highest point. Can't get any better than this, and let's hope it wont, because our wallets are running dry :-D

But I'm goin' after Tahu, Gali, and Onua Mistika.

I'm also gonna review them, once they are made availible.

Who cares?! Well, people do...but...I don't care. These are STILL our cherished heroes, because they carry their names! If that's not enough, if you simply want a re-hash, then go ahead and picket Lego stores for all I care. These are just toys. And from the looks of it, they've hit their highest point. Can't get any better than this, and let's hope it wont, because our wallets are running dry :-D

But I'm goin' after Tahu, Gali, and Onua Mistika.

I'm also gonna review them, once they are made availible.

Not if I get Tahu first! Tahu is going to be the first Mistika I get, and I'll compare him to his other forms and...

But first, the Phantoka.

-ZotS

Guys, if you look closely at Onua... his mask is in the style of Hewkii Mahri's. :-X

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I love Gorast. They finally found a way to mix my favorite color-scheme (Black-Lime) With My favorite aspect (Nocturn's 4-arm...ness) with what looks shockingly similar to my favorite piece (Pridak's head). Let's just hope or two things, #1, those aren't Av-limbs he has for legs, and #2, That mask isn't Pridak head, it just looks similar.

Guys, if you look closely at Onua... his mask is in the style of Hewkii Mahri's. :-X

Yeah, okay. I severely doubt you've fine-tuned those images to the point where you can make that out. When I "look closely" at him, I just see a Pakari that's been heavily revamped... so until we get new images of this guy, let's not jump to conclusions.

Unless, of course, you can provide evidence.

These are prototype masks, I'm sure.

First off, Tahu doesn't have a mouth hole. But there should be an indent, that causes a little hole to form. So, unless his mask is a Ignika/Maxilos head type mask, the final version should have a little mouth hole. If you look on that pic about prototypes to final versions I made a few pages back, it's the same for Lewa.

So - what do you think?

-ZotS

You know what I'd like? To have the mouth guard be a different piece, that attaches to the true, more Hau-like mask. :-$ ;-)

You know what I'd like? To have the mouth guard be a different piece, that attaches to the true, more Hau-like mask. :-$ ;-)

Not a bad idea there, but I doubt lego would do something like that. I just hope Tahu looks awesome when pics of him appear at Toyfair.

Spartan_01

Don't be too sure. Maybe the people at ToyFair will put the summer sets in a terrible pose. And the next thing you know, people keep screaming "The Mistika are ugly and I don't like them blahblahblah..." until they have the actual sets.

You know...you maybe right. I hope not. I can't see anything, though, because it's black. On a second, closer glance, I do see some grey. Ugh :-X .

Look. at. it. -facepalm-

You can see a TOA METRU HEAD.

*Looks*

Sorry, I see nothing. That could simply be his chin, if he's looking up. Listen, I don't want to sound condescending or anything, and I don't want to seem like a dick, but I just don't see it... Let's just wait for better pics.

If they spend any time underwater it makes sense for the mouth to be covered, doesn't it?

*Cough2007cough*

Now that, my friend, is a great idea! Lets hope it's true... that'll be awesome! *drools*

And Keyblade Weilder - I wouldn't say that just yet. Any pics or observations to clarify that statement?

-ZotS

PLus isn't it possible for the onua mask to have some grey in it?

Yeah, it could be marbled. I wouldn't have a problem if it were like Hewkii's(Mahri) mask, I like it. Because of it there more decent actual masks that fit those Piraka heads, and also lots of other uses.